Looking for a shop to install SF Turbo in Houston.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004
Skyline R33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for a shop to install SF Turbo in Houston.

I noticed there a a couple of other people from h-town who recently ordered kits from SF. Have any of you guys found a shop to insall your kits or do you plan to DIY? I think I can install it myself just dont want to have to put the car on jacks to pull the oil pan and I am also not sure about tuning. I would have know idea if I am running too lean and end up blowing up my engine

I checked at Hyper racing on the south side and they had no idea how to run alch. injection. They also said, I should buy Greddy bolt on kit for my car, which they dont even make. So to be nice I wont comment on that just in case I need their help one day.

This weekend I hung out w/ Stage 7 at Speed Fetish, they estimated 8-10hrs of labor at $60 an hour plus at least one full day of tuning at $60 an hour. That adds up to too much. Ouch

Does any one turbo'd or not have any sugestions for help?

Stafford Fabrications claims 4 hours for the install and charges $300 for labor. I can pay that no problem. I think I might have to look on Southwest Air and get supersaver flight $195 round trip from LA to Houston and fly them down for the day. At least that will only be $500 total plus lunch.....

Any sugestions are would be a big help..

Also, sre there are any DIY guys who could help me with the install if I cant find a shop? I would pay someone $50, a case of beer and lunch if they can help a brother out on the DIY..... I could pay more based on experience....Sometimes two heads are better than one and will probably need help on the install if I do it myself..

Also for the other guys ordering a SF kit, if you help me on my install I will return the favor when yours comes in..

Give it a thought and thanks for the support.
Old 02-23-2004
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
Well me and a friend are planning on doing it very soon in fact ive already joined the groupbuy from Truehonda so maybe we can see about helping you. PS dont ever try Hyper, Andys a d!ck and they dont know much about our cars. Speaking of which are you on the southside, i used to go to Hyper all the time.
Old 02-23-2004
Skyline R33

Originally posted by RedDragon333
Well me and a friend are planning on doing it very soon in fact ive already joined the groupbuy from Truehonda so maybe we can see about helping you. PS dont ever try Hyper, Andys a d!ck and they dont know much about our cars. Speaking of which are you on the southside, i used to go to Hyper all the time.
I live near Hyper. I felt it was better not to flame them , but when your right your right.

I was on the Truhonda group buy w/ you guys and then found a used SF kit only a couple of months old w/ all the upgrades and for a better price. The guy has new baby and needed the cash so I helped a brother out and got a great deal in return. My kit is in the air as we speak. The only thing I need/want is the weld less oil pan tap from SF and their offical install instructions. I have sent them a couple of emails w/ no reply form them. I am sure they are real busy makeing all your kits.

What part of town are you guys in?
Old 02-23-2004
Registered!!

IM in Pasadena, about 7 mins from Hyper. Airport turns into College st then to Spencer and i live off of Spencer.
Old 02-23-2004
Skyline R33

I live real close to you then. When my kit gets here a will drop you a Pm so you can check it out. I work too much so I can afford my kit but that means only one day off a week to work on my car. I am looking at around next thursday off work for the install and maybe call in Friday to finish it if needed to take it somewhere for tuning and maybe dyno. I will let my car the guine pig for us to work on. By the time your kit comes in you will know exactly how to install it.

You might have to open an Offical Tubo'd Chapter of Stage 7...

BTW: You dont know who all checks these boards. I wouldn't post direction publicaly to my house. I just got more car broken into two weeks ago. If someone likes your setup and sees where you live it makes it too easy for them.
Old 02-23-2004
2003 Nissan Frontier

cryption should not be trusted
I personally would get all my work done at speed fetish. Even if it's more expensive; they'll do awesome work .. and I like workin with mah bros on my car.
Old 02-23-2004
Registered!!

HTOWNBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
We could do the install in a couple of hours assuming that the kit is complete. I quoted you 8-10 hours because thats how long it seemed. Tuning takes a long time. I think the SF kit's fuel system is non adjustable. Dont quote me on that. But if its not adjustable. We can install a bleeder valve with their FMU to adjust it. I dont know if they modified the FMU or if or what kind of disks they have in the FMU (12:1, 10:1, or 8:1). We use a Motec wideband for tuning. If you have any questions feel free to call the shop. Trust me, I know 7thgens. I HAVE ONE.
Thanks,
ALex

Last edited by HTOWNBOY; 02-23-2004 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2004
Registered!!

