Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

TSI turbo kits?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
TSI turbo kits?

ok so i tried doing the install of my kti and ran into a few problems. so i called a place to have them install it and its been there since last thursday. now they have a problem. the 2 extra injectors that you have to install the interface block dont fit on the throttle body. im hoping that they sent me the wrong part cause this is starting to **** me off, i should have had my car wednesday but they had to do some fab. to this dam car to fit this kit.

If anyone out there has this kit, did you have any trouble installing? cause i have read in the past on this forum that pople have done there own install for this kit. so now im looking into saturday, if not later. sucks.
Old 11-18-2004
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
/\/\hope i don't have the same problem. I'm buying a used T25bb kit, it should fit since it's been on a civic before, but PM thebigjap and NytRyder2k2. They're the only peeps up here i know of that have a TSI kit.
Old 11-18-2004
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
tru.ill hit em up
Old 11-18-2004
Registered!!

SODJAZERO is an unknown quantity at this point
there is some one in oklahoma that ordered a tsi kit, man.... the charge pipe was rubbing against the pully, and the vafc that came with the kit will not work properly unless the fuel system is conveted to return, this kit is not easy to install, too many modifications need to be done to make it fit properly, i hope everything works for you, i would not buy this kit.
Old 11-19-2004
Registered!!

i mean i talk to the doo that is doing the install and he said its def not a direct bolt on and they had to do custom fab to make it work so far, and now this problem..i feel like i cant win with this dam thing. hoping for saturday but mostly likly with my luck monday or tuesday.
Old 11-19-2004
Registered!!

truehonda has a spectacular aura abouttruehonda has a spectacular aura about
TSI Turbo kit Hooray. Sorry to be an ars but you get what you pay for.
Old 11-19-2004
Registered!!

i mean its not that its a bad kit, too many ****in mods have to be made to fit this dam thing. for the amount of time this is taking you would think i am going to have a 10 sec car. its some bullshit. im going to call and complain to them and see if i can get money back for something, cause im getting so pissed off i might drive there after i get it done and shove my foot up there ***...
Old 11-19-2004
Registered!!

I know bud, its just gay this is happening to you.
Old 11-19-2004
just breathe...

flowerpowerlove is an unknown quantity at this point
tsi is horrible!!! i have the t25 and was not able to install it. let me clarify, i could have installed it even without the worthless instructions but the oil pressure sensor adapter that comes with the kit broke off inside the threads of the sensor. the alluminun broke, it is so crappy!!! they sent me the wrong intercooler piping, no extra injectors or fuel pressure pump.

here is the crux, i have called tsi...count it 9 times, emailed 5 times no response...

i am going to box up the kit and send it back demanding a refund for such a deplorable product, my advice stay away!!!

did i mention that i had to use an electric sander to shape the right side of the manifold so that it would fit on the threads? oh, well now you know!!!

oh and the air filter looks like it was a left over from a clearance at kragen...
Old 11-19-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by flowerpowerlove
tsi is horrible!!! i have the t25 and was not able to install it. let me clarify, i could have installed it even without the worthless instructions but the oil pressure sensor adapter that comes with the kit broke off inside the threads of the sensor. the alluminun broke, it is so crappy!!! they sent me the wrong intercooler piping, no extra injectors or fuel pressure pump.

here is the crux, i have called tsi...count it 9 times, emailed 5 times no response...

i am going to box up the kit and send it back demanding a refund for such a deplorable product, my advice stay away!!!

did i mention that i had to use an electric sander to shape the right side of the manifold so that it would fit on the threads? oh, well now you know!!!

oh and the air filter looks like it was a left over from a clearance at kragen...

well i started installing the kit with my friend and i, and the manifold didnt fit..so i went to my neiboers house and grinded it down to fit.(the right side of it) made it fit..but there were so many other problems that i gave up and had my car towed to a shop..o yeah i forgot to mention that i called when i came across a problem and im still waiting for a call back. hense a week later still no call..now the shop came across this problem with the interface block..they called and no repsonse...so i called today and bitch them out, so now they are sending me the rigth part. im thinking of calling back and talking a manger and seeing if i can get money for this install , alteast something cause htis is going to cost me a **** load..i mean everything is on my car going great but this part. as of now thou, who the hell knows, prob run into somrhitng else then there going to go crazy. i dont understand how some poepl run a busniess. a desent amount of custom fab to make this work. not work it. but its too late now. i have to deal with it and get this straight.

