Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Engine Swaps (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/79-engine-swaps)
-   -   emjay's Dezod D17 kit in action (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/79-engine-swaps/310410-emjays-dezod-d17-kit-action.html)

dezod 09-15-2008 01:19 PM

emjay's Dezod D17 kit in action

Edited by request of emjay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3MI6rN3K4U

Tuned by Dynamotorsports.ca

Notice the speed-o shot on it.

02BLKCIVIC 09-15-2008 01:39 PM

Re: Dezod D17 kit in action w/ K PRO & AEM FIC

sick there both EL's

drunkenmagnum 09-15-2008 01:44 PM

What are the final numbers? Hard to tell from the video. Nice work though @ only 6PSI.

sicma99ot 09-15-2008 01:46 PM

awsome

filipinop1405 09-15-2008 03:15 PM

nice vids... numbers also?

knight_321 09-15-2008 04:43 PM

the 1st 1 looked like it put out 180

civcspool 09-16-2008 08:09 AM

its the same car... ask emjay about the numbers i dont want to post it..

dezod 09-16-2008 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by civcspool (Post 4345517)
its the same car... ask emjay about the numbers i dont want to post it..

Yeah I do not know the #s, but I know who the owner is and did not want to post his #s if he did not want us to. Some people are weird like that.

emjay 09-16-2008 09:09 AM

dezod that was me .. why did u post that video and I WAs GOING TO MAKE A THREAD and im not hiding the numbers, its jus for the site, for locals not to see .. the forums can know .. ill post the dyno later this week

emjay 09-16-2008 09:17 AM

how did u come across that vid, i only got my car back 2 days ago the dash isn't even in and u have my vid up haha

dezod 09-16-2008 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by emjay (Post 4345542)
how did u come across that vid, i only got my car back 2 days ago the dash isn't even in and u have my vid up haha

Enrique here found the video while he was looking for something else online.

dezod 09-16-2008 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by emjay (Post 4345540)
dezod that was me .. why did u post that video and I WAs GOING TO MAKE A THREAD and im not hiding the numbers, its jus for the site, for locals not to see .. the forums can know .. ill post the dyno later this week

I know it was. Please post up the #s and the graph for our viewing pleasure.

Eyger 09-16-2008 12:10 PM

I no can use yootoob at works. I watch after the work time end.

Anything involving a turbo'd 7th gen is exciting in my book!

emjay 09-16-2008 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by dezod (Post 4345578)
Enrique here found the video while he was looking for something else online.

and u decide to post it up and call it "dezod d17 kit in action" and make it a comparison video knowing its my car .. and not even mention emjay or anything?.. lol ur a pretty funny guy .. i think u shoulda waited knowing its my car for me to make my thread out of respect thats all especially when i got it back two days ago and everything was so exciting for me to share

Eyger 09-17-2008 12:44 AM

Just saw the videos, not bad. Emjay, you should make some more/better ones then make another thread.

dezod 09-17-2008 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by emjay (Post 4345739)
and u decide to post it up and call it "dezod d17 kit in action" and make it a comparison video knowing its my car .. and not even mention emjay or anything?.. lol ur a pretty funny guy .. i think u shoulda waited knowing its my car for me to make my thread out of respect thats all especially when i got it back two days ago and everything was so exciting for me to share

Well we figured keeping it anonymous and NOT mentioning your name or such would not steal your thunder and allow you to continue to make your thread as planned without any recourse. Simple as that.

Regardless, you're having fun with the kit. It looks like it makes decent power, so what more could you ask for?

andyman97 09-17-2008 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by emjay (Post 4345739)

Truth.org

jbrown59 09-17-2008 11:30 PM

It's a tough economy and Dezod is just trying to market his product...I want a kit and more vids please emjay...thanks

emjay 09-18-2008 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by andyman97 (Post 4346003)
Truth.org

i like u cuz ur so straight up

Originally Posted by jbrown59 (Post 4346046)
It's a tough economy and Dezod is just trying to market his product...I want a kit and more vids please emjay...thanks

lmao tough economy?

emjay 09-18-2008 12:51 AM

.... i jus really want u to admit wat u did wasn't right man,

Curiouz_G 09-18-2008 09:26 AM

in the words of kanye "dezod doesnt care about 7thgeners" (i replaced a couple of key words :P)

money makes the world go round and if he can make more by using someone as a stepping stone (IE YOU) he doesnt mind, which is why i went custom all the way and im thankful as hell to the person who made it for me (mad props to you :P )

ahad_civic 09-18-2008 10:20 AM

i say u guys stop hating and burning on the guy (dezod) fine if he posted up ur car but whats the big deal? its off of youtube considering it doesnt play...and secondly u can make another better video and present itt...

calm down man, i know how u would be feeling right now but at times its better to let go.....

