Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

AEM FIC vs GReddy E-Manage

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
AEM FIC vs GReddy E-Manage

I took the time to answer some of the common questions, phone calls and emails we receive on a regular basis in a well written, easy to follow, break down comparison.

It is available here in PDF format for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.dezod.com/files/FICvsEMAN.pdf
Old 11-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
Re: AEM FIC vs GReddy E-Manage

cool....good info
Old 11-29-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

great read Paul, too bad I already spent the coinage on the Emangle and most of the "optional" features.
Old 11-30-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I am sorry man. AEM took their time coming out with this, but if you are lookin to upgrade eventually, lemme know.
Old 11-30-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Nice right up paul, very clear............Whatcha got price wise on that aem piggyback?

Now you just need one explaining why my downpipe is rubbing the subframe now (with all brand new motor mounts & transmission)
Old 11-30-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by FoSho
Nice right up paul, very clear............Whatcha got price wise on that aem piggyback?

Now you just need one explaining why my downpipe is rubbing the subframe now (with all brand new motor mounts & transmission)
If it was not rubbing before and is now; something changed in that 3D plain of the geometry of the system. Not sure if it is something like the manifold studs giving way etc.....There is more than meets the eye.

Car in an accident recently?

Anyway, FIC runs about $410
Old 11-30-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Yea. It never rubbed...always a big gap. Then one day it just started. I took the entire kit off, reassembled everything, aswell as reseal my downpipe bolts that keep backing out. I replaced all motor mounts. I have replaced the transmission,clutch, & flywheel recently. I found nothing loose or out of the ordinary, aligned my subframe 3 times.............the downpipe doesn't look warped either. I'm just gonna take it all apart & have it rewelded.....my last option!
Old 11-30-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Something got jacked in the accident. Simple as that. The DP will NOT warp easily. It's 304 stainless that is mandrel bent.
Old 11-30-2007
Registered!!

What accident, no accidents here ? Same thought I had on the downpipe material.....I'm stumpoooded......my 100+ years of mechanical experience at my shop can't figure it out either.
Old 11-30-2007
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

Awesome write up man, +1 for you!
Old 11-30-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by bakertime
Awesome write up man, +1 for you!
Thanks man. The fellas at AEM thought so too

http://aempower.com/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=102
Old 12-01-2007
Registered!!

Paul has my dream job
Old 12-03-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by FoSho
Paul has my dream job
All the headaches to go with it.
Old 12-03-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn. Nice write-up Paul. Wish this bad boy was out when I bought my set-up. Oh well.

Need to start learning how to tune this PCS myself here in a couple weeks. Got the concept down, now it's time to start playing with it.
Old 12-10-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Yeah AEM just released a few months ago and it's stellar.
Old 12-11-2007
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light

good thread dezod this is going to help out a lot
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

overrev_it is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah it'll help... but i heard that you cannot use the AEM wideband with the FIC??? is this true??
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

no this isn't true, im using the fic with the aem wideband
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

aha, are you connectng it directley to the FIC to control Open Loop???
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

i dunno .. my shop installed it
Old 12-12-2007
7thgen Power Maker

There is a new software update available on aempower.com to use an AEM UEGO for datalogging and such. So yes it's possible.
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

ow... thx for the info, i remember not too long ago that i read somebody saying something about this in this forum, and since then i guess AEM figured a way around it...

if i would to pick my piggy from all over again... i'll take a FIC for sure, right now i'm upgrading to EMS so...
Old 12-13-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by overrev_it
ow... thx for the info, i remember not too long ago that i read somebody saying something about this in this forum, and since then i guess AEM figured a way around it...

if i would to pick my piggy from all over again... i'll take a FIC for sure, right now i'm upgrading to EMS so...
AEM EMS is well worth the $$ for sure.