Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Project "Ejwone"

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jdm Ej1 Coupe will become famous soon enoughJdm Ej1 Coupe will become famous soon enough
Project "Ejwone"

Hello all This is My build a 93 Civic Ex Coupe! Project "Ejwone" I started this build 2 years ago the pics and Comments all came from my site.

Thanks for viewing!

Ok People I guess it is time to start My second Build, This time I am doing everything right so this will be a slow thought out process. I

will be doing a auto to manual conversion as well as a B18b1 swap into this car. I will also be doing some JDM parts installs and hopefully

if things go well a full suspension install.

This is "EJWONE' a 1993 Civic Ex Coupe

So here He is when Billy owned him.

Here He is on the trailer going home.

Here he is the first and last time for a while on the street with his gurl Elsie!

Now the build begins, here are the before shots

Crossed Drilled and Slotted Rotors came with it but there was this horrible noise when driving sounded like a bad axle, well it ended up

being loose lug nuts and braking system. So I got 4 bad lug studs on the pass front.

I am taking the rotors to work with me tomorrow to resurface them I will then reinstall them on the car and prep it for the motor swap and conversion.

Stay Tuned!

::**UPDATE 29 JULY 06**::

Ok so today I went to work at 7 this morning and I got out at 4 I came home and started to work on the cars.

SO here is how it begins!

93 automatic D16z6

95 Integra 5 Speed B18B1 with exedy racing clutch and tricks to the trans!

The "Technicians"

Messing with something to get this bad boy out!

Chrissy hard at work

My Pops Watching Chrissy work LOL

Now what?

Use the Gun and take off the axle nut

Here is the right hand side wiring and everything but the motor mounts cleared out so it can be pulled

power steering pump disconnected from the motor brackets and everything out of the way getting it cleared so I can just drop it out!

Thats all for now as I am tired and Chrissy is too maybe tomorrow we will work on it some more.

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 30 JULY 06

Ok so I got up this morning and I did not have plans to do anything with the cars today. Chrissy went to church and I was tired and stayed in

bed well I got restless and got up got ready and went out side. I looked at the green coupe over and over again and I looked at what I had

left to do.

It was not much just the drivers side axle and then the motor mounts so I got to it and I got it like this.

Up Up and away!

Rollin to her standby spot

Look Ma its empty

Powered By Dina!

Now to this!!!

More Progress:

drivers side torque mount removed

AC Compressor, condensor, fans and power steering removed

right side all disconnected except for mounts

Zero, Zip, Nada!

Here is the setup as it sits, I want to Thank Chrissy for supporting me and my Dad and Daughter for setting up the tent thingy and getting me

water, the sun has taken its toll on me and has won for today.

So I wont touch the car again until maybe friday or saturday after work.

Stay Tuned!

updated 8 Aug 06

So I worked on the Coupe today! After Work I started to remove the D16z6 from the White EJ1!

The Engine Bay is a little Dirty so I am gonna really Clean it up and Possibly do a Wire Tuck and maybe one or 2 other things.

This is all for Now I have to save up the money to get the Motor Mounts and Pay Billy Back so I dont know when the next Update will be.

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 6 AUG 06

OK I worked on the some of the little things that I can right now as money is tight, and this is just free elbow grease work that I could do.

It not complete but it is a step in the right direction for me.

I am still debating whether or not to do a wire tuck, I dont think the engine bay is cluttered and I dont see the benefits of doing it. I might tuck the harness that is attached to the engine but again not sure yet.

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 13 AUG 06

My boy works for a plating company and he glassbeaded my valve cover so now its ready for paint

Took the pedals out of the White Coupe

Minor wire tuck coming up just need time and maybe some advice

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 30 AUG 06

Ok Update

Pedals are in

Booster and brake master Cylinder is out and getting painted

Clutch slave Cylinder line is in

Cleaned this up but did not get a pic of it cleaned

Test Fitting the JDM Headlights and Corners! :jdm:

Took this Crap out but the camera batteries died so when I get batteries and have time to work on the car then I will take a Pic

My Mount should be here in a few days so stayed tuned as the motor should be in this weekend and maybe I should be able to start it but who

knows I have had something MAJOR Happen in my life and I really dont feel like doing anything I am working on the car because I need a ride

to work so lets see what happens

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 9 SEPT 06

Ok so these were taken with my Phone I just got batteries for my camera yesterday.

GoodBye Automatic Shifter!

This is the Hole that will have to be patched up since the manual car does not use it I will make a plate and weld it in.

Ok so I took off my knuckles so I can take them to work and replace the bad ball joints and replace the lug studs that are damaged.

Bad Ball Joints!

I also removed the power steering Rack as it was leaking and its so much easier to do it with the motor out! I will install the rack from the

green coupe and install new outer and inner tie rod ends

And took these off in preperation for something better

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 12 DEC 06

Ok so I have not been able to work on the car due to personal issues then after they were resolved I could not work on it due to lack of money and lack of parts so here is "EJWone" as it sits right now these pics are kind of depressing and I will let them tell the story.

As of now I am unsure when I will be able to work on it and get it running parts that are needed are missing and money is tight right now. So it might sit like this for a while!!