@curiouz_G, no need to add fuel to the fire

dezod 09-18-2008 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by emjay (Post 4346061)
ur soooo smart to keep me annonymous definately .. thanks for not stealing my thunder man .. what more can i ask for ur rite great power and everyyything man .. if only sumone could teach u wat respect/principles are that im talking about it woulda topppped off my wonderful dezod in action kit ..

.... i jus really want u to admit wat u did wasn't right man, jus look at everything from my perspective and think from a 21 yr old and how much his car means to him and then write sumting tats all i want

Whoa! You are blowing this utterly out of proportion. I am terribly sorry that is caused this much commotion and I would have never posted it if I had thought that it would have caused this much drama. I will delete the entire post if you want me to. Let me know what you want me to do. You still have all of the hype. You should have just posted your thread and moved on.

dezod 09-18-2008 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Curiouz_G (Post 4346112)
in the words of kanye "dezod doesnt care about 7thgeners" (i replaced a couple of key words :P)

money makes the world go round and if he can make more by using someone as a stepping stone (IE YOU) he doesnt mind, which is why i went custom all the way and im thankful as hell to the person who made it for me (mad props to you :P )

That is so utterly wrong by 10000000%. If we did not care about this market, we would not answer the numerous emails, phone calls, sell the parts, discontinue the sort of poor selling kit (as of the last 5 months in comparison to other kits) and not renew our vendorship and offer help on here left and right. Simple as that! We love this community and have supported in since day 1 back in 2002. So to say something like that is utterly insane and makes me rather upset. We do not step on our customers at all. We have always been here for you guys and the fact that someone even thinks this shows how much this community has changed. It's so upsetting to see comments like this. What happened to the good old days of when 2k1civic.com and 7thgencivic.com where kind, helpful, less drama and more truth?!

Paul

Dezod2 09-18-2008 01:46 PM

Hey, this is Enrique. I am the one who found this link on the web. I showed Paul and he took the liberty of posting it. I didn't think this would be a big deal either. If anyone is to blame, it should be your tuner shop who posted it on their site:
http://dynamotorsports.ca/news.html

and hosted it on one of the largest video media exchange forums in the world youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nprEdOMnuDA

I think we do not need to be crucified here for merely pointing out something that could have been discovered by anyone searching "dezod" on youtube. If you did not want any vids posted, why didn't you disclose that to your tuner shop? They have countless vids of cars from Supras, Mazdas, BMWs, R18 8thgens etc...They also took the liberty of posting it on the global level and we are at fault here? I do not see how. :_please:

Curiouz_G 09-18-2008 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by dezod (Post 4346134)
That is so utterly wrong by 10000000%. If we did not care about this market, we would not answer the numerous emails, phone calls, sell the parts, discontinue the sort of poor selling kit (as of the last 5 months in comparison to other kits) and not renew our vendorship and offer help on here left and right. Simple as that! We love this community and have supported in since day 1 back in 2002. So to say something like that is utterly insane and makes me rather upset. We do not step on our customers at all. We have always been here for you guys and the fact that someone even thinks this shows how much this community has changed. It's so upsetting to see comments like this. What happened to the good old days of when 2k1civic.com and 7thgencivic.com where kind, helpful, less drama and more truth?!

Paul

me thinks your monopolizing the 7thgen market.

I wonder why Cody @ Lovefab wouldnt make any 7thgen products for me... Id sure love lifetime warrenty on my parts...

speedfoos 09-18-2008 05:04 PM

Sigh. I just wanted to see the video and not the drama.

unTuned 09-18-2008 05:11 PM

not to be another person crowding around the commotion...but that is a silly thing to say curiouz_g. these guys at dezod have been helping the 7th gen community with not only their own personal research of what will help our cars perform better, their own time and effort in creating new and updated parts, and taking older ideas and just improving on them. not to mention the amount of online support ive seen these guys give to people just asking for everyday advice on the website. nothing that ive seen these guys do ever since ive been viewing this site has shown them using anyone as a stepping stone by having their products in our cars. thats a pretty selfish thing to say to put it lightly.

and emjay...dont take it so hard man, like everyone else has said...make up a new thread, get a real video, maybe get some driving footage and then post it all up. thats what everyone wants to see. theres nothing to be upset about, you have a serious ride now and should be proud of it and not let something so minor bother you. not to mention, and most importantly of all...they didnt mean any harm. if they knew youd be this upset they wouldnt have done it. isnt that fair enough?

02BLKCIVIC 09-18-2008 05:20 PM

what the hell happened in this thread?

And whats wrong with monopolizing the market.

This shit is dog eat dog, similar to the real world.

I say blame the source, the tuner.

filipinop1405 09-18-2008 05:55 PM

I say blame the tuner or whomever filmed the damn thing. thats who's at fault.