Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Fuel injector testing fund - help determine if the K24 is worth the money!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004
Your Parts Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by opto_isolator
Hopefully later today....
Excuses excuses....
Old 05-05-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Well guys, I received word from Mirage regarding the flow test of the K24 CRV injector.....Needless to say I'm disappointed!

Here is the PM I received:

The base fuel flow on the sample injector @ 43.5 PSI is 273 cc/min. The flows measured at different pressures are below. Using 43.5 as a base and the standard pressure change equation (new flow rate = sgrt(new press/old press) * old flow rate), the flow rates measured as a function of change in fuel pressure fits the theoretical flow rates pretty well:

Test Press Measured Theoretical
40 PSI 256cc/min 262cc/min
43.5 PSI 273 cc/min 273cc/min
45 PSI 280 cc/min 278cc/min
50 PSI 295 cc/min 293cc/min
60 PSI 322 cc/min 320cc/min
Fairly disappointing, huh? It looks as if the K20, ala RSX type S injectors are the largest to be tested to date. I myself will probably get some of those to tide me over (they should be good for around 200hp at 43 PSI if Honda did their math correctly). Other injectors that are still available to test include:

2003+ Honda Accord
2004+ TSX

I know these are the same 'style' injectors as the K20 and K24 use (the TSX actually is a K24, but with different HP ratings than the CRV) - so they may be another viable solution. Unfortunately I'm not going to fit the bill again to test them (I only received about $15 in donations from a few grateful members, plus free testing from Mirage - THANKS AGAIN GUYS for helping out!!).
Old 05-05-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
Now for the install.....
Old 05-05-2004
Registered!!

HondaCivicJosh is an unknown quantity at this point
rsx injectors

so the rsx injectors will fit and flow what 320cc? what mods are needed to make them fit. thanks!!!
Old 05-06-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by opto_isolator
Well guys, I received word from Mirage regarding the flow test of the K24 CRV injector.....Needless to say I'm disappointed!

Here is the PM I received:

Fairly disappointing, huh? It looks as if the K20, ala RSX type S injectors are the largest to be tested to date. I myself will probably get some of those to tide me over (they should be good for around 200hp at 43 PSI if Honda did their math correctly). Other injectors that are still available to test include:

2003+ Honda Accord
2004+ TSX

I know these are the same 'style' injectors as the K20 and K24 use (the TSX actually is a K24, but with different HP ratings than the CRV) - so they may be another viable solution. Unfortunately I'm not going to fit the bill again to test them (I only received about $15 in donations from a few grateful members, plus free testing from Mirage - THANKS AGAIN GUYS for helping out!!).
Opto,

PM me, we'll talk about getting you one free RSX injector or something. Ok? I want to help the cause.
Old 05-06-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
I just want to know how to install them. LoL.
Old 05-06-2004
Registered!!

HondaCivicJosh is an unknown quantity at this point
one question

i know i probably missed this somewhere but is there anything
special that i need to do to make the k20 injectors fit? i just dont wanna order them and not beable to use them. thanks!
Old 05-06-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
I've PMed you josh, however - I plan on trying to test if things fit this weekend sometime if I get the injector back from Mirage. At this point the only thing I forsee a problem with are the mounting studs on the intake manifold being too short - they will probably need to be modified.
Old 05-06-2004
Registered!!

Ok - I was bored tonight so I started to play around with my spare intake manifold. To fix the stud length issue here is what you need to do.

Where the fuel rail mounts to the intake manifold, take some channel locks and CAREFULLY unscrew the studs which are mounted in the metal spacer of the manfold.

With a little effort they will come out. I went down to my local lowes store (better than home depot if you ask me - they have a LOT more hardware there!) and bought some M6x1.00x40mm stainless steel cap screws (their actually bolts). The 40mm length ones should work, in fact you may have to cut them (I won't know for sure until I can test fit the injectors). The other thing you'll need are nylon spacers. I bought a pack of 5/8 x 1/4 x 3/8 spacers, and I think they will fit perfectly. If not, get some longer ones and cut them down if necessary. Oh yeah - don't forget to use locktite if you do this, as the bolts may come loose.

Old 05-06-2004
Registered!!

Mirage is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Opto, The injector is on it's way back. You should see it in a few days.