No upper control arms yet :frown:

Notice the battery tray painted Frost white!

Sanded out the Scratches and painted the rail.

Brake Booster painted and Master Cylinder installed!

FROST on my JDM headlights and corners

My B Series covered up and needing love!:frown:

Automatic shifter hole plate made and welded still need to finish welding it!

Rear Drums with no rear lower control arms or rear Uppers! Rear Disc here we come!

This is the last shot before I tarped it up for the winter!

Stay Tuned!

Here he is all tarped up and waiting patiently till the time when I have money to get it going again!

UPDATED: 22 Feb 07

Hey is a teaser for the Fans!

Hopefully the weather and the money will get better soon so I can make more updates!

UPDATED 1 MARCH 07

Something new came in today!

Stay tuned!

UPDATED 2 MARCH 07
This is probally the last part I buy for awhile.

Stay tuned!

UPDATED 21 APRIL 07
Ok so today was my first weekend off at work and the first beautiful day in along time weather wise! So I decided to work on "EJWone" and make some progress towards getting him on the road!

Here is my trusty Winter beater helping out "EJWone"! Whats that in the Bed of the Truck Reppin the Coupe Council?

Ok so everyone knows what the trailing arms look like with drums

This is what it looks like with out the drum and brake shoe's and the rear bearings on!

This E-Brake cable will never be used again on this Coupe! Man is this a bitch to get out in one piece so I used a die grinder and cut it off!

I disconnected the brake hose here since they won't need to be used any more either!

Here He is with absolutely no rear suspension trailing arms are OUT!

This is what will go on now! PIC FTW! OEM Bolts FTW!!

4 of these will be needed 2 for each side!

2 of these for the rear shocks!

Bam here it is!

PIC FTW is all I got to say!

Thanks to Lionel for the help here!

Working it!

Achieved!

Getting the Integra Rear Trailing arms ready to mount!

Here I am mounting it up!

Like a Glove!!!

Damn that **** is Dropped!

On to the Front I am burning daylight now!

Damn that Bronze and red look good together!

Spindle on and Now just awaiting the front lower forks!

Shot with the front lifted up and the rear on the ground! SO SEXY!!!

So I had to Lower the front just to see what it would look like at this height and being level!

Thats all for now expect more updates tomorrow again!
Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 22 APRIL 07

So today I figured I would finish the front suspension and start my wire tuck!

So since I have big fat hands I had my Girl do the wire tuck! Nothing was cut I depinned the connectors one by one and ran them thru the hole under the fuse box!

So here he is on his own suspension and its own wheels

So this is how he looks right now due to the rain coming this week!

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED MAY 2007

OK so we moved to a different town close to were we lived I have moved the car here so I can work on it more.

Here it is at the new place!

July 2007

So I got some motivation and I installed my alarm and put the dash back in the alarm is not in the normal place it would be after it was installed professionally. I wont show pics of where it is due to the fact that I dont want the car stolen. I installed the JDM EJ1 Cluster and other JDM Dash pieces I have had.

Ok so I want to Thank Mr90Civic for helping get the interior cleaned up he did a hell of a job! I would also like to thank my son for helping with the interior install as well as my daughters!

I also would like to thank SUJA-1 For everything they have done for me most of my parts have come from them! Jason your the man!

Technafit Brake lines for a Ej with DC rear trailing arms!!

I also got OEM 95 Civic EJ1 with rear abs e brake cables they bolted right up to the Integra trailing arms and the chassis of my EJ1!

Thanks to 2Coupes for this info on the steering wheel and parts!

These are my Fat Fives! They were painted black when I got them I have only been able to finish one of them due to the fact that I have been really busy with the Wedding plans and workin my tail off at work for the wedding!

This is all for now! I am getting Married next Friday to Chrissy and the car will have to wait! I hope to be able to drive it this year!
STAY TUNED

Updated 29 Oct 07

Recent pic of my "EjWone" still working on it when ever I can!

Updated 10 Feb 08

ok not too many updates except that the motor is now a short block in my basement and some serious engine plans are now in the works! I dont think it will be done this year but who knows!

broken bolt thats gonna be a pain to fix!!

just a mess

head

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 12 MARCH 08

Ok so yesterday I pulled the dash back out so I can install the manual main wiring harness to make my auto to manual easier for me.

Now I need to get the gaskets for the airbox cause I am so **** about this kind of things.

Today Fred and Lionel helped me take the Short block to the machine shop. I will prob get it back in about 2 weeks having it cleaned and inspected and doing some other things to it for the build I am doing now!

Be ready for some updates here soon again!
STAY TUNED

UPDATED 13 MARCH 08
Here's a piece of the puzzle

STAY TUNED

UPDATED 16 MARCH 08

Recent parts bought.

The wheels

Paint Stripper applied to start the process of fixing them how I want them!

after stripped and after I started to remove some light curb rash

Installed the main wiring harness to a manual one!

How He still stands!

STAY TUNED

bump for this updated first post check out the progress or lack there of!

UPDATED 19 MARCH 2008

Got these in today!

STAY TUNED

UPDATED 21 MARCH 08

Ok here it is!

