Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

is there any way to put an s2k motor in our cars?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
Question is there any way to put an s2k motor in our cars?

this very well may be impossible but me n my friend were hangin out talking bout hondas and what not, when he suggested that i should look into, and i got interested really quick. we think the only problem is would be fitting the motor in, but we thought move the firewall back a hair and do some more customs stuff on the interior, but wed have plenty of time to work out details cause i dont see and s2k drop outs falling from the sky. i just want to get some input from ppl who know alot more about cars than i do
oh btw, i drive a 2003 ex well thanks guys
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, anything's possible with the right funds, but you're gonna have bigger problems than "fitting the motor in."
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

Hwoody77 can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by mugenman
this very well may be impossible but me n my friend were hangin out talking bout hondas and what not, when he suggested that i should look into, and i got interested really quick. we think the only problem is would be fitting the motor in, but we thought move the firewall back a hair and do some more customs stuff on the interior, but wed have plenty of time to work out details cause i dont see and s2k drop outs falling from the sky. i just want to get some input from ppl who know alot more about cars than i do
oh btw, i drive a 2003 ex well thanks guys
Yea, that's the only custom work you'd have to do.

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!

You cna extend the firewall back and then you can probaly fit the whole drivetrain under there and then you'd have FWD 7thgen Civic...
Old 06-19-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
yeah i think the drive tran and rwd conversion and new axels, lsd, computer ect.... is gonna be the real pain
Old 06-20-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
yeah we figure the whole damn thing is gonna be 100% custom. but where theres a will theres a way. im really gonna see what i could do with this. cause as art said "thats superstreet material right there" lol
Old 06-20-2004
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
ummmm....Good luck.
Old 06-20-2004
Registered!!

Elite is an unknown quantity at this point
dude ur fking crazy its not worth it, for a few more ponies, just get the k20a jeeze, and slap on a hondata with the extra money and mod it. Jeeze the only difference is that it will be rwd.
Old 06-20-2004
Registered!!

Elite is an unknown quantity at this point
dude and you swear the engine will fit sideways in our car, and the tranny sticking out, unless u customize your dash or firewall, you'll have the tranny inside the car almost.
Old 06-20-2004
Banned

acjones20 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah man, its totally doable. My friends and I just dropped a murcielago V12 into my Vic, superstreet is coming over tomorrow with 8 scantily dressed asian minors to do a photo shoot, its the shizzle.

sorry, I just read these types of questions alot, and they amuse me.
Old 06-20-2004
Registered!!

NoSpleeny is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by acjones20
yeah man, its totally doable. My friends and I just dropped a murcielago V12 into my Vic, superstreet is coming over tomorrow with 8 scantily dressed asian minors to do a photo shoot, its the shizzle.

sorry, I just read these types of questions alot, and they amuse me.
haha.. 8 asian "minors"

hahahaha
Old 06-20-2004
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
lol that was funy
Old 06-20-2004
Banned

irishtemper has a spectacular aura aboutirishtemper has a spectacular aura about
If anyone has read the recent issue of performance auto and sound,pasmag.cpm, they have a 2003 civic with a NSX motor in it and it's rear wheel drive, 1/4 mile 6.68 seconds @ 211.79 mph,,,,,just a little bit more motor.
Old 06-20-2004
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
^ damn do u have a picture of that?
Old 06-20-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
That car was also built from the ground up. You don't have to worry about fitment or alignment issues because you are the one making the entire damn car.

Thats not the case here
Old 06-20-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
Ok lets just look at some of the things that you are going to need to do to make this possible.

You are going to have to cut out a large strip of metal out of the middle of the car and weld in some arch-shaped metal to make a passage for the drive shaft.

You'll have to have a custom exhaust made because now you have a driveshaft in the way of your old exhaust. This will also require you make a recess in the underside or the exhaust piping will hang too low. This alos requires mounting custom hangers for your custom exhaust

you are going to have to have a custon driveshaft made

You are going to have to cut out a large recess in the back to make room for the differental. And make some mounts so you can actually attach it, same goes with the drive shaft.

you'll need custom axles made

All those lines(fuel, electrical, parking brake) under your car will have to be moved

You alos are going to need to redo your fuel system

You'll have to set up your car for rear disc brakes.

You'll need to alter your rear suspension quite a bit

Since you've been cutting and drilling out a large part of the body, you now have the fun task of getting all your interior pieces to go back into place. Please note that you now have a large hump running down the middle of your car.

