Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

So how many miles per gallon do the turbo guys get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
So how many miles per gallon do the turbo guys get?

Just wondering. I searched, but didn't find anything. State how much boost you are running and how much a gas guzzler your car is.
Old 02-19-2005
First to spool
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
riceburnrex has disabled reputation
Driving to work, mostly highway, 35-40mpg. Only spool a few times getting on the highway and changing lanes.

City driving, spooling a pretty decent amount, 30-35mpg.

This is on 6psi daily driving.

10psi is not much worse on city driving, maybe 1-2mpg lower.
Old 02-19-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by riceburnrex
Driving to work, mostly highway, 35-40mpg. Only spool a few times getting on the highway and changing lanes.

City driving, spooling a pretty decent amount, 30-35mpg.

This is on 6psi daily driving.

10psi is not much worse on city driving, maybe 1-2mpg lower.
Wow I was under the impression that with boost you would lose a considerable amount of your economy. I guess the only downside is the high emissions.
Old 02-19-2005
First to spool

Originally Posted by QBoi
Wow I was under the impression that with boost you would lose a considerable amount of your economy. I guess the only downside is the high emissions.
You do lose fuel economy... when you are in boost. Out of boost, it's just like any other Honda Civic. Consider that you're in boost for a very small percentage of your actual driving time unless you are racing (and only idiots do that on the street), so for 95% of the driving, you're using fuel at the same rate as any other 7th gen.

This is assuming your fuel system and tuner are smart enough to get the idle and part throttle driving fuel amounts correct.
Old 02-19-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
When i drive like a decent person and get on it once in awhile.......i get 32-33 mpg.

I boost 9psi daily
Old 02-19-2005
Chicks dig my scent

civicskater is an unknown quantity at this point
i get over 25mpg city driving, and about mid 30s on highway...its doesnt guzzle gas at all. My girlfriend hates it because her V6 accord gets worse mpg
Old 02-19-2005
Boosting Daily

EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
6psi daily, 9psi when feeling gitty.

City Driving---> it's kinda a killer- quick spooling, even at 1/4 throttle 28-30mpg stop lights everywhere!

Highway driving---> only about 2 or 3 mpg under any n/a 7thgen. Only spools when getting on the highways and changing lanes or passing old people.

You only burn more fuel than N/A when you're under boost. Which is only when ur accelerating quickly. Any other time ur running 10+ mm hg vac.
Old 02-20-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice info, thanks Eternal Blue. I figured Id have some issues with gas and spooling with this kit, but its all good. Ill take less busy roads. Or more freeway driving.

Peace

I finally ordered my kit 2 days ago, BTW. On Monday it ships from Cali to AZ, so it shouldnt take more than a day or two to get here. I cant wait to start installing parts. IC first of course. So I can get rid of my busted grill thats chipped half the paint off.
Old 02-20-2005
Boosting Daily

EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
I've gotten to the point where even when accelerating, i try to stay outta boost if i really don't need it. Like when there's no cars around, i just accelerate onto the highway like an n/a civic.
Old 02-20-2005
Boosting Daily

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
I finally ordered my kit 2 days ago, BTW. On Monday it ships from Cali to AZ, so it shouldnt take more than a day or two to get here. I cant wait to start installing parts. IC first of course. So I can get rid of my busted grill thats chipped half the paint off.
Sweet! Make sure you have plety of pics of the install. I have seriously 100+ in my turbo install folder here on my computer. PM me if you run into any difficulties, technical or electrical! Btw, make sure you have an ECU Pin map when you start splicing the ICU into the ecu.
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

ShadyImprtracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Btw, make sure you have an ECU Pin map when you start splicing the ICU into the ecu.
wtf is an ECU pin map???
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
i went 320 miles on a full tank. thats highway and in town driving. at 6psi.
Old 02-20-2005
First to spool

Originally Posted by EternalBlue_Vic
I've gotten to the point where even when accelerating, i try to stay outta boost if i really don't need it. Like when there's no cars around, i just accelerate onto the highway like an n/a civic.
I do the same thing. What's the point in pushing the engine more than you need to? But it certainly is nice to have the power there when you want/need it.
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EternalBlue_Vic
same here... 8psi daily, still getting around 30-33mpg mixed city/highway
Old 02-20-2005
Boosting Daily

Originally Posted by ShadyImprtracer
wtf is an ECU pin map???
Its a map for what wire is what on the ECU

Here's my old thread for when i was asking for one, there's a link in there to one:

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=188270
Old 02-20-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
nices #s
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

silvrbreez02 can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
Nice info, thanks Eternal Blue. I figured Id have some issues with gas and spooling with this kit, but its all good. Ill take less busy roads. Or more freeway driving.

Peace

What kit did you go with?