anybody know anything about radio control car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jkim1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
anybody know anything about radio control car?

i don't know jack about radio control car.... but wanna get into it... i wanna get a 4wd gas powered radio control car.... preferrably a body of a 7thgen civic.... or whatever... but wanna get me a nice one... does anybody know anywhere in s.kali... near l.a., glendale, cerritos, pasadena... that sells nice radio control car... and a store that could help me get a nice car? or can anyone who knows anything about radio control cars... give me some info on what i should get or whatevers... any info will be appreciated... thanks
Old 06-26-2003
Registered!!

Rain King is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know where you can get at your area but i suggest you go first with electric before you get the gas powered ones. Mainly because the gas powered ones is not for beginners.

But if you can find someone into it, then maybe you can already jump to gas.
Old 06-26-2003
. . . The Master Debater . . .

amhtown01 has a spectacular aura aboutamhtown01 has a spectacular aura aboutamhtown01 has a spectacular aura about
gas is fun but it requires alot of maintenance. i prefer the electric one. check out Hobby People. they are roughly 400 for the gas ones and 100 for the battery powered ones. and a each body (i.e. wrx, rsx,civic, etc.) is about 20 bux each.
Old 06-26-2003
illest ma f*cken member

SkiLLzSter is an unknown quantity at this point
in pasadena they have a store called "Hobby's people" on hill street near pasadena city college. They carry a wide variety of RC cars...price is ok there...
Old 06-26-2003
Registered!!

reflekt is an unknown quantity at this point
for some reason, i was into R/C cars for a while with a friend of mine. i was into electric. electric and gas , almost equal out money wise. but ALMOST. gas will cost more int eh long run. electric you buy all your **** the first time around, and then just maintain it urself. gas, u gotta constnatly buy nitro and then ur little engine will get ****ed. and u'll be spending lots of money just fixing it, like buying pistons and what not.

i serously used to be into the scene. i actualy laugh at myself whenever i think about it.

but yeah. **** hobby people, they dont have ****. go to Ultimate Hobbies in Orange. it's off the 55 freeway, in the Orange Mall. they have practically anything and everytghing, except for import stuff, and even with that they have the bset selection. hobby ppl , just dont know jack **** about anything. nobody knows anything. u ask them a question, they dont know ****.

just to get urself started in teh ****, ur probably better off buying a used electric car. say like, an auciton off ebay , that includes everything u'd need (batteries, charger, the car, ESC, servos, motor, transmittor, receiver). buy an Associated TC3 or something. that was my first car. then after i spent a GRIP of money on that for hopups. i then sold it on Ebay and then i bought a Tamiya TRF414M2. it was the top of the line car at the time. this **** costs a grip of money, so i dont kno if u wanna get into it. i myself would rather spend 1k on my civic then a little toy car.

Kit: 150
Batteries: 60
Charger: 50
Transmittor and Reciever: 100
Motor: 50
ESC: 50
Maintenence: a billion
Hopups you know u will buy: a billion

it allll adds up. and this is all prcies for low end electronics n kits.

when i bought my tamiya TRF414M2...it costed me

TRF414M2 kit: 280
Motor: 60
Batteries: 150
Charger: 150
Transmittor: 180
ESC: 120
Motor Commutator cutter: (com cutter) 130
Brushes: after 20 runs with the car, need to buy $8 brushes everytime.
Hopups: $$$$$

yeah, it costs a LOT. anyway, hav fun

peacems.
Old 06-26-2003
Registered!!

jkim1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice info... thanks....