Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Alternator fuse keeps popping

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006
The wheel is turning...but the hamster is dead
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to all
Question Alternator fuse keeps popping

Like the title says...2nd time this week...first I thought it was just random...but then it did it again today...anyone else have this problem with a turbo? Or am I just going to have to keep a $hit load of fuses in my car!

Everything on the turbo is fine...and I didnt add anything new to the power source so Im

Any help would be great. thanks!
Old 04-09-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
damn, now thats new to me.. make sure nothing is touching the alternator (wires, housing) check that your nuts and bolts are tight. i don't really see a reason for alternator fuses to be blowing after a turbo is put on. Maybe the alt is going bad? bring it by autozone or someplace and have it checked.
Old 04-10-2006
Registered!!

Hwoody77 can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by ShoelessEX
Like the title says...2nd time this week...first I thought it was just random...but then it did it again today...anyone else have this problem with a turbo? Or am I just going to have to keep a $hit load of fuses in my car!

Everything on the turbo is fine...and I didnt add anything new to the power source so Im

Any help would be great. thanks!
I had the same problem, the wires to my 02 sensor were shorting out...
Old 04-11-2006
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, sounds like a short somewhere.....
Pick up a multimeter and check the wires from the ecu to the various sensors for continuity.