thanks for the feed back everyone.
Old 11-20-2004
Remebers the old days
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
I got the kit a year ago and installed it my self in 2 days. Only had to cut come of the bumper to make it fit. Sorry you are having these problems. The kit is a good kit. Runs hard. The fuel control computer is kind of tricky to get used to. You do not need a return fuel system. The fuel is added like nitrous. You just have to play with the settings to get the perfect mix. At 1psi start at 1.00ms and go up .6ms every psi. If you have any questions let me know
Old 11-20-2004
Registered!!

thanks man!!!!
Old 11-20-2004
Boosting Daily

EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CrewChief
I got the kit a year ago and installed it my self in 2 days. Only had to cut come of the bumper to make it fit. Sorry you are having these problems. The kit is a good kit. Runs hard. The fuel control computer is kind of tricky to get used to. You do not need a return fuel system. The fuel is added like nitrous. You just have to play with the settings to get the perfect mix. At 1psi start at 1.00ms and go up .6ms every psi. If you have any questions let me know
What turbo are you running? T25, T28 or did ya upgrade?
Old 11-20-2004
just breathe...

my car was up on the jacks for a week while i figured out how i was going to fix the oil sender threading...!!! im goin box it up 2day and send it back!
Old 11-20-2004
Registered!!

dam man sorry to hear!
Old 11-20-2004
Registered!!

flowerpower, sorry dude, me and you will work together from now on.
Old 11-20-2004
just breathe...

hey eddie, its me kevin!!!
Old 11-21-2004
Remebers the old days

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
I am running the t25bb and the kit does not come with a fuel pump or regulator. the kit for our cars doesn't include it.

Last edited by CrewChief; 11-21-2004 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-21-2004
Registered!!

i called turbo specialties, and the manger said that i didnt need a fuel pressure reg.
Old 11-21-2004
Remebers the old days

thats right. With the returnless fuel system you don't need it. It has one in the gas tank that is electricly controlled
Old 11-21-2004
Boosting Daily

/\/\that's good, i got worried for sec there
Old 11-21-2004
Registered!!

im just hoping my dam car will be ready no later then tuesday. almost 2 weeks cause turbo specialties is a bunch of more-ons.
Old 11-22-2004
Registered!!

hey kev
Old 11-22-2004
Registered!!

well called my shop up and it isnt looking good, since turbo specailties wont send the new part until they get the old one, so now im looking at alomst another week....i hate this place..do you think if i called and talk to a manger i and told him that its costing me money for my car to sit there and its turbo specailties fault i could get some oney out of them cause this is complete bullshit..dam more-ons..
Old 11-23-2004
Registered!!

2002SilverEx is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man, I feel you on this, everything you are saying is De-Ja-Vou! It's so sad, but so true. I ordered my kit last...ohh....may or june... Anyways, my car was in the shop for about a month and a half because of installation problems. I came out of the whole thing with a $1,100.00 bill from the installer, almost 2 months with no car, a blown headgasket, almost a breakup with the girlfriend because I was in such a horrible mood through the whole process, and finally a car that now runs...pretty good.

The first problem was the manifold didnt fit, had to shave that. Next the instructions were a joke, so they had to figure everything out thereselves. TSI won't answer your calls, or send parts, like you said. Then once the whole thing was installed, I was boosting like 13 psi, and blew a headgasket, when i thought you couldnt boost more than 6. Since then, I have replaced the headgasket, bought a boost controller, and I am now boosting 9 psi, and its running great.

Was the whole thing worth it...? HELL NO! Eventhough I now have a bad *** civic, I spent way to much time and money on the project, let alone, constant stress for a month and a half, doesnt help anyone.

So yeah, everything you are saying, your not the only one, and my sympathy for you is here, i feel bad for you! Good luck man!

The best advice I can offer you is to talk to CrewChief as much as possible, the guy is a brain when it comes to this kit, and hes willing to help. Hes a great guy, Thanks again Steve, couldnt have done it without ya!

