Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

SF turbo kit Tracking number thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
canadian2k1si is on a distinguished road
Yeah, man. Please cool down - good things take time, and like Jet Said, kits are being delivered...just a little slow. Unless they have a particular reason not to send your kit, you should get it when the time comes. When did you order your's Ahtasham?
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
You don't need to sue them for fraud. You can ask for a refund if you don't feel like waiting anymore. I would still rather have my turbo at the moment, so I have no choice but to keep waiting.
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

truehonda has a spectacular aura abouttruehonda has a spectacular aura about
Ok even though he said not to tell I will -- JetBlue got his turbo kit and should be installing it today at 0800!!! I hope the same happens soon to the rest of you.
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
That still doesnt answer the fact of which kits will be shipping and where. Although its nice to see some progress, a light at the end of this LONG tunnel as it were. Once again Eddie thanks again for everything bro.
"TRUEhonda"
Old 05-28-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
All are delivered except for:

Mr. Jorge 1Z7Y475W0399431033

which isn't shipped yet...
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

What do you mean by "all", because there are several of us who have yet to receive ANY specific information regarding our kits.
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

player1002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dragoon
What do you mean by "all", because there are several of us who have yet to receive ANY specific information regarding our kits.
Mine was missing "essential pieces" so I can't put mine on yet. Hopefully that is resolved soon.
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

Hey player, what 'essential pieces' were you missing, the Turbo itself, or perhaps the directions?
Old 05-28-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Obviously if I was updating in the thread with the five tracking numbers that were posted, then I meant four out of the five were delivered....

Relax a little Dragoon....
Old 05-28-2004

JetBlu01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by player1002
Mine was missing "essential pieces" so I can't put mine on yet. Hopefully that is resolved soon.
no BOV

but he said he's overnighting it so I'll have it tomorrow...I'm almost done...just need the BOV and hook up the IC piping but thats not hard though....coming along nice...tomorrow I'll let u guys know how it runs

but I will say this...the box it came with...well lets just say....it looked like it was on that dude's back from that milk commercial where the guy rides a bike down a freaking hill/cliff and falls off and rolls about 20 feet and pops out a bottle of milk and drinks it....over than that...I'M SATISFIED

GO EDDIE AND SF
Old 05-28-2004
Registered!!

^^^^^^^

He said I'd have mine tomarrow too but we'll see. Mike never called me back like he said he would. And my box looked the same way.

Canadian2k1SI- Missing Bonnet, 1 nutrod, and turbo that was sent had no wastergate actuator on it.

Plus there wasn't a checklist in the box so I could be missing something else and not no it. I think I got everything else though.
Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

good thing there are a lot of us, maybe someone should create a VERY detailed check list of our own. Perhaps by someone that has received a full kit. Jet how does the kit look? The welds, the manifold the overall quality of the parts? Do they looked rushed or shotty?
Old 05-29-2004

Originally Posted by RedDragon333
good thing there are a lot of us, maybe someone should create a VERY detailed check list of our own. Perhaps by someone that has received a full kit. Jet how does the kit look? The welds, the manifold the overall quality of the parts? Do they looked rushed or shotty?
well there was a SMALL TINY pinhole in my downpipe but a couple minutes of the weld took care of that...I took pictures of it with my friends camera...i'll post it later....manifold looked good besides one of the holes was a tad bit not 100% oval...like 95% of it was oval but I dont think that should be a big deal...everything else looked good....no they DONT looked rushed and/or shitty....man its very simple install actually...everything just hooks right up and the directions help to a certain point...they either do the job 100% or point u in the right direction and one who knows little about cars can figure out the rest...overall I'm completely SATISFIED we should start around 10-11am today...we WILL be done today also...I'll keep you guys posted

could have finished yesterday if had the BOV but oh well...thats the way things go sometimes...I'll have it today so I aint complaining
Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

RedDragon - that is a good idea about the inventory sheet, I just assumed that it would have been included with the box of goodies. Is anybody willing to make up an inventory sheet? Best would be someone with a digital camera to take pics of the pieces too.
Old 05-29-2004

Originally Posted by Canadian2k1SI
RedDragon - that is a good idea about the inventory sheet, I just assumed that it would have been included with the box of goodies. Is anybody willing to make up an inventory sheet? Best would be someone with a digital camera to take pics of the pieces too.
well I cant do it...everything is on my car except BOV and piping
Old 05-29-2004

its coming no doubt
Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

Ahtasham is an unknown quantity at this point
You don't need to sue them for fraud. You can ask for a refund if you don't feel like waiting anymore. I would still rather have my turbo at the moment, so I have no choice but to keep waiting.
I already did ... but that was a month ago and was on different basis. But the answer was that "since they had already ordered my parts therefore there can be no refund....."

