Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Fuel injector testing fund - help determine if the K24 is worth the money!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004
Post Whore General

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
I donated $5.

Lets see this work!! Woohoo!
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

HondaCivicJosh is an unknown quantity at this point
send me paypal name

email ur paypal account name to me at importdriver84 so i can
remember to give you 5$!
Old 04-25-2004
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Any updates?
Old 04-25-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
For real, i want some results LoL.
Old 04-25-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
I know - so do I....I just ordered the injector this past Wed, so hopefully it will be here tomorrow. Once it comes I'll measure it and see what the deal with fitting is (and take / post pictures). Than I'll send it off to be tested.....
Old 04-25-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Sweet, can't wait
Old 04-26-2004
Post Whore General

They come in today? Looking forward to finding everything out. Woohoo!!
Old 04-26-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Jodster
They come in today? Looking forward to finding everything out. Woohoo!!

Unfortunately it didn't show up today.....It was coming from Cali, I'm in FL, don't know what method they shipped - he said I should have it in 3-5 days. If I don't get it by Wed I'll call and find out what the deal is....I hate UPS....
Old 04-28-2004
Registered!!

So guys, I received the injector yesterday. It looks pretty much as I expected (almost identical to the RSX injector). The length for the total injector is around 2.7", which is .7" longer in its TOTAL length than the civic injector. The actual length compared to that from a B18 (integra) is about .7" shorter than the B18 injector. It fits both the intake manifold and stock fuel rail with no problems. I am not 100% sure of the clearance issues with the TPS yet, as I tested it with an intake manifold I bought off of ebay. As far as pictures, I moved yesterday too, so I don't have any yet. I will take some tonight and see about sending it off as well. There is a new member on the site (mirage) who says he can flow test it for free, which is a good thing. He said he has flow tested some RSX injectors, which came out to around 330ccs average, and the stock D17 injectors, which came out to be around 220ccs average. I'm crossing my fingers that this thing is at least 330, if not larger.....I'd be on cloud 9 if it was around 370.....not sure though.

Anyhow, you should see some photos tonight!
Old 04-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Cool opto. Lemme know if you need anymore help....
Old 04-28-2004
Registered!!

Ok guys - here are the photos:

As you can see from the last photo - the K20, and K24 injectors will stick through the D17 intake manifold, as I suspected. I think the K20/24 has a thicker intake boss. The only thing this is going to do is cause more turbulance for the entering air, possibly helping mix the air and fuel better.

The next step is flow testing!
Old 04-28-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
tight. cant wait to see the results man.
Old 04-28-2004

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
btw, what car is this from? i know you said the crv, but which model level of the crv and is it from the awd or fwd and auto or 5-speed?
Old 04-28-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

jwcardy is on a distinguished road
eewwwwww i cant wait...
Old 04-28-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by abmerop18
btw, what car is this from? i know you said the crv, but which model level of the crv and is it from the awd or fwd and auto or 5-speed?
From a 2002+ CRV. It doesn't matter which one, they are all the K24 engine....
Old 04-28-2004

wouldnt the mt and at have different flow rates for the injectors? i know the previous tegs did...
Old 04-28-2004
Registered!!

Don't think they would - According to hondaautomotiveparts.com they all use the same P/N.....same injector. The RSX and RSX-S DO have different P/N's, most likely the S injectors are larger (330ccs) because they make more power.....
Old 04-28-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Opto, I'm an ***.. I never met up wtih my friend to send you the 5 dollars.. accept my apology and when I can meet up with him i'll transfer you 10 asap.
Old 04-29-2004
Registered!!

OK - this morning I went out to the car before work to visually inspect the clearance betwen the TPS and fuel rail. It appears (using my spare fuel rail / intake manifold assembly) that the clearance is going to be tight. It looks as it might just fit. One thing is for sure, the studs on the intake manifold are too short, and will need to be replaced, otherwise you will not be able to bolt the fuel rail to it. I just want everyone to be aware of this....

As far as folks who have helped me out, thanks.....Those of you who say they will - whenever you have a chance please feel free to send me a donation.

I plan on sending this injector out to Mirage within the next day or so. Hopefully we will have results by next week!
Old 04-29-2004
Post Whore General

Woohoo!! Sounds good.

So really the only thing that is needed is longer bolts for the fuel rail?
Old 04-29-2004

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
As of 10 o'clock tonight you will have 5 dollars sent to your Paypal account, Opto.. sorry it took so long.

Please accept my apology..

And good luck with everything.
Old 04-30-2004
Registered!!

Mirage is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by opto_isolator
...I plan on sending this injector out to Mirage within the next day or so. Hopefully we will have results by next week!
Let me know when you send it.
Old 04-30-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by Mirage
Let me know when you send it.
Just sent it last night, priority mail....hopefully you see it either Sat or Mon!
Old 04-30-2004

Opto, did you recieve your money? Just making sure if you did, a friend sent it for me because I don't have paypal.
Old 04-30-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by RiceRocketeer
Opto, did you recieve your money? Just making sure if you did, a friend sent it for me because I don't have paypal.
Nothing yet...
Old 05-01-2004
Registered!!

Whomever paypaled me with a credit card - I can't accept credit card payments as I have a free account.....If you can't send cash via your bank account than don't worry about it....
Old 05-01-2004

Ok, sorry Opto, i'll be setting up one after I start getting a cash flow in.. I apoloize for the inconvience.
Old 05-04-2004
Premium Member

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
ok well I donated?!?!?!?!? Where are the results!
Old 05-05-2004
Your Parts Guy

StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Project2k2
ok well I donated?!?!?!?!? Where are the results!
Me too!
Old 05-05-2004
Registered!!

Hopefully later today....

Quick Reply: Fuel injector testing fund - help determine if the K24 is worth the money!