Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

k-swappers w/a/c....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
Re: k-swappers w/a/c....

Red and blu/white should connect together and work but it doesn't.

Looks like I may have to make a switch. GAY.

Ran the DTC test and nothing popped up, either.

EDIT: Or maybe find someone who's not using their a/c harness and buy it off of them. hmmmm......

Last edited by kornsined; 06-03-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

oh snap my bad i knew i was going to do something but i forgot what, been busy.. ill go grab my book right quick.
Old 06-03-2007

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

alright im reading right now..... okay, ther blue red(or your "brown color") wire should be connected to the compressor its self... it is the Ac Compressor clutch wire

the other two wire should just loop to each other. (there would be a thermal protector that they both connect to, but since you no longer have a D17 compressor just loop um.) and that should work.. if it doesn't you have a problem else where

the blue/wite and red should loop they would connect to the thermal protector
Old 06-03-2007
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough

By loop do you mean just connect the 2 together?
Old 06-03-2007

yes connect them together
Old 06-04-2007
Registered!!

I tried it yesterday and it never worked. I can try it again.

My car went into limp mode this morning from daughter board communication error. I hope this isn't related to this wiring issue.

This could be another possibility too http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6138
Old 06-04-2007

Daughter board is just a loose ground
Old 06-04-2007
Registered!!

well checked fuses and the 20A fuse and relay is fine. I think I'll change the fuse to a 30A since the RSX one is 30A.
Old 06-05-2007

So whats it doing now?
Old 06-06-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
So whats it doing now?
Man my car is falling apart at the seams.

1. a/c lines connected but wiring is different. tried with different variations and still no luck.
2. Bad tank of gas. Knocking like crazy in boost.
3. Now the car gets daughter board communication error out of the blue.

I haven't tried changing the fuse yet. The a/c is on the back burner now until I get rid of the ECU error. Check battery and alternator and every thing is running great.

I seriously don't know how much of this I can take.
Old 06-06-2007

how you have your k pro set up? got any picks?
Old 06-06-2007
Registered!!

what do you mean setup?

I just took it out and tightened the screws on the kpro board. I had it zip tied under my dash. Could be that I had the USB cable always hooked up and maybe it got pulled on. I hope it's a simple solution.
Old 06-07-2007

well i mean is it just sitting in you glove box? or is it behind it? Im going to suggest you pull it out and open the case and make sure they put the tape in in the case... there should be a piece directly above the USB port to prevent it from grounding out... its a simple fix
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
well i mean is it just sitting in you glove box? or is it behind it? Im going to suggest you pull it out and open the case and make sure they put the tape in in the case... there should be a piece directly above the USB port to prevent it from grounding out... its a simple fix
Yeah it's under the glove box behind the plastic cover that hides the blower and other misc things. Possibility that it could get kicked.

Took it out last night and nothing was loose. Did tighten the screws a half turn on the kpro board. Tape is also installed. I also changed my ground from the IM to the cylinder cover.

Hondata's reply to my post:
Originally Posted by Hondata
Yes, the 7th gen civic is much easier for engine swaps because the wiring is very close to the RSX. Some models have wideband o2 sensors as well.

It sounds like an output or sensor from the ECU is being shorted to either 12V or ground. This then shuts the ECU voltage regulator down and therefore the ECU. However it is odd for this to happen without being vibration induced.

It might pay to pull the lid off the ECU and check the KPro is secure. Don't re-tighten the screws unless they are loose, as they are locktited in. Just check the connectors are making full contact and the screws are not loose.

Otherwise, what error code are you getting? Why was the alternator and battery replaced? (BTW 14.58V sounds high). Could this be related to temperature (electronics often fail with extremes of hot or cold).
My reply:
Originally Posted by kornsined
Checked the ecu and connections. Nothing seemed loose.

The only error code I got was "Daughter board communication error". I did recently (prior to this problem) turn my OBDII on to check for any DTC's and got P1298 and the secondary O2 sensor error. Although I am not running a cat so I figured this was normal.

After I cleared the DTC's and "set readiness".

The reason for changing the alternator was a loose/broken connection on the alternator (power connection to the battery). The battery was replaced since it has died numerous times from various stupid incidents (lights left on, etc.).
Old 06-07-2007

hey can you email me your .kal... iwant to look at it..
glen.r.newell@gmail.com
Old 06-08-2007
Registered!!

I think I may have found the problem with the "daughter board communication error". I checked the fuse box and the a/c condensor relay was loose. I secured it and haven't had the problem come up again.
Old 06-10-2007

okay so ac... working or no?
Old 06-14-2007
this has been an atl01 production..

atl01 will become famous soon enough

update?
Old 06-14-2007
Registered!!

didn't attempt anything again. the car is actually up for sale so I'm not sure if it'll get done.
Old 06-14-2007

up for sale?
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

yes. I'm expecting a baby so I'm thinking about going into a sedan.
Old 06-19-2007
this has been an atl01 production..

atl01 will become famous soon enough

congrats on the baby. I just had a baby girl. Keep your car and tell your wife/girlfriend to get a sedan. You will miss your car. I fought with my a/c last summer and i am still having problems with it.