Yea i think a Stage7 turbo chapter sounds good since i just bought mine! Well hit me up with a PM maybe we can meet up this weekend or something. I would really like to see that kit.
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
DIY. Then take it somewhere to tune.
Old 02-24-2004
Skyline R33

Originally posted by dragoon
DIY. Then take it somewhere to tune.
That is what I think I will have to do.

I even received an email stating that I could pull the oil filter. Near the oil filter opening, tapp the oil pan for the oil line fitting. This should alow me to drill and not drop the pan. I could clean out any metal flakes from drilling by cleaning through the oil filter opening. It might be a little cramped in that area. I guess I'll see once I get to that point.

I actually spoke with Alex on Saturday and asked him if he would tune it after my DIY install. He was cool about it. I guess with the problems he is having on his fuel system he figures SF Kit will have the same problems. I guess that is the cost of going custom.

I think the SF kit will install w/out a hitch. It is a proven kit that has been up and running for a while. I dont expect any problems.

Any suggestions and help would be appretiated.
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

Bro, if you DIY. i'll be glad to help you out with any questions or problems you run into. you have my number to the shop. just give me a ring or PM me.
Thanks,
Alex

oh, by the way. i figured out and fixed "the running rich problem". i also have bigger injectors.

Last edited by HTOWNBOY; 02-24-2004 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-24-2004
Skyline R33

Thanks for the support..

Originally posted by HTOWNBOY
Bro, if you DIY. i'll be glad to help you out with any questions or problems you run into. you have my number to the shop. just give me a ring or PM me.
Thanks,
Alex
Would the suggestion I got to go through the oil filter opening work to clean oil pan after drilling work? To be honest I dont have a clue if it is even possible to fit you hand inside there.

I am sure as soon as I set a date for the install, I will also set an apointment with you to tune it for me.
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

Re: Thanks for the support..

Originally posted by guns
Would the suggestion I got to go through the oil filter opening work to clean oil pan after drilling work? To be honest I dont have a clue if it is even possible to fit you hand inside there.

I am sure as soon as I set a date for the install, I will also set an apointment with you to tune it for me.
I dont think thats possible. The best thing to do is drop your oil pan. You dont want any metal shavings in your engine. Its going to be a bitch droppin that pan. I was cussin the whole time. Just let me know bro.
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

carbonrevo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
me and my friend will install for you, take half day, they are direct bolt on, we have swap b16 18 all da the time, we have all the tools, price will be around $300.00 professionally installed send me pm and I'll give u my contact number.
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

big_daddy_b_99 is an unknown quantity at this point
you people and your turbos make me SICK!! I'm so d@mn jealous!
Old 02-24-2004
Skyline R33

Originally posted by carbonrevo
me and my friend will install for you, take half day, they are direct bolt on, we have swap b16 18 all da the time, we have all the tools, price will be around $300.00 professionally installed send me pm and I'll give u my contact number.
Yuor PM mail box is full...
Old 02-25-2004
Freedom costs a Buck o'Five

88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute
that would be funny to turbo my car. But since it's carbed it would work differently since the carb valves need the forced induction too.
Old 02-25-2004
Registered!!

carbonrevo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
thanks for letting me know, you can pm now I have delete all msg
Old 02-25-2004

eklipz will become famous soon enough
hey guns...its me Tyler...gimmie a call about your lip kit...i think i may take it off your hands this weekend...my number is 832-922-0671, btw im available all day saturday after 12 and also all day sunday...lemme know whats up and btw ill come pick it up cause i wanna chill w/ my bro zak as well...thnx bro!
Old 02-25-2004
Skyline R33

I am working 12-8 Sat and Sunday Im not sure, its overtime(double time) so more than likely I will work it.

My cell number is 956-337-4650.
I will find out my Sunday schedule tomorrow and we can figure out a good time.
Old 02-25-2004

eklipz will become famous soon enough
okay cool!
Old 02-28-2004
Skyline R33

Installing the kit on sunday morning. Does anyone know of a place on the south side open on sunday to get the oil return line welded to the oil pan?
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

Not much is open on Sun bro, i wanted to check it out bro. Give me a call on my celly. PM for number
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

TOOLOWCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by guns
Installing the kit on sunday morning. Does anyone know of a place on the south side open on sunday to get the oil return line welded to the oil pan?
So did u get it installed and running or not yet?
Old 03-03-2004
Skyline R33

Originally posted by TOOLOWCIVIC
So did u get it installed and running or not yet?
Running strong at 6psi, w/ some tunning and new clutch from Speed Fetish will hope to hit 12psi.
Old 03-12-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
damn I want a turbo, no money though, I wish I had a credit card or could get a loan or something where I could finance one.