My plan as some of you may know is to go LS/Vtec! I have a 95 GSR head I purchased from Ryan aka 2Coupes! Thanks brotha for a great deal!

I bought a Vtec DOHC valve cover from a guy on HT.

So Now I am slowed down to making this work because of the money it will take to get the block done.

I owe the machine shop

345.00 for the work they have done plus new main bearings and connecting rod bearings

They want 200.00 more to bore the block 0.25 and rehone it
The GSR Pistons will cost me 226.96

That totals out to 771.96

I still need:
  • GSR intake manifold
  • OBD1 DOHC Vtec Distributor
  • GSR Timing belt
  • GSR water Pump
  • Cometic Head gasket
  • ARP Head Studs
  • Throttle Body
  • Map sensor
  • Cam seals
  • Oil Pan gasket
  • Crank seal
  • Intake manifold gasket
  • Valve cover gasket
  • Windshield
So now you all see what I am doing and why I dont think the car will be out now until 2009 or 2010.

Unless I can find all these parts at a really great price or deal I dont see it done.:frown:

Updated 04 June 08

I got some cash recently from some parts I had here that I sold. So I am off from work today and instead of keeping the money and spending it on other things I headed straight to the machine shop and Dropped off 300 bucks to them I ended taking my crank my connecting rods with new bearings and the rest of the parts that were removed from the block here are the pics!

Stay Tuned!

Updated 07 June 08
As promised here are the pics of the parts I have been accumulating

Thanks to Naman AKA Adam for these parts!
GSR Intake Manifold

So I decieded that I dont want the butterflies in the manifold

Finished Product!

GSR T-belt Thanks again Adam!

B16 Valve Cover Gasket Thanks to CTB16 AKA Manny

My Ls/Vtec Conversion

My Password JDM Intake Manifold Gasket

My GSR/B16 Valve Cover

Now some misc parts

Stay Tuned

UPDATED 2 JULY 08

So today I am off from work and this is what I did!

Block back home with me!

LS Rods on GSR Pistons had to get the small end of the rods machined to fit the pistons.

Painted the Block Bronze just my choice!

Installed the Water Pump!

Stay Tuned

UPDATED 14 JULY 08

Ok so I finally got time to install the oil pump

Installed the new rear main seal on the right side plate or what ever this is called

Windage tray and oil pick up installed still awaiting some parts to come in at work

Stay Tuned

UPDATED 19 JULY 08

So on the 16th of July it was Officially 2 years and the Coupe is still not on the road! I wanted to get the engine done by the end of this month but certain things happened that I can not be sure and I really doubt It will be done this month.

Small update I had the Head at work and I removed the valve seals and cleaned up the valves the Exhaust valves were very dirty I also with the help of a Co worker Mike aka wantacoupe Lapped all the valves so they would seat really well with the head.

These pics were taken with my cell phone from work and just at the end of installing everything as I was only able to work on this while I had no work at work

Intake valve seals installed and Valves back in

Exhaust valve seals installed and Valves back in

Stay Tuned

Last edited by Jdm Ej1 Coupe; 07-20-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-19-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Project "Ejwone"

Wow this is really something. It's obvious that you're putting a lot of work into this ride. I'm interested in seeing you build it as time goes on. It's threads like these that really remind me how little I know about cars. Nice work so far.
Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

Nice build man! Maybe I missed it, but did you have the LS rods shot-peened? Would be a good idea if not, as they're going to be a weak point.
Old 07-19-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

subscribed, you know your stuff buddy, I hope I can be as confident as you to do something like this some day.
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

Jdm Ej1 Coupe will become famous soon enoughJdm Ej1 Coupe will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bakertime
Nice build man! Maybe I missed it, but did you have the LS rods shot-peened? Would be a good idea if not, as they're going to be a weak point.
Yeah they were shot peened and balanced as well as the pistons were balanced block was bored over .25 with .25 GSR pistons
Old 07-20-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy **** dude. Couple things that struck me about this build.

1. You've been a member since '05 and have 4 posts. They are all in this thread.

2. You have dedication and commitment. Over 2 years on the same non-running shell and you're still at it. Most folks would have parted everything out and moved on already.

Looking really good though. In for updates from here on out!
Old 07-20-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

If your replacing the valves, you should replace the valve guides too. Your build is very cool though, it will def be a very nice JDM ride. And yes, that guy did an amazing job on cleaning the interior up- it looks brand new.
Old 07-20-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

ohhhhh man........i looooooooooooove pixtures!
Old 07-20-2008
Premium Member

icedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really nice

omg....this is dedication. subscribed for updates. good work so far.
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Holy **** dude. Couple things that struck me about this build.

1. You've been a member since '05 and have 4 posts. They are all in this thread.

2. You have dedication and commitment. Over 2 years on the same non-running shell and you're still at it. Most folks would have parted everything out and moved on already.

Looking really good though. In for updates from here on out!
Yeah I have been a member since 05 but because I have my own site now its hard for me to maintain that site and post on other sites I lurk alot and read alot of info posted.

