Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

I finally took it to the track...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
I finally took it to the track...

and almost did better than Clint!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UOdz43SQmk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-x6D8F1_KU

timeslip from my best run is attached, best run was a 15.51 @ 93.4
turbo + open diff - slicks + n00b driver = 2.66 60-foot

and forgive the vid quality. the wife was recording with my phone since we forgot the digicam
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0001.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	73755  
Old 03-02-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I finally took it to the track...

Tony is that at Benson. Glad you went to the track. You should def be running 14's. Keep practicing though thanks for the video.

I just realized I think Benson is only an 1/8th mile track.
Old 03-02-2008
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

Nice Run Tho...
Old 03-02-2008
Official Wish He Knew It All

HyeHonda05 will become famous soon enough

sweet run bro......
Old 03-02-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Tony is that at Benson. Glad you went to the track. You should def be running 14's. Keep practicing though thanks for the video.

I just realized I think Benson is only an 1/8th mile track.
nah, it's in Fayetteville, out by the airport. I was a little disappointed in my time, but i know it's all driver error and traction. it spins readily in 1st and 2nd, so i have a lot more practice before I can get it out of the hole a little better. my best R/T of the day was like a .690 or something, so i know i have some improvement there as well. all boils down to seat time though. i was surprised at the trap speed though
Old 03-02-2008
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

wow that looks slow on camera..
Old 03-02-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

ew you need some driving lessons! lol. nice car/run though! learn to preload your tranny (preload launching) and how to feather the clutch rather than feathering the gas (will lose load on the turbo and have to spool again) with that said you should be able to pull at least a 2.0 60 ft. which will cut your time a lot. general rule is that for every .1 off your 60 foot it cuts off .2 on your ET.
Old 03-02-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

man i wish i didn't get there too late... well i guess next time bro!! definitely hit me up again next time you go... my fiance gets back next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like you had a good time anyway Tony! We're going again on Sunday so we'll see if I can even beat my current time.

How often is that track open?
Old 03-03-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

get lighter rims man. u look like ur running 18's

but great none the less
Old 03-03-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Dope that you got video up and took it out to the track.

The bad part is that it looks like you dug out in third gear.

How much are you tuned at?
Old 03-03-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

Your times should def be in the 14's even if you used crappy tires. the last time i ran (before the cam and upgrades) i ran a 14.5 (best) and that was on worn out street tires.
stick with it and dont over do your launch and your times will come down. try about 5k rpm at the line instead.
Old 03-03-2008
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

nice vid always nice to watch,but your time is like slow, I do 15.68sec on 1/4mile
with just I/H/E...... the rest bone stock.
Old 03-03-2008
Registered!!

yeah, yeah, thanks for all the comments...i know i suck at driving

sheesh...

and Clint, the track is open every weekend if it's nice. check the website for more info http://www.fayettevillemotorsportspark.com/

the wife and i are taking a trip down to GA to see the folks this weekend or I'd go again, i need the practice
Old 03-03-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

well next time you go let me know and i'll bring mine out and we'll see how slow i go with really nothing on my car...lol.
Old 03-04-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

tuning hoow much u boosting and waht did u make on the dyno
Old 03-04-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Here's a more visible version of the slip...
Old 03-04-2008

$20 and run all you want, ****, that's not bad Tony! I'll be paying $60 to do the same on Saturday.
Old 03-06-2008
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light

nice run
Old 03-07-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
$20 and run all you want, ****, that's not bad Tony! I'll be paying $60 to do the same on Saturday.
it's run all you want, but there were a lot of cars there that day. I think i got 5 runs in the whole day and between the race cars and bikes, i had enough time in the staging lanes to let the car cool down quite a bit between runs. i don't think my oil temps got over 170 the whole day til i drove home. as far as R/T and launching, it all boils down to seat time guys. i have maybe 10 runs total in the car, 5 or so before and 5 after boost. i need practice, plain and simple.
Old 03-09-2008
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve

lol on a 75 shot i hit the same 60 ft but ran a 15.3 in a 04 vp coupe
Old 03-22-2008
Registered!!

I think I blew a headgasket today... she's pushing coolant back into the overflow reservoir and heating up at idle..

oh well, going TDY for six weeks tomorrow morning, I'll screw with it when I get back
Old 03-22-2008
Registered!!

so you went to the track today? damn dude you shoulda told me.. my future father in law just got in to town for the weekend and loves drag racing. well holla at me bro when you get back. sorry to hear that you may have a problem.
Old 03-22-2008

LOL! That sucks Tony, but you should have figured it would happen when you installed the ARPs and didn't replace the HG. How's you do at the track though?
Old 03-22-2008
Registered!!

10.3 at 71, 1/8 mile track

no slips though so i don't know what my 60ft was, but it felt a little better...