Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Tuned Emanage Map For All

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DriftR is an unknown quantity at this point
Tuned Emanage Map For All

Those who run,

T25
D17A1
310CC injectors
2" turboback exhaust, high flow cat
2" intake piping

can use my settings to start. I was having problems with power at first, but it was all due to the fuzzy logic programming in my HKS EVC that was set for a supra. Car has been tuned at temperatures ranging from 30-45 deg F. Now the cars run well, thanks to many with helpful advice and so on.

Idle is at AFR 14.1 AVG
On closed loop operation, AFR is 14.6 AVG
On WOT open loop operation AFR is 12.5 AVG at all pressures from 3-12 psi
Best part: NO CEL's

With this, i have beaten a Type-s and a WRX ('03) at 8psi. No knock, at 94octane.

http://www.uploadwiz.com/WIZ495608209.gif
http://www.uploadwiz.com/WIZ1018658503.gif
http://www.uploadwiz.com/WIZ683040117.gif
http://www.uploadwiz.com/WIZ1284291972.gif

Last edited by DriftR; 11-13-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow you are generous for posting your map. You using the tsi kit?
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

No, custom kit. I fab'ed the DP, IC piping, vac manifold etc (since I work in an engineering firm, I get access to free metal and machines . Similar to Tnaff's setup w/o the fuel kit.

And no, I'm not generous, I think everyone should post their maps. Although I didn't pay to get it tuned by some knucklehead, I still woulda posted it even if I did cuz I would have already spent the money regardless. Why not help someone out, right?

Last edited by DriftR; 11-13-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Can you post pics of your kit I'm really interested in your setup. You get dyno tuned at all?
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

No dyno tune. Not necessary. I don't car exactly how much power i'm running. I know what I beat, and what I don't. I have a UEGO which tells me that I'm running well or not. Thats good enough. The HP-TQ curve means nothing to me whatsoever. As for pics, look at tnaffs, it's similar. Except I got this COOL silicone elbow to make the intake pipe at the TB really nice.
It's a 90deg elbow that reduces from 2.5" to 2.0". Without that, I'm sure as TNAFF probably could tell ya, is a pain in the royal *** to get clean and right.
Old 11-13-2006
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DriftR
No dyno tune. Not necessary. I don't car exactly how much power i'm running. I know what I beat, and what I don't. I have a UEGO which tells me that I'm running well or not. Thats good enough. The HP-TQ curve means nothing to me whatsoever. As for pics, look at tnaffs, it's similar. Except I got this COOL silicone elbow to make the intake pipe at the TB really nice.
It's a 90deg elbow that reduces from 2.5" to 2.0". Without that, I'm sure as TNAFF probably could tell ya, is a pain in the royal *** to get clean and right.
Heh, glad you got it all worked out! BTW its tfnaaf not tnaff Post some pictures up if you got them!
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all

Glad to see you got it right, when people like dezod throw out crazy clamp numbers like 3.5 4 4.5 or even 5 (ex, http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ight=map+clamp)

Originally Posted by dezod
I ran with 5V and never had one problem on my 7thgen.

Also, 2.93V leaves too much partial throttle to tune fuel for boost and regular driving. Nice way to max out the injectors quick.
Your running 12 psi with a 12.5 afr, guess that kills this theory!

Other than that looks like your running a little rich at idle, I would drop the injection correction to 240/310, that should lean it out a little, Id say thats a pretty good base map

Last edited by Logan3024; 11-13-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
very nice, i was looknig for something like this. +1 !
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

I'm not running 12 psi. I tested it at every psi from 3-12 psi in case I get boost spikes and creep. It's set for .5 bar (7psi)...but in case the pressure ever goes higher than that, it's good to know you have the right AFR during unintentional(or not) overboosting.
Old 11-14-2006
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
possibly a dumb question, but would this map work for an auto transmission too? I assuming it does.
Old 11-14-2006
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
you may have beaten a rsx but it must have been stock because a boosted rsx on 5-8 psi easily holds 350 hp but thats a nice setup for emanage though
Old 11-14-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Logan3024

Glad to see you got it right, when people like dezod throw out crazy clamp numbers like 3.5 4 4.5 or even 5 (ex, http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ight=map+clamp)

Your running 12 psi with a 12.5 afr, guess that kills this theory!

Other than that looks like your running a little rich at idle, I would drop the injection correction to 240/310, that should lean it out a little, Id say thats a pretty good base map
at this guy's comments.

I have done it, and numerous others have without the clamp at all. 8.5 PSI on my 7thgen ALL DAY with no limp mode. Maybe there is some ECU variation. I was an 01 EX. Maybe the 01-02s have different ECU thresholds.

Anyway, the reason why he has the correction set like that is to prevent the MAP/BARO sensor CEL that comes from too much injector correction margin on the e-manage. The stock ECU only allows so much variation in the input to output......I suppose you knew this already and was just testing me again Logan.

To the original poster. Looks pretty good from a quick glance. Have fun!

Last edited by dezod; 11-14-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-14-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
at this guy's comments.

I have done it, and numerous others have without the clamp at all. 8.5 PSI on my 7thgen ALL DAY with no limp mode. Maybe there is some ECU variation. I was an 01 EX. Maybe the 01-02s have different ECU thresholds.

Anyway, the reason why he has the correction set like that is to prevent the MAP/BARO sensor CEL that comes from too much injector correction margin on the e-manage. The stock ECU only allows so much variation in the input to output......I suppose you knew this already and was just testing me again Logan.

Im running the 5v clamp on mine too, with no issues what so ever
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
at this guy's comments.

Testing you again? Try running 12lbs+ and watch how fast the map sensor code pops up with a 5v clamp
Old 11-15-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
^On a side note, that custom user title is hilarious
Old 11-15-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Logan3024
Testing you again? Try running 12lbs+ and watch how fast the map sensor code pops up with a 5v clamp
How can you expect it not to throw a limp mode code at that pressure?!?!? I was amazed that the thing did not on 8.5-9 PSI on a T3 S60. Besides, PSI is a generic form of measurement. It's all about CFM of the turbo.
Old 11-15-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
^On a side note, that custom user title is hilarious
Where have you been stranger?
Old 11-15-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Eh, you don't even want to know... I'm slowly watching this place fall apart.
Old 11-15-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Eh, you don't even want to know... I'm slowly watching this place fall apart.
Hmmmmmmm

Elaborate in PM.
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

BoostedVik is an unknown quantity at this point
i cant see those files, a pages opens up displaying a file could not be found!
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

yeah they were taken off cuz they were too old. I'll post an updated one later once I finished a treat for you guys. I think a lot of people wanna do their own pipe runs, so I did one up in solid modeling and everyone can download them and copy the specs.
Old 12-08-2006
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
update?
Old 12-09-2006

xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
hey.. i created a section dedicated to maps for all of the engine management computers. If you want post up your tuned map in there
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

kronickz is an unknown quantity at this point
are 310cc injectors stock injectors?
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
^^^^they're stock rsx type-s injectors.....we have 240cc in our d17's
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
update damnit!
Old 04-15-2007
Remebers the old days

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Tuned Emanage Map For All

did anyone save these? could you please send them to me. I went to check them out and they have been removed. Any help would be great
Old 04-15-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by CrewChief
did anyone save these? could you please send them to me. I went to check them out and they have been removed. Any help would be great
Dork! Cheange your sig and support the people who support you! BTW, call me. I told Jeff to tell you to call me this weekend. I have help for j00!
Old 04-21-2007
Registered!!

civ_nate is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone have a basemap for emanage blue on a d17 non-vtec @ 8psi? stock internals?