Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

emjay's Dezod D17 kit in action

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough
Re: Dezod D17 kit in action w/ K PRO & AEM FIC

hey guys this is actually stupid ... im not even mad anymore and i duno why some people are saying random **** but here it is to settle.

Last edited by emjay; 01-21-2009 at 04:35 AM.
Old 09-18-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

I blame Al Gore. That sonofabitch has been screwing up the internet for years. It's his fault. Not Paul's or Enrique's.
Old 09-18-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

without internet none of us would be entertained rite noww and would be all excited to come check wat "EMJAYS DEZOD KIT IN ACTION" should be the name is sayinggg lol

Last edited by emjay; 09-18-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-19-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

yea, that damn victim al gore. him and that red headed stepchild owen wilson. everything is their fault.
Old 09-19-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: emjay's Dezod D17 kit in action

Nice car, have fun!
Old 09-19-2008
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

dude just smile and be happy you got boost and looks like its running verry wel.
Old 09-19-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

Yay!!!

[/drama]
Old 09-19-2008
Registered!!

ahad_civic is an unknown quantity at this point

if there was no dezod-lets just say there wouldve been no 7thgen
Old 09-19-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

WEll i'm glad that you cool with you car and that everything is going great so far.. but i don't think anyone new that was you car... i know i didn't til someone said something about it
Old 09-20-2008
Registered!!

wooooooooooot i love it guys u guys make me happy ... its true ahad the kit is amazing great platform -- dark maul ur injectors are in the mail to Maryland
Old 09-20-2008
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah man,the injectors have left canada and are on its way to my friend.thx dude!!

Last edited by DaRk_MauL; 09-20-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2008

So how much power are you putting down now?
Old 09-20-2008
Registered!!

ill post the pdf when i get it .. all my numbers are on a dynapack4000 which reads 10% less then the dynojet. I think the record for the dezod kit was 330whp or sumting @ 22 psi on a dynojet WITH the dezod race mani
Old 09-20-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

OKay glad its settled
Old 09-21-2008
Registered!!

ahad_civic is an unknown quantity at this point

@emjay, good to hear ur enjoying it!

do make a new post giving details of ur setup along with some nice runs!!
Old 09-21-2008
Registered!!

paul u should leave the specs again .. its a nice comparison video repaste the **** down lol
Old 09-21-2008
Registered!!

i will make runs and a new thread give it time .. ill surprise u guys one day
Old 09-21-2008

Originally Posted by ahad_civic
do make a new post giving details of ur setup along with some nice runs!!
And take it off some sweet jumps.
Old 09-22-2008
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

reposted mod list and video per emjay
Old 09-22-2008
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emjay
ill post the pdf when i get it .. all my numbers are on a dynapack4000 which reads 10% less then the dynojet. I think the record for the dezod kit was 330whp or sumting @ 22 psi on a dynojet WITH the dezod race mani

Ummm. Highest I have seen on the log on a dynapak was 275whp @ 17-18
Old 09-22-2008
7thgen Power Maker

With our race mani, the highest I have seen is Andyman97, which has our manifold only. He is well over 450whp with an extensive mod list to match.
Old 09-22-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dezod
Ummm. Highest I have seen on the log on a dynapak was 275whp @ 17-18

ouch..

Last edited by emjay; 09-23-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-23-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dezod
With our race mani, the highest I have seen is Andyman97, which has our manifold only. He is well over 450whp with an extensive mod list to match.
its been 3 weeks only

Last edited by emjay; 01-21-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-23-2008
7thgen Power Maker

i need the gt30 lol andyman is not one but two steps ahead of the game regardless .. sad to say the turbo is leaking oil paul .. we cheked today while doing the oil change. kinda upset ... but it is a yr old had it at 5 psi for 9 months never had a problem, i really wanted it to last me till spring .. is boosting 12-18psi that bad for it ? its been 3 weeks only
Hmm. Leaking oil? From the CHRA or a fitting? Please be more specific.
Old 09-23-2008
7thgen Power Maker

ouch..
That's not to say there hasn't been higher. That is just what was reported back to me.
Old 09-23-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

i need the gt30 lol andyman is not one but two steps ahead of the game regardless .. sad to say the turbo is leaking oil paul .. we cheked today while doing the oil change. kinda upset ... but it is a yr old had it at 5 psi for 9 months never had a problem, i really wanted it to last me till spring .. is boosting 12-18psi that bad for it ? its been 3 weeks only
This isn't a flame attempt, Paul, but what's the story on those turbos? I've heard of several people having issues with your turbos. Have you looked deeper into it? Maybe consider a different source/brand? I've always only used garrett and I wouldn't ever use anything else personally.
Old 09-23-2008
Registered!!

me neither .. i wanna go with garrett .. not the fittin, i got a brand new fitting and its not that we checked.. its the centre housing .. the actual turbo.. basically my turbo is going .. it could be days or a yr .. its jus a matter of time before it starts smoking .. any fix? i wanted to run this dezod kit for a yr, its making nice power... i had no issues at 5psi @181 whp it jus started since my 3 week upgrade, guess too much stress? **** this blows ..

Last edited by emjay; 09-23-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-24-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	boostcat.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	74912  
Old 09-24-2008
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by andyman97
This isn't a flame attempt, Paul, but what's the story on those turbos? I've heard of several people having issues with your turbos. Have you looked deeper into it? Maybe consider a different source/brand? I've always only used garrett and I wouldn't ever use anything else personally.
They are a mix or Borg Warner and Garrett parts that we make together.

We ran these exact turbos for 30K-40K miles with no probs. It seems to be very inconsistent with failures.

Last edited by dezod; 09-24-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-24-2008
7thgen Power Maker

me neither .. i wanna go with garrett .. not the fittin, i got a brand new fitting and its not that we checked.. its the centre housing .. the actual turbo.. basically my turbo is going .. it could be days or a yr .. its jus a matter of time before it starts smoking .. any fix? i wanted to run this dezod kit for a yr, its making nice power... i had no issues at 5psi @181 whp it jus started since my 3 week upgrade, guess too much stress? **** this blows ..
email a pic of 2 emjay.

paul@dezod.com

So it was fine for a year, and now 3 weeks after 19 PSI it's taking a crap? Possibly too much oil pressure and stress? Proper cool downs and warm ups?

Quick Reply: emjay's Dezod D17 kit in action