Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Overheating/Turbo/Slim Fans

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Re: Overheating/Turbo/Slim Fans

I sold the entire turbo kit. No more headaches
Old 01-08-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stand clear is an unknown quantity at this point

start with using a high scfm fan,then if it does change the radiator to a koyo or fluidyne full front
Old 01-08-2009
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Or you can just sell it all
Old 04-15-2009
Registered!!

djaysin04 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the identical problem you do, all the same symptoms except i get a ton of overflow from the reservoir and i have a koyo radiator...... but i think i found out what the problem is. two things... first one may or may not really but much of a factor, but if you dont use dex cool coolant or just a type of coolant thats made for aluminum radiators, little clogs can build up which may lead to slightly more overheating. anyways im sure as everyone knows a radiator has coils going back and forth stack on top of one another very tightly. what happens often especially in the case of having a turbocharge system is the coolant gets too hot leading to more pressure. in some cases the coolant can get so hot that it will cause one of the lines of the coils to expand, crushing the one above and below it. this will eventually stop the flow of coolant until the coolant gets hot enough and builds enough pressure to where it finally burst through filling ur reservoir tank/ overflowing. also if you have ever had your heater on to help keep the car cool you'll notice the heater stops working suddenly even when the car is overheating. this is because the flow of coolant has stopped. ive had my car turbo-ed for 4 yrs and never had a problem until recently, but ive been using just regular universal prestone coolant. i really dont think the type of coolant makes that great of a difference but maybe it happened when i raced my car to hard in 98 degree weather?? what im going to do now is get my radiator pressure tested at a radiator shop and buy another koyo radiator if it is damaged. pictures on the way soon =D

Last edited by djaysin04; 04-15-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-15-2009
Premium Member

I would be surprised if it was the radiator to be honest.
Old 04-29-2009
Registered!!

djaysin04 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol it wasnt the radiator, i have a cracked head gasket. i use synthetic oil and it was hard to tell if there was water in it, but after taking off the valve cover it was obvious. i order a mls cosmetic head gasket so we'll see if that does the trick. if not im done with my car too. do i have to use photobucket to upload pics or can i do it straight from here?
Old 05-05-2009
Premium Member

Photobucket is WAY easier