Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Where would oil leak from?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
Where would oil leak from?

K so I don't know much about turbo's, and someone else did my install(who i cant get a hold of for now)

long story short, i drove my car 3 times since my turbo kit (sf) got installed (no boost for now) and check my oil level and its under the 'low' hole. i checked under the car and theres a little puddle of oil, underbody is covered in oil and oil is being burnt off by my manifold(i think)

so my question is, where would it leak from (i have the dezod bolt on return line package)

could it be either ends of the return/feed line? if so, is it just as simple as tighetening it without having to take anything off? cuz i figured if it was as easy as that, why didnt it get tightened properly the first time

any help appreciated
Old 04-19-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Where would oil leak from?

Absolutely anywhere.
The turbo seals, the oil pan gasket, either side of the drain are the common ones.
Do you have an oil restrictor, did you remove the PCV valve, and is the fitting welded in and does the drain always move in a downward direction?
Is there oil in the charge pipes?
is there oil in the downpipe?
Oil all over the front of the motor?
or just the bottom?
Need some more info.
Old 04-19-2007
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

without reading everything u wrote, i recently had this problem and it drove me nuts! it is probably where that oil sensor is on the back of the block. everytime i would tighten that thing it would come loose again. the problem was i had the oil line with a "T" fitting on there and it would hit theIM before ever tightening up enough to stop it from leaking. i was tightening it a week ago and the damn thing snapped off! it pissed me off sooo bad. so what i did was got an extension with a "an" fitting on it and mounted the sensor and the oil line off the block, much much better. without seeing ur car im going to say that that is what you are haveing a problem with.
Old 04-19-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Thats what I do too. If that T snaps off from vibes while driving bad things happen. Remote mounting the sensor and oil feed are by far the best way to go.
Old 04-19-2007
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough

UPDATE*****

ok when i checked my oil, it looked low, so i put 1 liter, and rechecked like an hr later and i was wayyy over. whiuch means i had checked the oil the first time too soon, which gave me a bad reading.

i checked under the car, i noticed it drips a LOT more when the car is off, when its on, i only noticed it a drop once every 6 secs, with the car off, like 2.5 secs. return line?
Old 04-19-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course your level is going to be high after it settles into the pan, you're supposed to check whats in the pan when the engine has just been shut off after running at operating temp....
Old 04-19-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by karizzle
UPDATE*****

ok when i checked my oil, it looked low, so i put 1 liter, and rechecked like an hr later and i was wayyy over. whiuch means i had checked the oil the first time too soon, which gave me a bad reading.

i checked under the car, i noticed it drips a LOT more when the car is off, when its on, i only noticed it a drop once every 6 secs, with the car off, like 2.5 secs. return line?
Sounds like it. Unwelded fittings ALWAYS leak. Oil is sneaky, it always finds a way out. Car off, I bet the oil level is high enough to reach the bung.
Weld thats bish in.
Old 04-20-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Sounds like it. Unwelded fittings ALWAYS leak. Oil is sneaky, it always finds a way out. Car off, I bet the oil level is high enough to reach the bung.
Weld thats bish in.
Keep in mind that the fitting should be as high on the pan as possible. Mine sits flush against the top lip of the pan.