Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

14psi on stock internals w/stacked headgaskets.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
those tails and rims are sick. Nice numbers. I hope to be around there once i get my emanage and rsx s injectors.
Old 10-06-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by civic01vtec
good #'s.........but too bad the bottom end won't last with that abuse.
Heh - yeah....I've been reading a lot about the good ole' d16 lately - man, first thing that goes are the rods, than the pistons.....

Good to see that there is consistancy between the d17 series motors, most seem to make max torque around 4k RPMs, and HP pulls all the way to red-line.....

When the EMS is released there's going to be some fast D17s out there!
Old 10-06-2004
Stage7 VP

Fiji-Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
heres a clip of guns car running a mustang gt with several bolt-ons from a while back before the new head and cam...
http://scoobasteve.com/pics/DSCF0163.AVI
Old 10-07-2004

JetBlu01 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guns I'm here in shreveport, I got a couple more mods coming then I'm gonna be PM'ing u to see where u did your tuning b/c u are putting out some nice *** #'s with that kit and I think our kits are similar...I havent put the methanol in it...I'm still waiting on my plugs and I need to get my VAFC II then I'll safely up the boost
Old 10-07-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by JetBlu01
hey guns I'm here in shreveport, I got a couple more mods coming then I'm gonna be PM'ing u to see where u did your tuning b/c u are putting out some nice *** #'s with that kit and I think our kits are similar...I havent put the methanol in it...I'm still waiting on my plugs and I need to get my VAFC II then I'll safely up the boost
I dont realy use the VAFC2 for much. It helps you fine tune a little of you are on the rich side. If you are lean you will need to upgrade plugs. Methanol helps but it is more of a safety feature. I run IK24's two ranges colder than stock and have had no problems after a year on them. Come down to Houston and I will setup a meth system for you and we can go dyno tune. You just have to pay for the parts and the dyno. My labor is free. I love to see these little cars run.
Old 10-07-2004
Stage7 VP

Originally Posted by Catalyst
i have dyno proof, but its mine. I worked my *** of tuning my car, and it was for me, nobody else.

i call BS. i think thats a cheap excuse, i think hes pi$$ed bc people are schooling him on how to use the kit he sells...

not trying to start drama, just sayin that you should not have even posted anything catalyst if you were gonna give an excuse....

my money is on bs tho

Old 10-07-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Fiji-Steve
i call BS. i think thats a cheap excuse, i think hes pi$$ed bc people are schooling him on how to use the kit he sells...

not trying to start drama, just sayin that you should not have even posted anything catalyst if you were gonna give an excuse....

my money is on bs tho

Catalyst, since I am a paying customer can you email me your dyno. I will not post it. I just want to compare it to mine. Just for reaserch value only. The money you make to develop your kit and to mod your car also comes from us the buyers.
Old 10-07-2004
Registered!!

slvrcivic will become famous soon enoughslvrcivic will become famous soon enough
I'm wondering about catalyst myself. He has dyno runs listed in his gallery. So I don't understand why he wouldn't want to show one if he really got 300hp.

It's like.... here, look at my low dyno numbers. But yah, I'm keeping my big dyno numbers to myself? I don't understand.
Old 10-07-2004
Stage7 VP

Originally Posted by slvrcivic
I'm wondering about catalyst myself. He has dyno runs listed in his gallery. So I don't understand why he wouldn't want to show one if he really got 300hp.

It's like.... here, look at my low dyno numbers. But yah, I'm keeping my big dyno numbers to myself? I don't understand.
once again why i call bs...btw i have been around the boards for over a year now, i just needed a name change since i got a new car...
Old 10-07-2004

eklipz will become famous soon enough
yup...i call bs on catalyst. Honestly your selling a turbo kit...why would you not want your customer to see the potential they can get with the turbo....
Old 10-07-2004

JetBlu01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by guns
I dont realy use the VAFC2 for much. It helps you fine tune a little of you are on the rich side. If you are lean you will need to upgrade plugs. Methanol helps but it is more of a safety feature. I run IK24's two ranges colder than stock and have had no problems after a year on them. Come down to Houston and I will setup a meth system for you and we can go dyno tune. You just have to pay for the parts and the dyno. My labor is free. I love to see these little cars run.
I already have alcohol system...just gonna run meth instead I assume but I will get with you on that dyno tune...how soon from now...dont know yet...I'll have to see if I can get some time off from work...I'll let you know though