But if I dont see my kit shipped till mid June ..... I am definitely filing a case!
Old 05-29-2004

Originally Posted by Ahtasham

But if I dont see my kit shipped till mid June ..... I am definitely filing a case!

Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

JetBlu01 .... Dude I know the kit is gonna come some day and all the problems would be solved eventually. But my situation is a bit different. I had to SELL one of my two cars to pay for this kit (and other turbo related stuff like boost controller etc..) All my others friends already got their cars rolling with turbo kits and swaps on their 5th and 6th Gens. According to the time SF gave me, I should have been racing with them right now but all what I do is stand beside the road and watch them. And trust me, the feeling aint that good.
Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

So other than Blu01, anyone get theirs?? Two delivered, I only know of one.
Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

I know i didnt get mine. As far as pinholes in the manifold mine BETTER not have any problems. With the time frame we have been in there should be perfect welds on all pieces but only time will tell i guess.
Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by JetBlu01
Just because you got your kit does not mean other people can't complain about theirs. Also, we were promised these kits in 4-6 weeks, not 4-6 months. That alone is grounds for filing a case.

edit: if they're refusing to give you a refund, anyway

Last edited by dragoon; 05-29-2004 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
I know i didnt get mine. As far as pinholes in the manifold mine BETTER not have any problems. With the time frame we have been in there should be perfect welds on all pieces but only time will tell i guess.

You see my issues I had last time? From what I saw this time when I was at the shop, the quality of the welds looks better by far - the manifold was awesome, except the turbo flange needed to be milled flat because it was warped due to welding (just a note to everyone to check your flanges for trueness)...

According to Mike B (and the guys that I met while there) - they just hired an additional 2 guys, as compared to before (it was both mikes, and another guy, who left - so it was just mike and mike for a while - following still? Good!). So, I'm guessing that once the issues with the suppliers are straightened out things will go much smoother....

Yeah - guys, I know its hard to wait - especially when you see all of your friends on the board here boosting by you - but when I took a ride in Cat's car, man all I can say is that good things come to those who wait....Of course, there IS a limit....which than you take things into your own hands
Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

Hey Opto, you mentioned that you were at the shop before & the welds we not as good back then, how long ago was that? I am wondering because I bought someone's kit that had not finished paying for it, and it was a while ago still sitting in the box for months, perhaps I might have to inspect everything good when it arrives.

Still waiting paitiently like most others, but anticipating the fun ahead is exciting still.
Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

Man when I get my kit or should I say 'IF' I get my kit after all this wait and it comes with manufacturing faults from SF .... then they would really have to face some serious trouble.

Catalyst, where are you dude? and where the hell is my kit?
Old 05-29-2004

Just because you got your kit does not mean other people can't complain about theirs. Also, we were promised these kits in 4-6 weeks, not 4-6 months. That alone is grounds for filing a case.

edit: if they're refusing to give you a refund, anyway

true but I NEVER complained when I didnt have my kit...am I wrong Eddie?
Old 05-29-2004
Registered!!

I'll post pics of everything once I get everything. Looks like install waits til next weekend.
Old 05-29-2004

almost done...just need to install the BOV and oil feed line
Old 05-30-2004

DONE...TURBO INSTALLED....gonna set my boost controller tomorrow and hook up the turbo timer and thats a WRAP....BIG BIG BIG THANX TO SAMARI and SF and Eddie especially....oh yeah it feels good on 5psi but I'm new booty so that might just be me
Old 05-30-2004
Registered!!

Excellent, I wanna do a freagin meet when ya'll get one.

Quick Reply: SF turbo kit Tracking number thread