Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

andyman (SF) vs. zinkyroo (maxrev)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
No, we're not coloradians
Least of all, me. I'm from Louisiana so that would make me a Louisianian. People in Colorado call themselves Coloradoans. Oh, btw, it's not the headgasket, I dono if Mike told you, it ended up being the thermostat, so now all I have to do is find a damned radiator cap that will fit

And the race is still on as far as I'm concerned, although I already know it's going to take him awhile if he can ever get that pos kit to fit
Old 08-20-2003
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Power to the Louisianian people. Hows the turbo? Andy, you have a ex, right? Ill race you when I get a chance to get my kit. But it will be SF vs SF. Unless I go custom. By that time you will be pulling boost in the teens. Hows Z's kit coming? Any word?
Old 08-20-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
andy's getting hit up for races in a town where street racing is equivalent to mass murder...
Old 08-20-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by iamboo
andy's getting hit up for races in a town where street racing is equivalent to mass murder...
No doubt, they had ghetto birds following two of my friends last weekend when sfpower and catalyst were here, shees

Green, my civic is a dx. You'd better get all of the goodies on that kit if you wanna keep up
Old 08-20-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
That was funny. As soon as they launched the spotlights chased them. Thats awesome.

Did you ever find out if they got caught?
Old 08-20-2003
Turbo Guru

Originally posted by Catalyst
That was funny. As soon as they launched the spotlights chased them. Thats awesome.

Did you ever find out if they got caught?
Nah, they got away.
Old 08-22-2003
Registered!!

detoX is an unknown quantity at this point
is this still gonna hapen or what???!
Old 08-22-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by detoX
is this still gonna hapen or what???!
Ya man thats what Im sayin, this thread is going nowhere
Old 08-22-2003
Turbo Guru

I'm waiting on zinkyroo. I'll race whenever, doesn't matter to me, I ain't skurred.
Old 08-22-2003
Registered!!

hows the car andyman97?
Old 08-22-2003
Turbo Guru

Originally posted by detoX
hows the car andyman97?
It was fast for about 2 hrs, lol. I blew a headgasket. What happened was...I didn't tuck the egt gauge wire away well enough, so it caught the radiator fan, caused the engine to overheat which I wasn't watching and blew the headgasket. I'm pulling the head when I get off of work tonight and tomorrow I'll be taking the head in to have it checked out and I'll be replacing the gasket and putting the head back on when I get it back.
Old 08-22-2003
Registered!!

lol
Old 08-22-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about

Do I hear a PnP job coming?

Old 08-22-2003
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
Originally posted by andyman97
It was fast for about 2 hrs, lol. I blew a headgasket. What happened was...I didn't tuck the egt gauge wire away well enough, so it caught the radiator fan, caused the engine to overheat which I wasn't watching and blew the headgasket. I'm pulling the head when I get off of work tonight and tomorrow I'll be taking the head in to have it checked out and I'll be replacing the gasket and putting the head back on when I get it back.

You people gotta stop blowing up your engines lol. That sucks though. But it's better than a hole in the block.

Last edited by Boosted2k2; 08-22-2003 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-22-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
zinkyroo wins LMFAO
Old 08-22-2003
Turbo Guru

Originally posted by Diemos
zinkyroo wins LMFAO
Dude, don't be stupid.

And a blown headgasket is far from a blown engine, come on.
Old 08-23-2003
Registered!!

criminal is an unknown quantity at this point
this andy guy just talks a bunch of **** and says he aint scared...come on man your talkin about runnin 13s u talk like u could run 9s or somethin....im sure the sf kit is awesome but your still just gonna be quick
Old 08-23-2003
cool beans

zinkyroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Diemos
zinkyroo wins LMFAO
lol...well heres an update. I recieved the new parts from max rev, except for the e-manage which was backordered. I returned the Mf2 and injectors to amx rev (which they had no problem accepting) and I had them order me an e-manage and four 440cc injectors. Hopefully the e-manage and injectors will be in next week and then i will begin tuning.
Old 08-23-2003
Turbo Guru

OMG, don't talk any **** at all.....just by calling someone out meanns you think you run 9's... lease:
Old 08-23-2003
Turbo Guru

Anyways, the head is off. All I need to do now is take it into a machine shop and se8e if it's warped (which it probably is) and have it resurfaced....no biggie. The new headgasket should be here tomorrow and whenever I can get the head done next week, the car will be up and running that day.

