Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Got my DH intake manifold finaly! W/ PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004
Turbo Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
Got my DH intake manifold finaly! W/ PICS!!!

Well I got my DH intake manifold about 2 weeks ago. Lets just say that Im unimpressed and pissed off and well leave it at that. Im done bashing them, I just want my f*ck'n car to run and Ill be happy. Untill next year when I have a real shop build me a manifold.

Ok, heres the pics, note the fact that theres no hole drilled for map sensor Im about to put the manifold on the drill pres now and fix that. Keep in mind that theese pics were taken after I had it re-welded and bead blasted, although it did come bead blasted the first time. Oh and by the way the TSI injector plate cant be used w/ the DH TB

heres the pics:

Last edited by RiceBuRNeR; 08-18-2004 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-16-2004
Riceburners Bitch

blkdak99rt is an unknown quantity at this point
i must keep quiet too so................................................ ..............................<--insert remarks how you want them on the dotted line
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

mootlif3 is an unknown quantity at this point
At least you received SOMETHING. I figured the whole intake manifold thing was going to be a joke. This was a learning experience for me. Never ever will I make this mistake.
Old 08-16-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
wow, was it that bad? Pics?
Old 08-16-2004
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gearbox
wow, was it that bad? Pics?
Imagine an aluminum shoe box w/ 4 oval shaped runners and a flange..........I had it inspected by a local metal shop and he said he could have made me the same thing for $250.....
Old 08-16-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Omg! That's rediculous. So hard to find good work nowadays.
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
damn, DH racing needs to get shut down or something. Nothing but complaints from them now. Bad business
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

seijin_av is an unknown quantity at this point
ahhh good ol' DH pulls threw again!!!

talk to MadWheel
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=167766
Old 08-17-2004
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
how about a pic to see what it looks like???
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RiceBuRNeR
Well I got my DH intake manifold about 2 weeks ago. Lets just say that Im unimpressed and pissed off and well leave it at that. Im done bashing them, I just want my f*ck'n car to run and Ill be happy. Untill next year when I have a real shop build me a manifold.
didnt you know that they sucked from reading all this **** from along time ago? Or did you order your part before all this **** started?
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
yeah I def could build one of there's for that much. How much did you pay? if I can ask
Old 08-17-2004
Premium Member

I think he ordered it in January
Old 08-17-2004
Your Parts Guy

StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
Omg! That's rediculous. So hard to find good work nowadays.
Actually it's not, just gotta know where to look
Old 08-17-2004
Riceburners Bitch

well i dont think we ever had a pic of it b4 we took it to a local welding shop to get fixed since all the welds were pieces of **** that we could see light though most of them so it looks pretty now the local guy beadblasted it after he cleaned up all of his welds garrett can give you more info but i couldnt leave you all hanging
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
You should back-charge DH the amount of money it cost to fix the damn thing - that's rediculous.....fvck josh....
Old 08-17-2004
Riceburners Bitch

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
yeah I def could build one of there's for that much. How much did you pay? if I can ask

i dont know if he wants to tell you exactly how much he payed but lets just say way to much and the guy who fixed the welds offered to make him a better one this winter for a 1/4 of the price
Old 08-17-2004
Riceburners Bitch

I think he ordered it in January
it was earlier then that it was early december ill call him and get the exact time and edit
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
I can tell you that even at the same price it wont be good enough to work for him. even if he made it for free the amount of materials and time to do it right will be extremely costly. The stock mani flows pretty descent. you can get more out but it will take a lot of messing with. If anyone need tips on building talk to me lol I've built a few different designs for our cars so even if I don't know the best way to to it, I can tell you what doesnt work before you attempt it lol.
Old 08-17-2004
Riceburners Bitch

the problem wasnt the flow but the fact that it cant handle the boost pressure hes making
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

trust me with thier manifolds the flow isnt correct either hehe. nah for boosted cars its not as critical but i dunno how they get by with all this hacked stuff getting sold. not fair to hard working customers that wait patiently just to find out they got a pile of crap.
Old 08-17-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
thread is worthless without pics

another quality part from D.ickman Racing
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

I saw how they were making there other ones. Same design, poopy for our cars though.
Old 08-17-2004

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
I know someone here in florida that's selling his Venom intake / 62mm throttle body modified to fit our cars with RC 330 injectors and fuelrail for like $900.00

Anodized black (the color)
Old 08-17-2004
Registered!!

would be a sweet deal for someone thats boosted
Old 08-17-2004
Turbo Member

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
thread is worthless without pics

another quality part from D.ickman Racing

The pics will be up as soon as I give them to blkdak99rt......my comp is to f'd up to upload them.
Old 08-17-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
maybe they can give you a "spacer" and it will be all better. We'll see how it fits up
Old 08-18-2004
Turbo Member

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
maybe they can give you a "spacer" and it will be all better. We'll see how it fits up
LMFAO......damn that is a DH clasic.
Old 08-18-2004
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
I just saw the pic and I hate to say it but the KMS one looked better in quality.
I would expect this one to perform the same way. OK for boost tho.
Old 08-18-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
what shitty welds. u know with the money that people spend on these things, they could buy themselves a plane ticket and go to their shop with a bat and who knows what will happen after that
Old 08-18-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Wait a sec - I just saw those pictures. How much did you pay for this POS? All they did was weld the damn injector mounting plate to a freakin' airbox. What a load of crap....

I hope DH rots in hell for raping all of you guys over, wow....

Quick Reply: Got my DH intake manifold finaly! W/ PICS!!!