Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

misfire problem with my turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura about
misfire problem with my turbo

if everyone has been following my progress , im doing better. fixed the the pipe blowing off problem .thanks for everone who helped on that problem.

have another problem. im getting misfire problems under boost.has any one experienced this problem before. narrowed somethings down. its not valve adjustment, its not the timing belt. i have the tsi fuel set up . i have the factory replacment spark plugs. are in good condition. i get a ck engine light for misfire in all cylinder. the ignition coils are fine. if any one has any ideas i thing this is my last and final problem to resolve. thank you .

note: one of the brown wires from the control unit to a injector was getting voltage when not being plugged in. the other brown wire was fine . so i used one ground to both injectors to get my milli sec to read on the control unit and to make my two extra injectors to work correctly in the fuel plate.
has any experinced this problem with the ts fuel kit .. cant wait to ditch this fuel set up .
Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

SpeedFreak is an unknown quantity at this point
could be your AFR i wouldnt trust that tsi piggyback. Innovate Motorsports makes an excellent AFR gauge that can also be combined with the LC-1 wideband controller and DL-32 data logger. I was having serious missfiring issues in the top end and found that my AFR was extremly low.
Old 02-25-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
you need better engine managment. You have that return setup coming, but invest in a better piggy back preferably emanage blue or PCS. As luck would have it lol, I have both harnesses for the emanage blue in my garage, they arent plug and play so you'd have to wire them up yourself. As always pm me.
Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

ST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura about
im at 14.7 at idle and full on throttle in boost 12.5 afr. it does happen when over half throttle. if i stay half throttle im fine over that and to the floor misfire like crazy and back fires. im watching the change by the honda HDS
its a laptop from our dealership. i do have a wide band coming ,it will be here thursday. any other ideas?
Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
Most likely detonation. Dont keep boosting it like that till you get it on a dyno. 11.0-11.5 is my safety margin. 12.5 is too lean for my taste. if you arent retarding the timing and are running those AFRs you are looking at cracked ringlands and melted pistons in the future. It only takes a few moments to destroy a motor so be careful.
Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

SpeedFreak is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^i agree with 02fpcivic def get the wide band, but it would be best to get a data logging system so you can go back and look at your fuel curve compared to boost rpm etc. its the best way to determine wats is going on.
Old 02-27-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XSRCivic
you need better engine managment. You have that return setup coming, but invest in a better piggy back preferably emanage blue or PCS. As luck would have it lol, I have both harnesses for the emanage blue in my garage, they arent plug and play so you'd have to wire them up yourself. As always pm me.
Correct and some tuning. That TSI box is a great paper weight or door stop, but that is about it.
Old 02-27-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
Most likely detonation. Dont keep boosting it like that till you get it on a dyno. 11.0-11.5 is my safety margin. 12.5 is too lean for my taste. if you arent retarding the timing and are running those AFRs you are looking at cracked ringlands and melted pistons in the future. It only takes a few moments to destroy a motor so be careful.
Correct 10000% or your HG can be the next kill on your list. Poor tuning and/or dentonation are cause for about 90% of HG failures IMO.
Old 02-27-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
^ Learned that lesson not to long ago. Didnt let the car warm up(45* morining) cause I was in a hurry to get it to my house and put it on the trailer. My father was following me and I thought Id be a wise *** and let it rip to be a show-off. Felt a little stumble, HG = gone, didnt realize it till I got 3 passes in at the track. 3rd run I had almost a quart of water in the oil. Good thing I was changing the motor this year haha. went from trapping almost 107 to about 102 on the last pass haha. It only takes one push of the pedal to get expensive! PS it still runs fine off boost??? kinda a lil wierd I guess