Zinkyroo, did you talk to n318z? He basically tried running larger injectors on an safc. I don't know enough about the emanage to say but he ran into problems at idle.....apparently he was running way too much fuel because of the larger injectors and couldn't tune enough fuel out of them. I'd talk to him before I went that route.....just a heads up.

Last edited by andyman97; 08-23-2003 at 05:18 AM.
Old 08-23-2003
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Boosted2k2
You people gotta stop blowing up your engines lol. That sucks though. But it's better than a hole in the block.

lol shut up j/p hahah yea u guys dont want a hole like what i have...
Old 08-23-2003
cool beans

Anyways, the head is off. All I need to do now is take it into a machine shop and se8e if it's warped (which it probably is) and have it resurfaced....no biggie. The new headgasket should be here tomorrow and whenever I can get the head done next week, the car will be up and running that day.

Zinkyroo, did you talk to n318z? He basically tried running larger injectors on an safc. I don't know enough about the emanage to say but he ran into problems at idle.....apparently he was running way too much fuel because of the larger injectors and couldn't tune enough fuel out of them. I'd talk to him before I went that route.....just a heads up.
The E-manage is way more tuneable and has way more options on it then the SAFC. And my shop is all about the E-Manage and they said it would be just fine.
Old 08-23-2003
Turbo Guru

Originally posted by zinkyroo
The E-manage is way more tuneable and has way more options on it then the SAFC. And my shop is all about the E-Manage and they said it would be just fine.
Ok, doesn't make sense to me but what I want to know is how, with such big injectors, you'll be able to idle smoothly when you aren't able to dial down fuel pressure. I mean, do you understand how this is going to work? Do yourself a favor and research it if you don't understand it.
Old 08-23-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
duty cycle
Old 08-24-2003
cool beans

Ok, doesn't make sense to me but what I want to know is how, with such big injectors, you'll be able to idle smoothly when you aren't able to dial down fuel pressure. I mean, do you understand how this is going to work? Do yourself a favor and research it if you don't understand it.
Its called injector pulsing...The E-manage allows you to control the pulsing of the injectors which allows how much fuel is put in at idle. Also the E-manage can be tuned down to 500 RPMS allowing the correct amount of fuel put in at idle, unlike the SAFC 1000 rpm increments.
Old 08-24-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
The SAFC II starts at 1000 rpm and goes in 200 rpm intervals. The Emanage starts at 500 rpm and also has pre-programmed fuel maps for different displacements with different injectors (if im not mistaken)
Old 08-24-2003
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
I believe that is correct. The E-magage can actually make predefined maps according to your upgrades - basically adding a certain percent from stock.
Old 08-25-2003

Originally posted by Catalyst
The SAFC II starts at 1000 rpm and goes in 200 rpm intervals. The Emanage starts at 500 rpm and also has pre-programmed fuel maps for different displacements with different injectors (if im not mistaken)
E-manage owns the SAFC.... and the SAFC is more expensive. As far as pre-programmed:

Even if you don't touch a fuel map at all, and just add larger injectors, it creates a factor and the whole fuel map gets adjusted automatically to compensate the change in pulsing and fuel.

I'll add some screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	setup.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	7862  
Old 08-25-2003
Turbo Guru

Well, I am putting the head back on tonight after I pick it up from the machine shop. There is an IDRC import drag race challenge at bandimere speedway on September 7th. I'll be there. Hopefully so will zinky. There's no way I can line up with him being it's such a big event but I'll have my timeslip.
Old 08-25-2003

Airflow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	afadj copy.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	7864  

Quick Reply: andyman (SF) vs. zinkyroo (maxrev)