Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Where Does The Battery Go????

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThomasH is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where Does The Battery Go????

I have read through umpteen different write-ups on engine swaps. Seen hundreds of pictures. Read through hundreds of threads on 10 different forums, but for the life of me I can't seem to find out where the battery is. I have a K20 engine that is going into my '02 Civic EX. From the pictures I have seen the battery is no longer in the stock location because of interference with the accessory belt drive system and I can't see where the battery is relocated to. Can anybody shed some light on where the battery is located after the swap?

Thomas
Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where Does The Battery Go????

most commonly, everyone relocates the battery to the trunk. because there is no more room, and also some say it helps the handling characteristics of the car, by splitting the front and rear weight of the car more evenly.
Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

the trunk.
Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

7thgenMugen is an unknown quantity at this point

trunk FTW!
Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

huntinghonda27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't just go sticking it in the trunk withiut a good quality battery box and gas ventilation setup. That keeps it safe.
Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

ThomasH is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys...Trunk it is...
Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

supafil25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ThomasH
I have read through umpteen different write-ups on engine swaps. Seen hundreds of pictures. Read through hundreds of threads on 10 different forums, but for the life of me I can't seem to find out where the battery is. I have a K20 engine that is going into my '02 Civic EX. From the pictures I have seen the battery is no longer in the stock location because of interference with the accessory belt drive system and I can't see where the battery is relocated to. Can anybody shed some light on where the battery is located after the swap?

Thomas
lol ya a 8 lbs battery moved to the trunk will really help with weight distribution lol
Old 10-29-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

what about the opposite side of the engine bay?
Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

sethro is an unknown quantity at this point

BMW also does this, they have relocated the battery for the fleet in the trunk. They boast a 50:50 weight distribution.
Old 10-29-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Every pound helps... think about a teeder-todder, or is it called a sea saw? If you put 1lb near the end of the board it will have more effect on the angle as if it was placed dead center... come on... this is like physics 095, lol... not even 101
Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

EM2MAGMET914 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by TRIZ
... come on... this is like physics 095, lol... not even 101

and yea so many ppl swear their car handles better cuz battery is in the trunk but um wow how much of a diff can a batt make?!? now if u moved engine to trunk?...hmmzzz..maybe someone should work on a RFD conversion? hehe rear engine front wheel drive?! or maybe justmake it RWD while ur at it!
Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

yeah.. that seems feasible... or you could just buy an nsx... or an mr2, those are way cheaper
Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

eknibbler can only hope to improve

Just go find that guy that put a corvette LS1 and chassis into their civic. There is a real wheel drive for you. Better not try to turn anywhere fast. BTW, I saw it on Youtube.
Old 10-31-2008
Registered!!

supafil25 will become famous soon enough

im pretty sure that you would want more weight up front if you want better traction?? since were fwd and all<== thats what my tires do
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

Fox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond repute

If you guys are worried about weight distribution in the cars then start losing it yourselves... leave your cell phones at home and take a crap everytime you want to go fast in your car. but as for taking the padding out of your seats and stripping the dash... i think i'll keep mine.
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

eknibbler can only hope to improve

I couldn't give a **** less about weight reduction. Build up your engine slap a good turbo on it and you'll kick *** with three 240 lb guys sitting in it. Get to keep all the interior or whatever else you would like to in your car. I beat a WS6 with 3 of my friends riding with me without any problems.
Old 11-13-2008
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice

people also put it on the oppisite side on the subframe. I am going to try to make a rsx battery tray work for a stock look.
Old 11-13-2008
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about

trunk....BUT put it on the passenger side!!!! so it will even out the car when U seat on the driver side!!!!
Old 11-13-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

i put mine on the subframe on the opposite side for my swap using the stock battery tray...just modified

Old 11-13-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by djmota
people also put it on the oppisite side on the subframe. I am going to try to make a rsx battery tray work for a stock look.
people? i thought i was the only one
Old 11-13-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

my weight distribution is like 80F/20R

i literally have a fully gutted rear...running 1/2 a tank of gas at most...

every time i canyon run and take a hard turn, it looks like my rear drifting as if it was RWD.....its pretty funny
Old 11-25-2008
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice

Originally Posted by sniperscout
people? i thought i was the only one
one of the few. i got my swap in but unfortunatly th on the subframe idea went out the window. my injen cai is taking up that space. i'm going to make a custom battery mount to float it just to the left of the drivers side black hasport mount. i'll have to run a braille battery.
Old 11-26-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by djmota
one of the few. i got my swap in but unfortunatly th on the subframe idea went out the window. my injen cai is taking up that space. i'm going to make a custom battery mount to float it just to the left of the drivers side black hasport mount. i'll have to run a braille battery.
what did you swap with? and are you running a RBC?
Old 11-27-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

^^^^hey arent you on k20a.org? is your swap finished yet? And whats this about drivetofast being a horrible mechanic lol
Old 11-27-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
^^^^hey arent you on k20a.org? is your swap finished yet? And whats this about drivetofast being a horrible mechanic lol
talk about being off topic
Old 11-27-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
yes i'm from k20a.org. Yes my swap has been finished for a while not. Just wanted to upgrade to an RBC and wanted to know how much modification needed to be done to the current injen CAI to make it work.

if you really want to know why drivetoofast is a bad mechanic, pm me if you really want to know..