I can say that I have thought of giving up on this but not for lack of love its been due to lack of cash flow and motivation. its been a really trying process and I can say I have learned alot more from this than from working for Honda as technician.
Originally Posted by TRIZ
If your replacing the valves, you should replace the valve guides too. Your build is very cool though, it will def be a very nice JDM ride. And yes, that guy did an amazing job on cleaning the interior up- it looks brand new.
I didnt replace the valves just cleaned up the valves that came with the head and lapped them to have a better fit.

Thanks for the compliments people I will post up more updated when I have them!
Old 07-21-2008
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

Great work, I will be follwoing this build.
Old 07-24-2010
Registered!!

Updated 3 Sept 08

So this is my progress so far!
Name:  MyMotorbuild062.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  72.4 KB

Name:  MyMotorbuild065.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  77.1 KB

Name:  MyMotorbuild071.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  85.4 KB

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 07 NOV 08

A lil update.
Chrissy got me a Early Christmas Present cause she thought the oem manifold was too rusted and ugly to have on this motor since we have put so much time and money into it.

Name:  Photo_100608_011.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  66.7 KB

Whats this?
Name:  MyMotorbuild072.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  66.4 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild073.jpg
Size:  68.2 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild074.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  79.2 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild075.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  102.4 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild076.jpg
Size:  103.2 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild079.jpg
Size:  84.0 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild082.jpg
Size:  73.4 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild084.jpg
Size:  91.3 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild085.jpg
Size:  90.9 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild086.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  60.5 KB

To This!
Name:  MyMotorbuild088.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  74.9 KB

This is one of my Favorite shots of my Motor so far!
Name:  MyMotorbuild090.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  87.3 KB

The Motor almost done!
Name:  MyMotorbuild092.jpg
Size:  80.7 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild093.jpg
Size:  90.8 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild094.jpg
Size:  93.1 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild095.jpg
Size:  92.8 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild099.jpg
Size:  91.7 KB

STAY TUNED

Updated 18 Nov 08

minor update found a few more pics I forgot to upload
ARP Head studs Oem Head Gasket
Name:  MyMotorbuild122.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  80.3 KB
Vtec Head installed
Name:  MyMotorbuild123.jpg
Size:  79.4 KB
Another Shot of Glory
Name:  MyMotorbuild124.jpg
Size:  78.3 KB

Ok so I cleaned up the Alt the brackets and painted them
Name:  MyMotorbuild104.jpg
Size:  80.0 KB

cleaned up the fuel rail and oem regulator
Name:  MyMotorbuild105.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  85.6 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild107.jpg
Size:  87.9 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild108.jpg
Size:  77.5 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild106.jpg
Size:  77.1 KB

Installed my New OEM Coil
Name:  MyMotorbuild109.jpg
Size:  92.4 KB

Now just awaiting the arrival of the Timing covers and the engine will be done!

Stay Tuned

Updated 25 Nov 08
So today when I got home for work I found a box on my steps. Jason aka JLCoolman from jdmcivic.com hooked me up with this! For sure one of the best people I have ever met online! THANKS JASON!

Here it is!
Name:  MyMotorbuild135.jpg
Size:  72.1 KB

Baby Ejay Helping to open it!
Name:  MyMotorbuild137.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  57.9 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild138.jpg
Size:  57.4 KB

Chrissy and Ejay!
Name:  MyMotorbuild141.jpg
Size:  85.4 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild142.jpg
Size:  39.4 KB

One more!
Name:  MyMotorbuild143.jpg
Size:  90.1 KB

Tada!
Name:  MyMotorbuild144.jpg
Size:  89.7 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild145.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  91.2 KB

"Hmmm This looks interesting what is it?"
Name:  MyMotorbuild146.jpg
Size:  82.0 KB

BDL Throttle Body 70mm FTW!!!
Name:  MyMotorbuild150.jpg
Size:  74.8 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild147.jpg
Size:  55.3 KB

Standard sized shot glass!
Name:  MyMotorbuild148.jpg
Size:  64.2 KB

Edelbrock Victor X
Name:  MyMotorbuild151.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  89.9 KB

Test Fit!
Name:  MyMotorbuild157.jpg
Size:  74.1 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild158.jpg
Size:  88.8 KB

Monstrous!
Name:  MyMotorbuild159.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  67.9 KB

Viewing clearances!
Name:  MyMotorbuild161.jpg
Size:  82.2 KB

Some more test fitting!
Name:  MyMotorbuild162.jpg
Size:  78.7 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild165.jpg
Size:  93.2 KB

My Timing covers arrived on Friday! rear gasket and upper timing bolts arrived today!

Installed!
Name:  MyMotorbuild166.jpg
Size:  88.9 KB
Name:  MyMotorbuild167.jpg
Size:  84.7 KB

My new Favorite Shot so far!
Name:  MyMotorbuild168.jpg
Size:  83.4 KB

Thanks again to Jason I could not have gotten this close without your help!

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 26 April 09
Ok so Chrissy and I are almost done moving one of the most Major things we had to get moved!

Here is our Pilot Towing "Ejwone"
Name:  Ejwone602.jpg
Size:  105.4 KB

Name:  Ejwone601.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  84.7 KB

Thanks to Steve and Chrissy for helping me push it on the trailer and off of it!
Stay Tuned

UPDATED 10 MAY 09

OK So today I was able to work in the garage and get it some what organized I still dont have electricity in there so until I get some extension cords or get an electrician to help me out I wont work on the coupe.

