Gotta love north scottsdale

Old 02-23-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
OK everyone, what the coolest car you've ever seen in person. I've seen some cool exotics, but my favorite was a 1969 Yenko ZL-1 Aluminum 427 Camaro at Barrett Jackson.
Old 02-23-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dragin will become famous soon enoughdragin will become famous soon enough
i saw a yenko on a car carier in avandale friday. idetical to the one in 2f2f....

what time did he see me. i was there for a while left and came back....
never saw any one..
Old 02-23-2004
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I dunno. Olytrojan? I parked on the west side of the bikes. Even brought my lil' boy. He hated the Sti, too loud.
Old 02-23-2004
Registered!!

thats funny.... guess the old saying "if its to loud ur to old" doesnt hold any ground...
Old 02-23-2004
Premium Member

sho nuff.
Old 02-23-2004
JDM-Jonathan David Martin- I own everybody

topnotch7gen is on a distinguished road
The car I really like is the SL55 Mercedes Benz, now thats a car!
AMG built supercharged 5.5L V-8 493 hp,516 lb-ft. Saw a couple out in Scottsdale on Friday night! People have a lot of money
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

im not a big benz fan.....
Old 02-24-2004

olytrojan is an unknown quantity at this point
coolest car i've seen in preson was a mclaren f1 at scotsdale fashion square. coolest car i've been in bentley continential and a ferrari 360 spyder, drove both of them when i was at work one day
Old 02-24-2004

olytrojan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by dragin
what time did he see me. i was there for a while left and came back....
never saw any one..
i think i got up there around 7:30 but i can't remember . i wasn't driving my car though so thats probably why you didn't see me
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

matrix311 is on a distinguished road
yeah people around here have way to much money. Where they get it all im completely clueless. I just can't imagine that there are that many high paying jobs around here, but who knows. I went to college, got my degree and i can't make jack. I guess i dont know the inside people to get a good job! Ohwell... so yeah, what are the pavillions anyways? I read you guys were talkin about going there, where and what is that?
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah they definately have lots of cash out there, the only thing I can think of like most people have told me you have to bring your cash to AZ with you. Yeah I graduated from college in Phoenix and I had no luck with jobs there so I moved back to the Northwest. Yep basically still working the jobs I did in HS and college just to pay the bills while still applying for open jobs trying to move up.

The pavillions is at 101 and indian bend if I remeber right by the home depot. Lots of people down there on weekends when I was living there.
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

olytrojan--- so you saw the vic with the JIC's then? what cha think??

>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<

NickDaMans02Civic yep your right...

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>

from what ive noticed people in scottsdale spend every dime they make and then have issues paying for daily items, like for example a 25yr old chick with a H2 w/wheels & nice house & desginer clothes, but cant go out b-cause she has 000.00 dollars and a giant debt
just my observation........

Last edited by dragin; 02-24-2004 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

well i moved from the southwest to arizona.. where i moved from i couldnt' bring any money because you can't make money. I just got super lucky on making it down here, because I got laid off at my job and was recieving checks, which gave me time to get moved down here to find a job and recieve double pay for a month from my new job and my old job. I would still be in south dakota if i wouldn't have gotten laid off. I'm thankful for the layoff. I guess I gotta give it time on the job thing. Thankful I have a job and some money and not sitting under a bridge somewhere begging for money, i may not have much, but its enough to pay the bills and buy food.
Old 02-25-2004
Premium Member

Food rules.
<--- Just had Filabertos (Arizona Burrito no Pico de Galo)
Old 02-25-2004
Registered!!

Dorkinator is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw an M3 once lol..and an Evo.

Doesn't take much to please me. I really am a ricer at heart I guess..I don't like the way all the intricate supercars look.
Old 02-25-2004
Registered!!

