Almost killed my dad, I'm scared as heck

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicSouldjaEX will become famous soon enoughCivicSouldjaEX will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Almost killed my dad, I'm scared as heck

I was helping my dad adjust his brakes on his 69 VW bettle today and when we were doing the fronts he asked me to switch the ignition on so I could turn the wheel. Well the car is jacked in the front and my dad is under it waiting for me to turn te wheel. When I swithched it it was realy soft and it turned on and it was in gear. I felt it jump forward and I was like oh crap!. I went to try to turn it off but it was hard and I tried to take it out of gear but it wouldn't come out so I was pulling on it hard as it moved forward and I saw my dad on the floor getting out and I couldn't say a word I just wached the wheel start to go on his shoulder and I pulled back hard until he got out. The car kept rolling on top of the jack, cuz the jack has wheels and ended up resting against some black mitsubishi parked next door. That's where it stalled on tunrned off. I was really really scared and shaking. He said it was cool and that he forgot to take ot off gear and I didn't noticed it either. We managed to put the car back and nothing happened to the mitsubishi or my dad. He says his chest hurts a lil and I feel awful. But he says he's ok now except for a scratch on his back. I love my dad a lot and I just don't know what I would do without him. Im glad he's ok, but me, I can't get it out of my head. What if...
Old 04-20-2003
. . . The Master Debater . . .

amhtown01 has a spectacular aura aboutamhtown01 has a spectacular aura aboutamhtown01 has a spectacular aura about
DAYUM MAN. . .i hope you dad ok, the good thing is that the worse didn't happen. that ought to teach all of us a lesson on life. it could be takin away when u least expect it.
Old 04-20-2003
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
oh crap.... glad your dad is ok!

Last edited by ak; 04-20-2003 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-20-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
becareful whenever you work on lifted cars...
Old 04-20-2003
Registered!!

LiLaSiiAn8 is an unknown quantity at this point
awww how sweet.. i don't knoe many pple that loves their dads like that.. glad your dad's alright tho!
Old 04-20-2003
Registered!!

1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
im lost please explain how you could not pull the stick shift into neutral? or jab the clutch to cause the same effect?
Old 04-20-2003
Registered!!

hmm i don't really think he had the time to really THINK.. geez these n00bs
Old 04-20-2003
Registered!!

1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by LiLaSiiAn8
hmm i don't really think he had the time to really THINK.. geez these n00bs
i didnt know knowledge of cars equated to being a noob...actually thought it was the other way around.
Old 04-20-2003
Registered!!

gee lets go back and think about what he could have done differently rather than bein' thankful everyone is okay.
Old 04-20-2003
Registered!!

sorry chacho
Old 04-21-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
stuff like this lets you realize how much you shouldn't take people (especially parents) for granted
Old 04-21-2003
Premium Member

CivicSouldjaEX will become famous soon enoughCivicSouldjaEX will become famous soon enough
I didn't want my parents to see but I did shed a tear in my room... I was really scared. Never cried since I left to basic training more than a year ago.
Old 04-21-2003
Registered!!

chirpin2k2civic is an unknown quantity at this point
dont worry bout it bro. things happen for a reason, it wasnt ur fault just be happy that ur dads ok.
Old 04-21-2003
Resident Tough Guy

Sivion is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Thank God..

I am glad that everything is ok. I don't really know anyone here (yet), but I feel for ANYONE that has a crisis or was close to having something really bad. After all we are all human, share the same emotions, and all want common happiness...Not just for ourselves...But for others.
Old 04-22-2003
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
glad to hear that you pops is ok man... Its alright to cry... I HATE, HATE, HATE when people die. I'm not afraid at all to die myself, but its just that losing somebody you know is really hard.

My Grandma just died last night, she lives in France. She was a tough chic, 86 years old!

My Mom went through open heart surgery this past summer. She died about 3 times, but all the prayers from people brought a miracle. She's better than new now, just having some heart problems due to Grandma's death.

My sister died in October, 2000. She had lupus. The disease attacked her kidney's so she had to get dialysis (blood cleansing) about 3 times a week. She did this for over 20 years. One weekend she went to visit my cousin in Houston and the hospitals there were unable to do her dialysis for some reason. So her blood wasn't filtered for a week. I remember seeing her that Sunday before she went back home. Emergency room on Monday. Stopped the pain and put her to sleep on Tuesday.

Spring Break was last week. A student at my school was driving to Las Vegas with his girlfriend, who was driving. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt. The had some kind of accident (not with any other vehicles though), and he was tossed out the windshield. The hard part was to hear that his girlfriend had to witness him die right in front of her. He only had 2 more months before he graduated as a senior.

Don't take parents, friends, family, or life for granted... You don't know how precious something is until you lose it.

God Bless - The Troops, and everybody!
Old 04-22-2003
** yourinmyw0rld is my MASTER. so to bad guys!!!

Handsonme has a spectacular aura aboutHandsonme has a spectacular aura about
Svongkassem, I also have lupus. I'm sorry about your sister.

SouldjaEx, at least your dad's okay, but yeah, I know how you feel...too close for comfort.