Bike Or Teh swap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005
Desperate Custom Swapper Speed Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtecd17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bike Or Teh swap?

I'ma have like 8G's soon to dump into whatever, Im thinking either honda CBR600RR or dump for a k20A3 or A2 motor.....Which would ya'll do?
Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

noVICe is an unknown quantity at this point
just save it, even though itll be pretty kik *** to have either one of those. youll be better off saving that.
Old 07-11-2005
A03
Registered!!

A03 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would have to agree. Save it!

If it was going to be spent for sure on transportation, I'd be looking to move up to another class of car. I'd go test drive some things, like a WRX, SRT-4, RSX and possibly TSX if still within your budget and appeals to you.

I've had a 95 F3 and they are fun toys. I had a blast with it, but got bored with after a few years and sold it. I planned to move up to a new R6, but never made the move. I miss it, but not enough to part with the cash for another one. Money is power, the more you have the better you'll feel.. unless you're a guy who makes lots and has a lot you're already sitting on, you'll enjoy that feeling of having a chunk in the bank. The more it builds, the less you'll want to go blow it because it takes so long to build. Eventually you can pick yourself out a nice new house, or that fancy new acura.. whatever you need/want in your life.
Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
save that ****... worth saving, im sure it took a while to save up.
Old 07-11-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

shmik1 has disabled reputation
I usually dont mind spending money if I still have plenty left over, so I'd let it double then once ur there decide if u wanna spend 1/2 of it.
Old 07-11-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yes save altho my first response was swap swap swap!
Old 07-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
don't listen to all these group thinkers! have fun with it, you can just earn more money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i used to be a saver, but i have a lot more fun now. and i'll buy a house next year anyways, if you have great credit it's almost like cash!
Old 07-12-2005

i know bout the save save, i've been saving in a special account to blow into something for a year...haha, I'm thinking that 600RR would look pretty next to my em2, and who knows, maybe in another year that swap will be done
Old 07-12-2005
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
there are better investments than car stuff...just save your $ for bigger and better things than our vics...but if you must...whatever

personally i wouldnt invest it into something (i.e. get a CD/into savings, Investment Property etc..) that doesnt depreciate at all, let alone cars or aftermarket stuff (resale value is horrible)

yes yes i modify my vic too, but not all out cause its just a daily driver

Last edited by Boost_Junkie; 07-12-2005 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-15-2005
Registered!!

ren808 is on a distinguished road
600 is way to small of a bike; if its your first bike start with a 750. trust me youll get bored of that smallasss 600 its like a 1.7 peiceofshi.it
theres a shop that sells used bike that are already hooked up im talkin about extended crome frames with wheels to match its on south cicero around 147th i think.

your better off saving it and buy a better car civics really suck i regret buying mine...should have bought a subaru
noone respects civic you gotta have 8k to get respect even then once you spend it you car still isnt worth crap your lucky if you get 12k with a k20
id buy a hooked up 240 with a sr20det or a "RB25DET" swap if your lucky thats fun!!!!
Old 07-15-2005
A03
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ren808
600 is way to small of a bike; if its your first bike start with a 750. trust me youll get bored of that smallasss 600 its like a 1.7 peiceofshi.it
theres a shop that sells used bike that are already hooked up im talkin about extended crome frames with wheels to match its on south cicero around 147th i think.

your better off saving it and buy a better car civics really suck i regret buying mine...should have bought a subaru
noone respects civic you gotta have 8k to get respect even then once you spend it you car still isnt worth crap your lucky if you get 12k with a k20
id buy a hooked up 240 with a sr20det or a "RB25DET" swap if your lucky thats fun!!!!
I would not take this guys advice on getting a 750 or larger for your first bike. He has probably never owned a modern sportbike, since he says you'll get bored right away on a 600 because they are slow. Let me tell you, 600's are NOT slow by any means. If you are a normal sized guy, I'd say normal is between 170-220 pounds a new 600 will be flyin. I had a F3 which is older, heavier and less HP than the current bikes and it was FAST. There are not many cars on the road that would be able to give a bike like that a good run. The new stuff is much better yet.

