Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

550whp FTW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006
Skyline R33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guns is an unknown quantity at this point
No track time. On the street it feels like low 12's due to traction. If I could actually stick and get my 60' times around 1.60 based on my hp I should be high10 and low11 area.

Funny this is the same exact problem I had with my turbo 7thgen. The GTO has IRS and even has the dreaded wheel hop.
Old 11-29-2006
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

jwcardy is on a distinguished road
umm looks like i might have to make a trip to houston soon...i wish i could have been there to see you beat srt4s with your boosted civic...
Old 11-29-2006
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
All the old/used to be boosted d17 guys posting again. Next thing you know Madwheel will be posting haha.

-edit-Guns are you still on the stock rear end?

Last edited by MisterFrankieJ; 11-29-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
omg! u got the car with the mods i was planing! awsome car and #'s!
Old 11-29-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
What the crap was the last pic?
Old 11-30-2006
Skyline R33

I am still on stock rear end. The car is built in Australia and there is no swappable parts off of US cars. Someone is working on swapping the Cobra IRS rear end on to the GTO. It would take custom drive shaft, drive axel, etc.. Believe it or not alot of the same issues with a boost 7th gen. There just is not a big market for aftermarket parts. The LSx series motors have a ton of parts to get the hp up, put the rear end is lacking.

I threw up the second pic to upset the tree huggers on here. What is the pic?
Hint: Can you hear me know?
Old 11-30-2006
Skyline R33

Originally Posted by jwcardy
umm looks like i might have to make a trip to houston soon...i wish i could have been there to see you beat srt4s with your boosted civic...
It was a drivers race. But modded SRT4s were killing me. The M3 BMWs were the most fun. Once you are built run down to Houston for some fun. I am sure I can find a few big fat GTOs for you to run.

What happend to Madwheel and Catalyst?
Old 11-30-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by guns
It was a drivers race. But modded SRT4s were killing me. The M3 BMWs were the most fun. Once you are built run down to Houston for some fun. I am sure I can find a few big fat GTOs for you to run.

catalyst is now myrika he just posted a vid of 18psi with a 10.0 afr. he says its about as fast as he was when he was on a stock motor @12-14psi.
Old 11-30-2006
Registered!!

realitycheck is an unknown quantity at this point
That second pic looks like a head and part of the upper torso. Looks like I see a should bone sticking out there. That from a bomb?
Old 11-30-2006
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice
hahahaa that second pic is ****ing awesome!...looks like it used to be a head lol
Old 11-30-2006
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Liking the GTO.. Paint your damn hood though!! your not a rice burner anymore lol.
Glad to see your in love with your GTO. I have an 04 impulse blue GTO as a daily driver, might seen my post on the forums www.ls1gto.com
A good ls7 swap will run you around 17 grand. There are two members with it currently...tons of custom work to the engine bay and everything else! worth it (hell ya)!

]
To all future performance car owners on this forum. You will not find a bigger bang for the buck and nicer interior than the GTO

here is pics from STG meet in cali I attended. This is how GTOs throw car meets

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 11-30-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-30-2006
Skyline R33

It is a carbon fiber banshee hood. It came on the car. I am not the only one on ls1gto.com with the DriftR rims. I am currently saving for methanol, gears, drag radials, mods...Once it is done I will have the spoiler, mirrors, hood repainted back to red and the rest de-riced.

But right now I am not too worried about it. Makes it easier to pic on SRT4s and Hondahs. They love to go after what they think is rice. Realy would you think someone in a car with carbon fiber hood, driftR rims and neons would have 550whp?

Old 11-30-2006
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
I believe Madwheel has a boosted TC now.
Old 12-03-2006

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
It is a carbon fiber banshee hood. It came on the car. I am not the only one on ls1gto.com with the DriftR rims. I am currently saving for methanol, gears, drag radials, mods...Once it is done I will have the spoiler, mirrors, hood repainted back to red and the rest de-riced.

