Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Secondary o2 Sensor Wiring on DX/LX K-Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009
TURTLEonK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
Secondary o2 Sensor Wiring on DX/LX K-Swap

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone ever figured out the proper way to create the wiring for the secondary o2 sensor on a DX/LX Civic when doing the K20 Swap? Reason I'm asking is I'm planning on getting rid of my KPRO and using a stock ECU but in order to stop a CEL from coming on, I need to make this sensor function. With KPRO, I could just disable it.
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

edrulz2003 will become famous soon enough
Re: Secondary o2 Sensor Wiring on DX/LX K-Swap

why would u want to get rid of the k pro its the best thing out there for a k20 civic...other then that i dont think anyones figuered it out yet
Old 02-07-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Why cant you just plug the O2 sensor into the stock hookup right next to the radiator with an O2 extension cable?
Old 02-07-2009
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

^because the pinouts are different and the car will generate a CEL probably for secondary o2 sensor heater malfunction.

anyways, just get the wiring diagram from the car you're sourcing the ecu and match the pins. not hard. I converted my car to OEM wideband primary and narrow band secondary with no problems by just comparing the stock wiring to what the Kpro inputs were. and getting rid of kpro? are you mad?
Old 02-07-2009
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok here is what ive figured out so far... The 2 white wires on the sensor are for the heater which is controled by the ECU (E connector, pin 6) via a relay. The relay will put out +12v when the ECU sends the signal and the other white wire will need to be grounded. The black wire is the signal going into the ECU (E connector, pin 2). The Gray wire is the sensor ground. Im going to be trying this once it stops raining around here so ill let you guys know.
Old 02-07-2009
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough

Hey I appreciate all the help! The reason I'm getting rid of the KPRO is because I'm trying to part out the car but instead of having to put the stock motor in etc. I sourced a K20a3 + 5spd trans that I will swap in for cheap and sell the Type-S Motor for some extra funds.

I went over to an 08 CL9 which I am currently working on.. I really wish I could keep both cars but if I cant sell the civic for a decent price, I'll probably end up keeping it. K20 Winter beater for the win! hahaha
Old 02-07-2009
TURTLEonK

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Why cant you just plug the O2 sensor into the stock hookup right next to the radiator with an O2 extension cable?
If I remember correctly, on DX/LX models, the o2 sensor connections are built into the engine wiring harness which is no longer there ?? The EX owners are luckier because the secondary o2 sensor connection is part of the body harness and is located against the firewall (engine compartment side)