Good Luck man
Old 11-23-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 2002SilverEx
Hey man, I feel you on this, everything you are saying is De-Ja-Vou! It's so sad, but so true. I ordered my kit last...ohh....may or june... Anyways, my car was in the shop for about a month and a half because of installation problems. I came out of the whole thing with a $1,100.00 bill from the installer, almost 2 months with no car, a blown headgasket, almost a breakup with the girlfriend because I was in such a horrible mood through the whole process, and finally a car that now runs...pretty good.

The first problem was the manifold didnt fit, had to shave that. Next the instructions were a joke, so they had to figure everything out thereselves. TSI won't answer your calls, or send parts, like you said. Then once the whole thing was installed, I was boosting like 13 psi, and blew a headgasket, when i thought you couldnt boost more than 6. Since then, I have replaced the headgasket, bought a boost controller, and I am now boosting 9 psi, and its running great.

Was the whole thing worth it...? HELL NO! Eventhough I now have a bad *** civic, I spent way to much time and money on the project, let alone, constant stress for a month and a half, doesnt help anyone.

So yeah, everything you are saying, your not the only one, and my sympathy for you is here, i feel bad for you! Good luck man!

The best advice I can offer you is to talk to CrewChief as much as possible, the guy is a brain when it comes to this kit, and hes willing to help. Hes a great guy, Thanks again Steve, couldnt have done it without ya!

Good Luck man
yeah i was doing the install myself and i had to take the manifold to my neighbors house to f=grind the right corner down...but still had **** to move..so i said F-it ill bring it somewhere...well its almost 3 weeks and still nothing...i was thnking of call the manger of this turbo specialties and tryin to get somehting out of this deal. cause ill prob be spending around a G also. too many problems, and i dont understand and you talk to the tech guy, its like talking to your mom about doing the ****..NO CLUE! illbe finding out tonight if they got the oart and if they will be done soon. cant wait..i need my car, and i feel you man, me and my girl are on the edge, i get so upset cause of this car, its killing me. but everythign all good. i just dont even think about it anymore, and when its done its done..theres nothing wqe can do to see if they will give us money or somehting cuase there dumbass over there? idk just thinking cuase my friend told me to try. thanks bro!!
Old 11-24-2004
just breathe...

dude, we should like blitz them with calls and figure out how TSI is going to compensate us for all of this crap, like a dual strike or something. I want to send my kit back cause the threading is still f^ed up, so even if everything else worked and fit, which it doesnt i still couldnt put a new adapter in, so tsi has screwed up my block indefinetly. sp? wouldnt they have to help us out? could we report them to like the bbb or someting? exturbo6 i feel you, we gotta nail these weasels!!!
Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

AV6 6MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by flowerpowerlove
dude, we should like blitz them with calls and figure out how TSI is going to compensate us for all of this crap, like a dual strike or something. I want to send my kit back cause the threading is still f^ed up, so even if everything else worked and fit, which it doesnt i still couldnt put a new adapter in, so tsi has screwed up my block indefinetly. sp? wouldnt they have to help us out? could we report them to like the bbb or someting? exturbo6 i feel you, we gotta nail these weasels!!!

Id def try and get some $ back or something, all of you have problems that you shouldnt be having... 100% bolt-on? TSI has got to be kidding me. I was just at the shop with Steve (EX TURBO6) and that kit looks like if was never even fitted on a 7th gen, just put together in a box lol. 100% bolt-on I think not! BBB definitely.
Old 11-25-2004
Remebers the old days

I am not sure about all these problems. I feel for you guys I do. I had no problem with mine. Put it in in 2 days my self. I got my kit from Turbo discounters. Sorry you guys are having so much trouble. If there is anything I can do to help feel free to hit me up. I'll even call the shop and try to help them out if I can. Just let me know. I am there for anybody who needs it. I can even privide pics and detailes on how to install the the kit and fuel settings for nay one who wants it. If your in the stockton CA area I'll even help you put it in. Good luck
Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 2002SilverEx

Good Luck man
2002SilverEx, Hey who did you buy kit from?

Quick Reply: TSI turbo kits?