Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Just a thought about FI

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a thought about FI

Would it be conceivable for an air bag kit (i.e. a tank w/ a compressor) to be modified and used as a method of FI ?

BTW: I am not considering doing this, I just got high and had a random thought...
Old 03-02-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nice
hmmmm.....did you see a dog running down the road turn into a car lose a wheel hit a tree and turn into marshmellows?

Just messing with you....IMO I don't see why it wouldn't work to a certain extent. Kind of like nitrous, but with air instead. Run the set-up just like you would for airbags except you would only need one line from the tank, only one valve, and a single switch. Then run the line from the exhaust side of the valve to your intake and figure out a way of mounting it.

Airbag air tanks are notorious for building up condinsation inside of them though. So you run a good chance of injecting some amount of water straight into your engine; not to mention it might just cause your a/f ratio to just get unbalanced because of the sudden injection of air. Not sure if there is a way to actually make a hp gain out of this because I would think the air flow would need to be constant in order to make it work...lol kind of like the whole thing back in the day when some people would install a high cfm pc fan behind their air intake in hopes to increase air intake.

Some one else elaborate on this....and correct me where i am wrong please.
Old 03-02-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Not enough volume of air
Old 03-02-2005
Registered!!

BRCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ i was kinda thinkin that might be an issue

and yeah, as far as the a/f ratio goes, it seems you would have to have some sort of fuel management to handle that - similar to nitrous, yes
Old 03-02-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRCivic
.......I just got high
that is one hell of a trip
Old 03-02-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BRCivic
Would it be conceivable for an air bag kit (i.e. a tank w/ a compressor) to be modified and used as a method of FI ?

BTW: I am not considering doing this, I just got high and had a random thought...

Thats like ask if a modified digital camera can be used to make pancakes
Old 03-02-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HustleLikeM0FO
Thats like ask if a modified digital camera can be used to make pancakes

bwahahaha........now that is funny
Old 03-03-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, that was. that would be sweet, than when your high, you can take pics and grub some paddicakes. (my kids call them that)
Old 03-03-2005
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
No, it wouldnt work. Not enough pressure.

Closed to prohibit teh wH0r1N