Here are some pics of the Coupe in the garage and some shots of the engine installed. The power windows are not working and the fuel pump is not working I think I missed connecting some plugs when I did the wiring harness I have to pull the dash yet again!

Name:  Ejwone603.jpg
Size:  103.8 KB
Name:  Ejwone604.jpg
Size:  115.4 KB
Name:  Ejwone605.jpg
Size:  123.6 KB
Name:  Ejwone606.jpg
Size:  138.5 KB
Name:  Ejwone607.jpg
Size:  151.2 KB
Name:  Ejwone608.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  139.8 KB
Name:  Ejwone609.jpg
Size:  119.6 KB
Name:  Ejwone610.jpg
Size:  136.4 KB
Name:  Ejwone611.jpg
Size:  101.0 KB
Name:  Ejwone614.jpg
Size:  105.4 KB

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 30 AUG 09

So this morning me and the Family headed out to Church I never work on cars on Sunday as this is a day for me to rest and relax since I work at a Honda Dealership as a Tech and I work every other Saturday. While at Church Lionel called me and I had to ignore the call due to being in church.

Long story short I called Lionel when I got home he said he was gonna come over to help me with the coupe. I told Chrissy and she said but its Sunday you never work on the car. I said ok.

He showed up and we went to the garage my coupe didnt have a tranny in it cause I sold it to Jeff. Here are the pics

Name:  MyMotorBuild188.jpg
Size:  125.7 KB
Name:  MyMotorBuild190.jpg
Size:  101.8 KB
Name:  MyMotorBuild194.jpg
Size:  107.7 KB
Name:  MyMotorBuild197.jpg
Size:  97.3 KB
Name:  MyMotorBuild201.jpg
Size:  72.5 KB

Stay Tuned

Vid and Pics
OK here they are video was taken by y son Junior who is 9 years old sorry so shaky.

View My Video

Name:  Ejwone474.jpg
Size:  124.9 KB
Name:  Ejwone480-1.jpg
Size:  76.8 KB
Name:  Ejwone481.jpg
Size:  69.9 KB

I LOVE LSD
Name:  Ejwone490-1.jpg
Size:  76.8 KB

I still have a oil leak from the Mfactory sandwich plate i have to remove it and see what it is.

Stay Tuned

UPDATED 24 JAN 2010
So today I went to the garage and pulled EjWone out (towed strap attached to the Pilot) and hooked up the jumper cables from my S10 (aka Lil Green) to the battery in EjWone waited about 20 minutes to let it charge it up and I started him up! Let it run for about 1 hour and added 2.3 Gallons of 93 octane fuel from Pride. Let it run for about 30 more minutes and cleaned the garage once again. Then put him back in.

Pic of EjWone outside the Garage.

Name:  Ejwone493-1.jpg
Size:  96.0 KB

STAY TUNED

UPDATED 27 JAN 2010
So today I got some bad news from the Engine uch:! Not gonna post it but I can say EjWone will not be out this year! :sadwavey:

STAY TUNED

Updated 31 Jan 2010

At 10:26 AM on 27 Jan 2010

I Did cylinder compression test and found cylinder 1 to have 200 psi cylinder 2 to have 190 psi cylinder 3 to have 225 psi and cylinder 4 to have 225 psi

I then Did cylinder leak down test and found cylinder 1 to have 25% leak cylinder 2 to have 9% leak cylinders 3 and 4 were at 0%

I believe after talking with Jason from Suja1, Lionel and some people at work that I have a Valve that is not sealing properly, a burnt valve, a worn valve guide, or a combination of all of that.

For that reason EjWone will not come out this year and I am contemplating whether or not I should continue this build or give up all together! Its really slow at work and I work by the job not the hour I have not made more than 33 hours in the last 3 weeks. Chrissy has been there for me from the get go and we have recently bought her a car as her project car. We have the Pilot and the S10 as daily drivers.

I priced out the valve, springs, retainers and the machine shop job for the head. It totaled out to more than 850 dollars. So as of now EjWone is on the back burner again until I figure out what I will do with it! :sad:

STAY TUNED

UPDATED 01 FEB 2010 {Small update}

Name:  Ejwone494-1.jpg
Size:  100.0 KB
Name:  Ejwone495-1.jpg
Size:  100.8 KB
Name:  Ejwone496-1.jpg
Size:  98.3 KB
Name:  Ejwone497-1.jpg
Size:  98.3 KB
Name:  Ejwone498-1.jpg
Size:  89.8 KB
Name:  Ejwone501-1.jpg
Size:  114.7 KB
Name:  Ejwone502-1.jpg
Size:  95.0 KB
Name:  Ejwone503-1.jpg
Size:  79.8 KB
Name:  Ejwone504-1.jpg
Size:  105.9 KB
Name:  Ejwone505-1.jpg
Size:  68.9 KB
Name:  Ejwone506-1.jpg
Size:  61.1 KB
Name:  Ejwone508-1.jpg
Size:  90.4 KB

Stay Tuned!

