Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

tsx swap help

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006
nor cal 7thgens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
allmotor can only hope to improve
tsx swap help

well found a brand new longblock for a great deal and most likely going with it, but i have a few questions that i couldnt find searching. I already know it can fit but i was wondering if the rsx intermiediate shaft still works and if i can stay 4 lug with si axles. Also i plan to get type r mani with skunk2 tb and
supposedly this gets rid of the drive by wire, so besides that i was gonna ask what tranny would u run type-s or base 5 speed. I am staying allmotor but using slicks

also can i run the type r ecu and not worry about the immobilizer?

Last edited by allmotor; 06-01-2006 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i would run a 5-speed its better grearing for that motor
Old 06-01-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I don't know about the intermediate shaft, but I'm pretty sure you can stay 4-lug with Si axles. Since you're going all motor you're probably going to want the 6 speed. The 5 speed is better for being boosted due to the longer gears...At least that was what I heard.
Old 06-01-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by allmotor
well found a brand new longblock for a great deal and most likely going with it, but i have a few questions that i couldnt find searching. I already know it can fit but i was wondering if the rsx intermiediate shaft still works and if i can stay 4 lug with si axles. Also i plan to get type r mani with skunk2 tb and
supposedly this gets rid of the drive by wire, so besides that i was gonna ask what tranny would u run type-s or base 5 speed. I am staying allmotor but using slicks

also can i run the type r ecu and not worry about the immobilizer?
the rsx intermidiate shaft will fit. u can use si axles to stay 4 lug. u can use the type R mani, is what i used, and your tb should work, but you need to plug up the water port on the head. and you have to use the TB cable from a rsx to get rid of the drive by wire tb, i suggest to use the new rbc mani. i would use a 6 speed type S and get lsd and a better clutch. i dont' suggest to get upgraded axles, because the oems have been proven to hold alot better then stock... just buy extra axles, they are cheap

and don't use the type R, its not tuned for a tsx, you are goign to need kpro since you can't use the tsx ecu because of the drive by wire

Last edited by HondaLuver; 06-01-2006 at 11:23 PM.