Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Emanage vs. SAFC II - Where is it at?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004
BIG
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
Emanage vs. SAFC II - Where is it at?

Alright guys, I'm in a bit of a debocle.

I am turbo'n my 7thgen and I need some advice.

With a T3 turbo set up, running 440CC injectors, looking to push between 5 and 9 lbs daily, what is the best to get to control things.

Emanage or SAFC?
Old 10-29-2004
Desperate Custom Swapper Speed Freak

vtecd17 is an unknown quantity at this point
E-manage. (dont forget u need another harnees to mess with timing)
Old 10-29-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
safcii only controls air/fuel and vtec, and even then not by much. Go with the e-manage, or wait for Hondata.
Old 10-29-2004
TeLLy is my daddy

gtracing is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
safcii only controls air/fuel and vtec, and even then not by much. Go with the e-manage, or wait for Hondata.
safc doesn't control vtec..only air/fuel...vafc controls all three...

go with emanage, simply because there's more **** to play around with, safc/vafc is only for looks for people who don't have power...like me..hahaha

especially if ur going with a turbo setup, u definitely want more points on ur fuel curve that u can adjust to get that "straight" fuel line...
Old 10-29-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
oops yeah it doesn't control vtec. But the vafc/safc is good for us slower cars with boltons. It won't have all those other options that are better for turbo.
Old 10-29-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
VAFC2 is not a good choice for even VTEC control. Anyone who has dyno'd their car with VAFC and changed the engagement point can testify that the ECU goes nuts and you loose power by messing with it.

E-Manage>VAFC2
Old 10-29-2004
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
alright looks like I'll have to sell off my SAFC II and go for an emanage system
Old 10-29-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
what are the REAL advantages of e-manage? after talking with a tunner today he suggested the AFC, being the e-manage has too many bells and whistles and basically does the same for less $$$?
Old 10-29-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tfnaaf
what are the REAL advantages of e-manage? after talking with a tunner today he suggested the AFC, being the e-manage has too many bells and whistles and basically does the same for less $$$?

The ability to control timing.....hands down, is the best feature...
Old 10-29-2004

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ FOR SHO!

E-manage can control your duty cycle alot better than vafc, plus you can retard/forward tming with it. JUST REMEMBER YOU NEED THE IGNITION HARNESS TO ADJUST THE TIMING!
Old 10-29-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by opto_isolator
What about for idle quality adjustability?
Old 10-30-2004
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
are we going with an upgraded pump somewhere in the mix of all this
Old 10-30-2004
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
What about for idle quality adjustability?
my **** idled at stock and thats even adjustable so...
Old 10-30-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

Originally Posted by C2i0v0i1C
are we going with an upgraded pump somewhere in the mix of all this
for me? yes walbro
Old 10-30-2004
SuperMODrizd

for me? yes walbro

nah for BIG
Old 10-30-2004
BIG
Registered!!

is that what you guys recommend? The Walbro. I know I can get one, but is it necessary if I'm pushing up to 8 lbs of boost?

I think I'll just get both the SAFC II and the emanage...I like the bling effect of the SAFC II inside the car, but functionally the emanage owns. I can have both right?

As well, I got both the stock RSX 330CC injectors and the RC 440CC injectors for the RSX. I think either will fit, but the 440s are better to go with correct?
Old 10-30-2004

you could get both...or not be stupid and get one or the other, and use the extra money to buy urself a short shifter...or some clothes....or a halloween costume..
Old 10-30-2004
BIG
Registered!!

haha....well the thing is I already bought the SAFC II and I think I got a really good deal on it, so I need the emange anyways to retard my timing a little (once it gets advanced with the increased fuel) so I think I'll just keep it. I've wasted enough money on this car why not another $100, haha
Old 11-01-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

Originally Posted by opto_isolator
Just curious has anyone shown or seen any REAL gains from the adjustable timing in the e-manage. I realize that there is alot more to the e-manage then the AFC. Im just trying to figure out if the extra $$$ investment is worth it on the e-manage. I like the idea of more adjustability, but if none is getting any real gains i may go with the AFC route with rsx injectors. Hell i may even go real basic and use FMU. Is anyone running the rsx injectors with the afc that can comment on the driveability/performance compared to the e-manage?
Old 11-01-2004
BIG
Registered!!

I'm not under the impression that there are any real gains, just that emanage reduces the risk of detonation with its capability of retarding the timing with the increased amount of fuel

Side note: as someone asked, I just bought my Walbro fuel pump today
Old 11-01-2004

shady88 can only hope to improve
hey big, im planning to do a t3 based setup with some rc 440's also, i was planning to use the aem ems, but thats a no go. id def recommend the e-manage w/ the support tool b/c it has the ability to control timing and can tune the fuel map better. also ive read that our ecu poops out with a V-AFC II. the support tool for the e-manage makes it all worth using it, and it gives you a good excuse to get an indash tft and throw a computer in the car. eheh -- Jeremy
Old 11-01-2004
BIG
Registered!!

thanks alot Shady.....any ideas on if I can use my touchscreen Pioneer indash with the emanage?
Old 11-01-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Just curious has anyone shown or seen any REAL gains from the adjustable timing in the e-manage. I realize that there is alot more to the e-manage then the AFC. Im just trying to figure out if the extra $$$ investment is worth it on the e-manage. I like the idea of more adjustability, but if none is getting any real gains i may go with the AFC route with rsx injectors. Hell i may even go real basic and use FMU. Is anyone running the rsx injectors with the afc that can comment on the driveability/performance compared to the e-manage?
If you run larger injectors - your timing is going to be advanced already (if you alter the MAP signal to accomplish this). Timing that is already advanced too much under boost = fried ringlands. The emanage allows you to back the timing off under boost to prevent detotaton....
Old 11-01-2004
SuperMODrizd

ur telling me that u want to use both emanage and safc at the same time, wtf for, why dont u just put two boost guages on ur a pillar and hook them both up!!! i guess if u just want the blue screen to light up and numbers to bounce around then so be it, but its one hell of a waste
Old 11-02-2004
BIG
Registered!!

yeah I kinda just wanted the safc for the display, I guess it would be kind of a waste right? Would having the safc be better for minor adjustments, or should nI just stick with the emanage?
Old 11-02-2004
kkk
Registered!!

kkk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
just wanted to know wats the price of VafcII and e-manage at ur place?
over here its
vafcII -- 300$
e-manage -- 840$

now which one is better for 9 psi max ?