Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

vacume? bov?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shnivic is an unknown quantity at this point
vacume? bov?

i got the max rev kit and i need to know how to hook uup the BOV do i run a vac line from the top to the intake i know the bottom line from the wastgate goes to the charge pipe right? and the top one goes to nothin or a boost controler or somethin, but this damn bov got me wonderin. ill keep searchin
Old 06-01-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
the bov hooks up to the vacuum. it goes nowhere near the wg or turbo. its near the intake manifold. there is a little sensor near the TB on the drivers side that is black/green and says max regulated pressure 1psi. That is the vacuum line. You need to tap into there, before the sensor I just mentioned, and before the other sensor up further on the same hose. Where the hose starts bending down, somewhere in there is where you cut and use a T-fitting. Just make sure its before the two sensors more towards the firewall not towards the front of the car.

Hope this helps, my explaining sucks. I may have a pic in my pictures if you want to look. I have a t fitting with 3 hoses coming out (BOV, Injection control unit, boost gauge all in the same t fitting 2 bucks at autozone for the piece). just look under the engine pics under check out my ride
Old 06-02-2005
Registered!!

shnivic is an unknown quantity at this point
thankz man, ill get that fitting i got the c2 autometer guages so ill need that fitting, ill use for the boost and cap the 3rd.... does the wastgate hook up to the charge pipe? i got the tail WG and it has 2 line fittings 1 on top and 1 lower on it, i was runing the lower to the charge pipe before the TB and let the top one free anyways thenkz for your help!
Old 06-02-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont know about the wastegate. Mine turbo is internally wastegated, and came all hooked up. Mine had a hose going from the turbo to the wastegate. There was a hose on the turbo air intake inlet I believe. Id search on here about how to hook up a boost controller.