Just a quick question what do you guys think of this? They are not mine I wanted them but someone that was close to me got them so now I dont want them I mounted the tires on them and tried them on the EjWone

Name:  272a18bc.jpg
Size:  91.5 KB

UPDATED 07 MARCH 10

So due to the bad compression results in cylinder 1 and 2 as well as the bad leak down results in the same cylinder I removed the head yesterday. I have a set of used gsr valves springs and retainers I got from a buddy at work who is building a turbo gsr motor for his Ej1. So now I dont know if I should change just the valves in the old head or transfer it all over to the new head.

Name:  c431f3b4.jpg
Size:  109.4 KB
Name:  3add4576.jpg
Size:  94.2 KB
Name:  c8822a4c.jpg
Size:  93.2 KB
Name:  860707b6.jpg
Size:  82.3 KB
Name:  d1b17d26.jpg
Size:  76.6 KB
Name:  8f805334.jpg
Size:  73.2 KB
Name:  8ce1e05c.jpg
Size:  70.2 KB

STAY TUNED

UPDATED 08 MARCH 2010
Well just checked on the motor in the coupe and found out that the top of the cylinders are scored up and down feels like its grooved with my finger nail! I will post a pic asap and I am upset so I know for a fact EjWone will not roll out this year!

STAY TUNED

UPDATED 09 MARCH 2010

SO here are the pics i dont know what i am gonna do now!

Name:  2f84ea7c.jpg
Size:  53.0 KB

Name:  444e42bb.jpg
Size:  53.5 KB

Name:  baffe3fe.jpg
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  a122c689.jpg
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  c0ed9485.jpg
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  05dd19e3.jpg
Size:  75.3 KB

Name:  d253b03c.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  75.8 KB

Name:  72b83697.jpg
Size:  110.4 KB

Name:  5fb6d03d.jpg
Size:  80.0 KB

STAY TUNED

UPDATED 11 MARCH 2010

Just a minor update today I took the Block I am building now to work and stripped it of all the parts it had in it in order to take it to the first machine shop who is going to inspect the cylinders for me and I know they will be good enough just to hone and install the pistons and rods I am picking up from Adam aka Naman. With Chrissy's Help I am hoping to get it done within a month! I will transfer alot of the new parts I have on my ls block over to the GS-R block!

I will be building a GS-R for my EjWone!

STAY TUNED

UPDATED 14 MARCH 2010
SO the GS-R Block is at the machine shop all is good!

Cost of Inspection of block $10.00
Cost of Cleaning the block $50.00
Cost of Honing the block $25.00

EjWone Rollin in the Summer of 2010 PRICELESS!

STAY TUNED

UPDATED 03 APRIL 2010
Ok Here it is what I know so far went to the machine shop and spoke with the owner.First off best place around here owner is the man! So the block needs to be bored out so its gonna get bored over to 81.50mm with topline pistons supertech rings and all the work including the pistons from the machine shop will be only 400 ordered the supertech rings because I heard bad things about the topline piston rings I will be updating this as soon as I get more info

Stay Tuned

UPDATED 13 APRIL 2010
So I have been trying to do a full wire tuck for a while and since i pulled the engine out and am awaiting my GS-R I figured now would be a good time. Here are some of the pics from the start to now. Thanks go out to Chrissy and Brandon as they are helping me out a lot with this

Name:  467f043b.jpg
Size:  77.8 KB

Name:  014e15f2.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  124.3 KB
Name:  fa0783f8.jpg
Size:  120.4 KB
Name:  4b6efc3e.jpg
Size:  79.6 KB
Name:  d111f9ff.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  82.5 KB
Name:  bd1e9fea.jpg
Size:  97.7 KB
Name:  e477c85e.jpg
Size:  99.0 KB
Name:  aaa4038f.jpg
Size:  79.9 KB
Name:  73f29daa.jpg
Size:  90.3 KB
Name:  23803460.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  92.6 KB
Name:  fced1c4c.jpg
Size:  98.2 KB
Name:  95898407.jpg
Size:  89.6 KB
Name:  76664e6b.jpg
Size:  100.5 KB
Name:  9c052424.jpg
Size:  80.7 KB
Name:  89826bbf.jpg
Size:  70.5 KB
Name:  79980aca.jpg
Size:  83.8 KB
Name:  10f4bae0.jpg
Size:  124.2 KB

not finished yet and I have to also loom it! Soon will be complete. I now know why they charge so much to do this!

STAY TUNED

UPDATED 17 APRIL 2010

So I didnt like how my wire tuck was coming so I worked on it today! made a lot of changes and now it gonna get sent out to be sleeved

Name:  1312b9dc.jpg
Size:  99.2 KB
Name:  c6fbebfa.jpg
Size:  101.7 KB
Name:  0d8d6c4d.jpg
Size:  63.5 KB
Name:  5de28dee.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  84.5 KB
Name:  47d633b1.jpg
Size:  106.6 KB
Name:  266182fc.jpg
Size:  107.2 KB
Name:  7ef3831c.jpg
Size:  105.1 KB
Name:  64b1fc5a.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  112.1 KB
Name:  cdea5be8.jpg
Size:  110.7 KB

Tomorrow gonna work on pulling in the main harness and making the hole out the firewall

Stay Tuned

UPDATED 24 MAY 2010
So today I started my Vacation from work I had planned to have the motor out the machine shop by now and have everything I needed to get the car rolling by the end of the week! As luck would have it I can not do it due to financial issues. Its been slow at work lately and My bills are not up to date as of now! Last week I got a call from the machine shop and was asked to call them back and touch base on them with what is going on! So I called them back and was told that I need to bring in the connecting rods so that they can install the pistons on them. I said ok that I would take them Today because I was gonna be out of work for the week.