You'll need to somehow make more room in the engine bay, most likely buy cutting into the firewall and moving it or extending the front end and doing some custom body work, although neither is no easy task.

Since your hacked up your firewall, which will undoubtly affect your interior, you now have to make everything fit again.

Now that you have the room you need to fab up some motor mounts

Now your S2000 trans is going to require you to cut even more into you firewall.

Now you go make some mounts for the trans

Now thats youve got the engine,trans, diff, and drive shaft in. You need to SOMEHOW make the computer work, god only knows how you plan on doing that.

You also need to attach all your lines, fuel,coolant etc etc.

You've just realized that you vic raditor isn;t going to cut it, so now you have a custom raditor made to fint in whatever space you have left. And then you make mounts for the raditor

This is just the things I could think of. We all know that there will be hundreds of fitment issues

I think there is a reason why no one has even attempted this kind of swap
Old 06-20-2004
ish...

Jaykuai can only hope to improve
F20 with RWD conversion on a civic, has been done.. there were a lot of pics of a red hatch some time ago..

Now.. i know that some company makes a conversion kit for the F20 to make it FWD, in other words, smaller cable tranny.

and well the engine itself its not big.. as big as a K series, and it fits.

so F20 in a civic is "easy"... RWD conversion is not.
Old 06-20-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jaykuai
F20 with RWD conversion on a civic, has been done.. there were a lot of pics of a red hatch some time ago..

Now.. i know that some company makes a conversion kit for the F20 to make it FWD, in other words, smaller cable tranny.

and well the engine itself its not big.. as big as a K series, and it fits.

so F20 in a civic is "easy"... RWD conversion is not.

Was this a 7thGen??
Old 06-20-2004
Banned

irishtemper has a spectacular aura aboutirishtemper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Got Boost???
I think there is a reason why no one has even attempted this kind of swap
Because it is totally pointless, just buy an s2000. If you have the money and no life, i say go for it. And also like you said the NSX 2003 civic is all just a big frame with a honda civic body,,not an original body.The only car I would ever attempt to make rwd is a ford focus, the 2 door hatch, there is a kit for a 5.0 mustang engine and it is fast.
Old 06-20-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

jwcardy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by irishtemper
The only car I would ever attempt to make rwd is a ford focus, the 2 door hatch, there is a kit for a 5.0 mustang engine and it is fast.
and that kit, not including the car, costs over $60,000 bucks...saw that in sportcompact a couple months ago...

to me, it is pointless...the money that it would cost you to do that to a 7thgen, you could just go and buy an s2000, and the type of people that buy civics, dont normally have that kind of money, or they wouldnt have bout a 15,000 civic...just build the motor and boost it, or go with a k20 or k24 swap
Old 06-20-2004
ish...

Jaykuai can only hope to improve
i even think an AWD conversion would be "simpler"..

just room for the shaft.. instead of a hole tranny
Old 06-20-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by irishtemper
If anyone has read the recent issue of performance auto and sound,pasmag.cpm, they have a 2003 civic with a NSX motor in it and it's rear wheel drive, 1/4 mile 6.68 seconds @ 211.79 mph,,,,,just a little bit more motor.
it's not really a civic, i hope you know that.
Old 06-20-2004
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
ok, so once youve spent all this money doing your s2k conversion, you make it half way through your very first run when you realize "oh ****, the fuel line is too close to the exhaust" then boom...there goes your hopes and dreams. Just wanted to add some drama.
Old 06-21-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

hey thanks for all the input on it all, and your right goin wit the k20 motor would be the sensible thing to do, but theres still something appealing abut puttin the f20 in it. of course it doenst look like its worth all the trouble but its always an idea. well thanks alot for the info guys
Old 06-21-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
dam this thread got owned in a hurry
Old 06-21-2004
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
If you want an F20 so bad, get an F20B. It's from a 97-01 Honda Accord Si-R. And, since it's FWD, you shouldn't have to worry about doing any kind of conversion to RWD.
Old 06-21-2004
Banned

over $60,000 for the ford focus kit? I doubt it. You can build a whole cobra from FFR for less than that.
Old 06-21-2004
Banned

http://www.kugelkomponents.com/focus/focus.html
heres the link
Old 06-21-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
F20C1 + K20A Transmission + Custom Bell Housing + lots of other custom work = Transaxle drive. Prototype racing got one in a Lotus Elise this way.