Dorkinator is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Rufus
Food rules.
Their guacamole is so nasty, everything else I've had is prety good..but theres no flavor to it..its like..avacado and thats it.
Old 02-25-2004
Registered!!

ponyman is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Rufus
Food rules.
Dude, seriously don't rub it in. I am up here in flag with basically no good mexican food and you are discussing the wonderful FiliB's. My ex introduced me to that place and now every time i am in tempe/mesa area i have to go have it. Oh the wonderful Carne Asda Burrito...Mmmmm....I'm hungry now...thanks....
Old 02-25-2004
Registered!!

thejibb is an unknown quantity at this point
Doesn't take much to please me. I really am a ricer at heart I guess..I don't like the way all the intricate supercars look.
hey man,
all i gotta say is that when i pulled up next to a guy in a new viper up in north scottsdale and that guy looked over at me in my car and gave me "the nod" as to say "hey, nice car.." that is one of the best feelings in the world..

i mean damn, here is a guy driving an $80,000 car and he is admiring my little $20,000 car..

no one here can tell that aint a good f'ing feeling...

Old 02-25-2004
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
AH yeah I remember times like that when I was in Phoenix hehe they were few and far between. Like RSX-S a couple of times messing with me and a corvette once. Then I got 6% limo tint all around and no one can see anything in the car now hehe that ended that real quick.
Old 02-26-2004
7thgens other Official Five O'

AZ2K1Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by ponyman
Dude, seriously don't rub it in. I am up here in flag with basically no good mexican food and you are discussing the wonderful FiliB's. My ex introduced me to that place and now every time i am in tempe/mesa area i have to go have it. Oh the wonderful Carne Asda Burrito...Mmmmm....I'm hungry now...thanks....
OMG, for great mexican food in Flagstaff you need to be eating at BURRITO FIESTA. Its not open 24 hours a day but the food is awesome. My buddy Oscar owns the place. Its in the shopping center between Hastings and some ice cream shop.
Old 02-26-2004
But it's a Dry Heat

l00pb4k is an unknown quantity at this point
There is good Mexican in Flag. La Fondas...Salsa Brava... I can't believe you are fiending for Filiberto's. Blech...that is like saying Taco Bell is Mexican food.

Anyway...As far as the job/money questions. Most of the people in North Scottsdale have a few things in common.
1) Own your own business...Contracting companies do well
2) Financial Services - Real Estate, Insurance, Financial Markets
3) Degrees in Business
4) Made their money somewhere else and have their Second home in Scottsdale.

My ex-father in law was an insurance guy, pulled down like $450k a year. There was a house just up the way from where they built theirs in Troon...$6 Million, 3 bedroom 4 bath, total entertainment house. They guy who was having it built is in the futures market in Chicago. If you want to make money you need to be in Sales or own your own business.
Old 02-26-2004
Premium Member

Woohoo. I'm in sales and I treated myself to Filibertos, AGAIN! I'm on my way up. Next thing you know I'll be adding guacamole to my burritos. Good job, however, getting us back on topic.
Old 02-26-2004
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
which topic??
Old 02-26-2004
But it's a Dry Heat

There's a topic? Oh yeah...something about North Scottsdale.
Old 02-26-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by AZ2K1Civic
OMG, for great mexican food in Flagstaff you need to be eating at BURRITO FIESTA. Its not open 24 hours a day but the food is awesome. My buddy Oscar owns the place. Its in the shopping center between Hastings and some ice cream shop.
I have eaten there and it is pretty good, but way to expensive and last time I was there they still only took cash. There are a couple of decent places, but not a ton, like the new Casa Bonita that just opened up, it is pretty good food.
Old 02-26-2004

They still dont take cash but IMO they are the best in Flag.

We went to La Fonda all the time...the food is good and they put up with our rowdy drunken loudness
Old 02-26-2004
Registered!!

I'm in sales too! I dont make that kinda cash.. I dont even know what I would do if i made $40,000 a year. I would have so much extra money laying around, let alone $450k a year. That's just way to much, but i wouldnt complain that's for sure!
Old 02-26-2004

holy crap...right now there are 2 conversations going on at the same time and neither have to do with the real topic
Old 02-26-2004
Registered!!

At least one has to do with a city, maybe not Snottsdale, but a city not the less.
Old 02-26-2004
But it's a Dry Heat

Originally posted by matrix311
I'm in sales too! I dont make that kinda cash.. I dont even know what I would do if i made $40,000 a year. I would have so much extra money laying around, let alone $450k a year. That's just way to much, but i wouldnt complain that's for sure!
need to start selling something different then . He was a district Manager so he has alot of agents beneath him. And he has been in insurance for 20+ years. The key with sales is finding a high demand product with a nice profit margin. Insurance is pure profit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gotta love north scottsdale