Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

noob'ed out with crower cams

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blinky will become famous soon enoughblinky will become famous soon enough
noob'ed out with crower cams

aight heres the deal, im thinking about getting some crower stage 1 cam as my next mod upgrade. but since im fairly new on the idea about getting cams. maybe you guys can help me out, like parts i will be needing, does it really need alot of tuning? is it worth getting the cams. inputs and suggestions are welcome
Old 11-03-2006
i have a new home do u
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

v8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of light
research. what do you have done with your car what are your plans
Old 11-03-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
a different cam will need a tune for sure. You at least need an engine management program to tune with. Cams adjust how long the intake ports are open into the engine, how long the exhaust ports are open, and when they do it. Changing this can really mess everything up on stock tune. The ECU will be expecting air to enter and exit at a different time, and for different lengths of time. Thats not the best explination but it should do for 1:30 in the morning
Old 11-03-2006
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't go with a new cam unless you have researched the idea. I also would not go witht he stage 1 cam it realy is not worth the money maybe 5 whp. I went with the stage 2 turbo cam and the spring kit and it realy changed how the car idles and acts so tunng is a must. After all is said and done my 600 dollar mod turned into about 1200 including install and tuning, but I am going for the highest whp with the lowest amount of boost. Just think to yourself what do I want out of my civic?
Old 11-03-2006
Registered!!

cmeias is an unknown quantity at this point
get the stage 2 polish and port the head and get it tuned you should add about 25 to 30 hp.
Old 11-03-2006
Registered!!

yah im not 100% sure of doing the cams. right now my setup is cai,header,hks muffler. everything right now it not bad powerwise. but sure be better to have a little bit of punch. as cool as a turbo setup would be and the amount of power it will put out. just dont really want to spend alot $$ for turbo maintenance and tuning. i dont track my car. so i wanted to know getting the stage 1 cam and a vafc and little bit of vafc tuning would do the job. or theres more into it.
Old 11-04-2006
Registered!!

cmeias is an unknown quantity at this point
in my opinion the stage 1 cam are not worth the money for the same price you can get the stage 2 na cam and still get it tuned with a vafc and you will see more gains for the same price.
Old 11-06-2006
05 civic lx

ya u can do stage 2, but its not the same price cuz u gotta buy the valve train upgrade which is $330. But of course its more power...if i do stage 2 do i only need a vafc2 to tune it??
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't do it unless you have $1000 in cash to spend or credit card. Honestly speaking from personal experience. I didn't spend it all at once as I gathered parts here and there but just giving you the heads up.
Old 11-09-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Don't do it unless you have $1000 in cash to spend or credit card. Honestly speaking from personal experience. I didn't spend it all at once as I gathered parts here and there but just giving you the heads up.
haha yah i was just reading your other post. good luck with ur tuning man
Old 11-09-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
I hope it gave you some insight as to what you'll be facing. Obviously, everyone's car is different and you will face different challenges but the more ppl to write up experiences the better.