So today about 930am I went to the garage and got my used pistons and connecting rods. I grabbed the SuperTech Piston rings I had bought because I heard bad things about the Top Line piston rings but the pistons were good as OEM as I read online everywhere. I also grabbed my crank as I asked the Machinist to check it and polish it for me. Hopped in my S10 and drove to the Machine shop which is like 10 min from my house. Got there and looked at my pistons and was in AWE! Top Line Pistons are Identical to OEM only bigger to meet peoples needs. Gave him the parts I had and he said to me "You wanna take the block with you"? I said well I dont have any money for you today and he said you already gave me 100 right? Take the block as I need space in my shop. I was stunned! He said I will mount the pistons on the rods and check balance and polish your crank. I will give you a call when its all set.

This is what happened.
GS-R Block bored .50 over and honed inspected and cleaned. In the S10 on the way home!
Name:  utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjIuanBn.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  58.4 KB

This is how it looked when I got it on the engine stand.
Name:  77fe9138.jpg
Size:  56.4 KB
Name:  41deae7c.jpg
Size:  43.8 KB
Name:  623e3a18.jpg
Size:  58.9 KB

After a Few attempts with wire bushes
Name:  f7051b05.jpg
Size:  53.4 KB
Name:  8d9d53d8.jpg
Size:  35.5 KB
Name:  0ac9250d.jpg
Size:  60.0 KB
Name:  6a5fc4cd.jpg
Size:  72.2 KB
Name:  fe7866a0.jpg
Size:  40.0 KB
Etch Primed
Name:  724bf7b8.jpg
Size:  46.2 KB
Name:  3069a1ca.jpg
Size:  44.5 KB
Name:  d206c23c.jpg
Size:  42.9 KB
High Heat Aluminum painted
Name:  9d348102.jpg
Size:  60.5 KB
Name:  2f97ca66.jpg
Size:  58.8 KB
Name:  4622a2a6.jpg
Size:  58.7 KB
Name:  1c720267.jpg
Size:  56.2 KB
Name:  1544140c.jpg
Size:  60.0 KB
Water pump, tensioner, and oil pump mocked up
Name:  d1b54115.jpg
Size:  46.4 KB
Name:  3b0e8a95.jpg
Size:  41.8 KB
Name:  ca8a3cd8.jpg
Size:  47.3 KB

I hope I can come up with what I still owe the machine shop so I can get even more motivated!

Stay tuned

UPDATED 20 JUNE 2010
Went out today and took the dash out and the hvac stuff drilled a 2 1/2 hole for my engine harness to go inside the cabin with a EK harness plug I will post pics soon as my camera was dead.
Stay Tuned!
Old 07-24-2010
Registered!!

UPDATED 24 JULY 2010
I have a few more updates to post up but have to take pictures its been 4 years on the 16th of July 2010 since I first bought the car! I will never give up and I will keep making the car what I want it to be and how I want it no matter how long it takes!

Thanks

Stay Tuned!
Old 07-26-2010
Registered!!

UPDATED 26 JULY 2010
Here are the pics of the updates

I bought a 2 1/2 in hole saw and made the hole for the wire tuck
Interior shot
Name:  6aa07797.jpg
Size:  21.9 KB

engine bay shot
Name:  50d30833.jpg
Size:  25.0 KB

Got My Pistons out of the Machine shop!
USDM ITR Pistons 81.50mm
Name:  1e316e94.jpg
Size:  49.2 KB
Name:  59cba660.jpg
Size:  35.9 KB
Name:  5999659b.jpg
Size:  46.3 KB
Name:  e69b290e.jpg
Size:  24.1 KB
Name:  3869a477.jpg
Size:  35.6 KB
Name:  931d3a01.jpg
Size:  41.8 KB

Stay Tuned!
Old 07-26-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Damn, that's tight!

Subscribed.
Old 07-27-2010
Registered!!

Thanks making some more progress this week if all goes well
Old 07-28-2010
Registered!!

bluestreak14 is an unknown quantity at this point

i opened up this thread at 1:30 a.m. and i just couldnt exit off of it. i cant wait to see the progress your going to make on this car, awesome job! you sure are putting alot of work into this, i can tell it really means alot to you. keep it up
Old 07-29-2010
Registered!!

hindude will become famous soon enough

WOW i have always wanted to see what goes into a complete build. Thanks! I learned a lot from your pictures. I feel like this is a movie and the civic is the hero. really, as I was reading through, it had a great plot with the engine problems and the possibility of it not being finished in 2010.

Anyways, I need to know what happens to Ejwone. Put 'em together and get 'em going. Keep it up! and Good Luck!

btw, I wasn't really feeling those wheels you were trying on.
Old 07-31-2010
Registered!!