But right now I am not too worried about it. Makes it easier to pic on SRT4s and Hondahs. They love to go after what they think is rice. Realy would you think someone in a car with carbon fiber hood, driftR rims and neons would have 550whp?

get some 3.71 gear ratios and a rip shift for it!!3.91's are too extreme for people with boosted engines.
also heads+cams = 100 crank hp..check SLP for that stuff.
de-ricing sounds like a plan!!
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

speedingslowly will become famous soon enough
thanks for the info on the contacting, if theres any more u know on it pm me, i think im going in to enlist army on winter break.
Old 12-06-2006
Skyline R33

Originally Posted by speedingslowly
thanks for the info on the contacting, if theres any more u know on it pm me, i think im going in to enlist army on winter break.
Enlisting is great. But if you just want the expierence and want to be paid 10X more go on a contract.
Old 12-06-2006
Skyline R33

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
get some 3.71 gear ratios and a rip shift for it!!3.91's are too extreme for people with boosted engines.
also heads+cams = 100 crank hp..check SLP for that stuff.
de-ricing sounds like a plan!!
I have the ausie ripshift. I was thinking the 3.91s do to bad boost lag with the STS kit. The larger gear will spin things up a lot faster. I am even getting tempted to part out and find a used C6. I saw a procharged C6 with head/cam/headers put 711whp on a dyno last saturday. To break 700whp they sprayed the intercooler down with N02 and it jumped from 650 to 711.

The rear end sucks on the GTO. At least you know you can find some meat to put under a corvette.

Last edited by guns; 12-06-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-06-2006
Registered!!

all i got to say is.... I drove a new GTO at work recently, and......holy ****, lets just say im 18 and it was my first time in RWD on the streets, I cant imagine how u drive in a straight line with TTs.
Old 12-06-2006

I have the ausie ripshift. I was thinking the 3.91s do to bad boost lag with the STS kit. The larger gear will spin things up a lot faster. I am even getting tempted to part out and find a used C6. I saw a procharged C6 with head/cam/headers put 711whp on a dyno last saturday. To break 700whp they sprayed the intercooler down with N02 and it jumped from 650 to 711.

The rear end sucks on the GTO. At least you know you can find some meat to put under a corvette.
Yes the rear end does suck on the GTO.. The vette is amazing car and it feels so much lighter!!! I couldnt tell you, have to experience it.
As for the c6, its going up for sale soon! Getting replaced by a yellow c6 z06 2007
Old 12-07-2006
Skyline R33

all i got to say is.... I drove a new GTO at work recently, and......holy ****, lets just say im 18 and it was my first time in RWD on the streets, I cant imagine how u drive in a straight line with TTs.
Just dont mash the gas in first or second gear while turning...
Old 12-08-2006
Registered!!

lol w/e, i might have missed this point, but is there any major differences between monaros and GTOs, that would affect performance????
Old 12-08-2006
Skyline R33

lol w/e, i might have missed this point, but is there any major differences between monaros and GTOs, that would affect performance????
The Monero did not get the LS2. The Holden HSV and Vauxhall VXR got the LS2, better suspension, wheels, gears, shifter and wider body kit. The last year of the VXR even got a Harrop Supercharger. The US market always get the short end. Thanks to all the tree huggers and crash test freaks for fawking it all up for us.

Chevy would never let a family car have a supercharged LS2 to compete against the Corvette.

Last edited by guns; 12-08-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-08-2006
Registered!!

EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough
Not sure that the rice makes that car a sleeper LOL. Not knowing much about the GTO, I would see the hood and assume that it is a 6.0. Right then I would be thinking that I am in a bit over my head, but I would love to give it a go. Then I would get **** on hard core and I would know that it is well beyond a 6.0. Honestly if I did not hear the turbo I would think it was a 6.0 with some crazy NA mods. If we did not race I would think that it was a 6.0 and still a fast car. Unless you left the 5.7 emblem on it I would never guess that it is a 5.7
Old 12-09-2006
Skyline R33

Originally Posted by EMK20a2
Not sure that the rice makes that car a sleeper LOL. Not knowing much about the GTO, I would see the hood and assume that it is a 6.0. Right then I would be thinking that I am in a bit over my head, but I would love to give it a go. Then I would get **** on hard core and I would know that it is well beyond a 6.0. Honestly if I did not hear the turbo I would think it was a 6.0 with some crazy NA mods. If we did not race I would think that it was a 6.0 and still a fast car. Unless you left the 5.7 emblem on it I would never guess that it is a 5.7
It is a sleeper for most. The carbon fiber hood, typeR rims, painted mirrorsspoiler/grill and neons even make v6 Mustangs rev at me. But if it not worth the time I just let off a big Whistle followed by an even bigger Wooosh and they back off. If it is a close race I tell them I was just stock with a cat-back..lol..

But I think I found a buyer for my turbo kit and might get the C6 by christmas. The civic brought me to the Skyline and the GTO is guiding me towards a Corvette... Boost is like crack one try and your hooked...Procharged C6 here I come.

Last edited by guns; 12-09-2006 at 07:32 PM.