A 600cc bike like the RR is an inline 4 layout, like our cars. In the bikes, they don't make power until higher RPM bands.. (like our cars again). The only reason I am saying this is because if you happen to be a little heavy, then you MIGHT consider getting a liter bike or a twin rather than an inline4. If you're in the 300 pound + range, a 600 may somewhat struggle just a little bit until it gets into it's rpm range where the power begins.

The bike shop he is talking about is called Speed Limit Cycle. They sell mainly salvage bikes, ones that have been wrecked and have gotten a salvage title. The shop rebuilds the bikes, chromes some parts usually and has a pretty good painter throw on some nice paint. They look fancy and bling-bling, but in all honesty you are better off buying a brand new bike if you plan to use it as anything more than a stunt pile. I know that shop, and the parts dept is fantastic if you talk to the right guy (Mike).. they take good care of the customers and will give good prices on parts, and can get just about anything. The shop has some good techs, nice people.... ect. but you're better off buying your bike new if you can afford it. That way you don't have to worry about any tiny hidden problems or defects. Tiny defects mean a lot when it might be the difference between a bad scare, or your body + the bike sliding across the pavement. Some bikes will be fixed right, some will have shortcuts or missed problems. Why take the chance, when your health is whats on the line?

He says the 600 is like a POS 1.7L.

I'd say more realstically, the 600RR is like a new Z06 corvette with a 16yr old driver. The 1000RR is kinda like a Lingenfelter TT vette. Both are friggin fast, one is just more fast. Both can be safe if you can keep a level head and ride within your skill level. Both can get you wrecked or dead really fast if push too far outside of your ability.
Old 07-17-2005

REN808 DONT EVER POST HERE AGAIN!

****ing, 750 for a first bike, YOUR INSANE! IM INSANE for even wanting a 600 for a first bike, and I only weigh bout 140, so i'll be flying.

haha, But I'ma save another season, till next year, and just outright buy the RR i think...Then its on to saving for whatever till college is done...(mwhah, i might get into modding bikes now)

Thanks for advice to those who arent ren808
Old 07-17-2005
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by vtecd17

****ing, 750 for a first bike, YOUR INSANE! IM INSANE for even wanting a 600 for a first bike, and I only weigh bout 140, so i'll be flying.

haha, But I'ma save another season, till next year, and just outright buy the RR i think...Then its on to saving for whatever till college is done...(mwhah, i might get into modding bikes now)

Well he isnt completley wrong. I would say buy a **** *** salvage 600 get used to it. Then dump your money into a nice 750-1,000. The reason why I say this is because I know 3 kids off the top of my head that got 600's for there 1st bike and they all say the same thing. YES they are fast but they all wished they got a bigger bike.
Old 07-18-2005
A03
Registered!!

Thats another thing I forgot to mention. If you buy your bike in cash, you will pay less for your insurance than if you had exactly the same bike with a loan out on it. I'm not sure why, but it's true. Be sure to check your rates before buying the bike too. I am older now, so it's not so bad for me but at 18, full coverage insurance on a new R1 would have been 4300 per year if I had taken out a loan on it. LOL. I was stupid at first and wanted an R1... Once I learned about the insurance, I came down to earth and found somthing I could buy in cash that was super clean, low mileage and I knew the previous owner.. she never beat it up or crashed it, so I was okay with the used bike in that case since I knew how it had been treated.
Old 07-19-2005
Registered!!

you asked for advice and i gave you advice based on my personal experience you should really educate yourself instead of relying on advice of strangers you mindless fool
Old 07-22-2005

F U C K you bitch
Old 07-22-2005
A03
Registered!!

fight! fight! fight!

Internet fighting makes you so cool. Then, once you finish you can go do some internet dating. The next day you can tell all your pals how you kicked some punks *** last night, and then scored a threesome with some hot babes. (online)

C'mon bro, everyone has different opinions. No need to get all upset on an internet forum. Anyway, you might end up meeting this guy at one of the group meets.. you said you were, what.. 140lbs? Don't get yourself an enemy/get yourself stomped over somthing so stupid. Real life aint like high school.
Old 07-26-2005
Registered!!

amen brother....peace and chicken grease
Old 07-27-2005

...boards don't hit back....
Old 07-27-2005

N I'm not picking fights, i like chicken, and if I had the money I would prob get mysefl a 750, but i'm stuck up and wont settle for a used bike...so yea..fish and chips....side of beans..