Thanks Glad i could help! Yea the wheels were a set i wanted but some one else got them and i tried them didn't like how they fit or looked. I hope to have more updates soon.
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

UPDATED 28 SEPT 2010

No real update since I got let go from work the 10th of this month and I have been working on Chrissy's Del Sol since we turned in the Pilot on the 20th of this month. Here are a few shots I just took of EjWone in its current state.
Name:  e03a3297.jpg
Size:  100.3 KB
Name:  ad988c58.jpg
Size:  110.0 KB
Name:  77d1350a.jpg
Size:  89.7 KB

STAY TUNED!
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

UPDATED Jan 2011
Got these from a friend on a crazy deal!

Name:  IMAG0073.jpg
Size:  54.4 KB
Name:  IMAG0071.jpg
Size:  64.7 KB
Name:  IMAG0070.jpg
Size:  34.9 KB

Stay Tuned

Updated 8 April 2011

So here are the latest pics of the some of the things I have gotten for the car. I am trying to get it on the road by end of April hopefully it will happen I am trying to make it to as may autocross and circuit races as possible.

Got this 1" master from an Integra that was smashed and given to me
Name:  719f7160.jpg
Size:  50.0 KB
My Dining room!
Name:  c1bcd028.jpg
Size:  45.1 KB
Black Friday 2010 parts woo hoo
Name:  65ff709e.jpg
Size:  52.1 KB
Name:  b79561f9.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  44.2 KB
Name:  3c5718fe.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  61.1 KB
Name:  d25c06df.jpg
Size:  53.4 KB
Name:  1dcca493.jpg
Size:  71.7 KB
Name:  0528e213.jpg
Size:  44.0 KB
Name:  9c39e605.jpg
Size:  48.5 KB
Name:  a8a556a9.jpg
Size:  64.5 KB
Name:  37f4aae1.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  83.7 KB
Name:  acfd6631.jpg
Size:  74.0 KB
Name:  acfd6631.jpg
Size:  74.0 KB
Name:  8dd3bba5.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  83.0 KB
Name:  1cfa2206.jpg
Size:  91.5 KB
Name:  8c5c2b65.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  65.7 KB
Assembling Engine in my Living room!
Name:  47514a1a.jpg
Size:  59.3 KB
Name:  3ea2b492.jpg
Size:  67.1 KB
Name:  a83b60aa.jpg
Size:  53.8 KB

Head on Dining room table
Name:  475cf0ea.jpg
Size:  74.2 KB
STAY TUNED
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
acfd6631.jpg (74.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

UPDATED 11 April 2011

I sent the head to the machine shop cause I didnt want to do the work to it. Well after about 7 business days the head was still there cause the skunk2 retainers were making the OEM Keepers sit too low so they installed the OEM retainers but I had 3 of them still at home so I pick it up from them (Great shop by the way Springfield Auto Machine last know as Springfield Crankshaft, Tell Them Edwin sent ya if you use them).

So I picked it up and with the Help of Chrissy my wife, Illyana my oldest Daughter and Kenny one of my Best Friends we got the head together.
Name:  IMAG0407.jpg
Size:  86.1 KB
Name:  IMAG0405.jpg
Size:  53.8 KB
Name:  IMAG0404.jpg
Size:  76.7 KB

Installed the ARP GS-R head studs
Name:  IMAG0410.jpg
Size:  45.4 KB
Name:  IMAG0412.jpg
Size:  61.9 KB

OEM JDM EJ1 VIN Tag and Key
Name:  IMAG0408.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  48.6 KB

My birthday is coming up so I hope to get some parts for the car. But what I really want is a HJC AR-10 II Fullface helmet from soloracer.com

STAY TUNED
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

Small Update 29 April 11
EjWone out of Garage for first time in 2011 due to the garage door being replaced Tomorrow. Gonna clean up the garage really well and organize it Hope the Corvette leaves the garage tomorrow and I have it all to myself finally!
Name:  439b1997.jpg
Size:  86.8 KB
Old 04-29-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Looking good, I really like the JDM key and Vin tag, that's not a detail many people pay attention too. Really nice touch!
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

PacosTacos88 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's sick dude...

I'd love to have the know-how to do a project like this.
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Looking good, I really like the JDM key and Vin tag, that's not a detail many people pay attention too. Really nice touch!
Thanks been along time looking for this Now just got to get the locks and ignition switch coded to this key
Originally Posted by PacosTacos88
That's sick dude...

I'd love to have the know-how to do a project like this.
read along its pretty much a how to lol one word of advice make sure you research the machine shops so the issues I came across dont happen to anyone!
Old 04-30-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

man this is such a good thread
Old 05-01-2011
Registered!!

UPDATED 1 MAY 2011

Yesterday My garage door got replaced and my buddy installed wheels I had laying around. Here is how he sits right now

Name:  IMAG0450.jpg
Size:  68.9 KB

Stay Tuned
Old 05-01-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

+about 300 this is a great build thread.. I would have lost interest a long time ago though.
Old 05-02-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

that's dedication bro, keep up the good work +1!

Quick Reply: Project "Ejwone"