Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Close call with me and the po po!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TwilightX is an unknown quantity at this point
Close call with me and the po po!

I was on my way to get something to eat when another 6thgen rolled up next to me at a stoplight...I didn't think anything of it till I saw him inching on me through the yellow light on the other turn signal. Sooo I thought to myself, why the hell not! As we took off, we were neck and neck for about 75 feet, and I decided this is not worth it, so I hit the breaks and slow down.

Just as I slow, I noticed off on the left was a parked statie sitting with his parking lights on and engine running, so I slow even more...but I guess the guy in the other civic didn't notice since he downshifted and let his fartcan be heard nice and loud. As I passed the cop, he lit up his lights and merged behind me, but instead of staying in my lane, he cuts over to the right and starts gunning for the other guy! He pulls him over and I continue on at a niiiiice slow pace.

That's as close as I ever want to cut it, but it was a smart decision to give up that fight since the other guy was probably caught on a general speeding ticket (the statie didn't have his radar on since my Passport 8500 didn't go off)...whew! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/IMG]

T-X
Old 01-31-2003
Registered!!

Friedrice is an unknown quantity at this point
so was the other guy actually speeding or did he just fart so loud that the poo poo came after him?
Old 01-31-2003
Registered!!

both - he took off like a bat outta hell just to prove to me that he could...guess he proved it to me and the cop [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2003
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Whoops! Yeah, that sucks. Racing from stoplight to stoplight is not very smart. You're easy prey for the piglets.
That's k3wl that you backed off though. You've got a madd 6th sense yo! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2003
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
He could have the new lidar.... not detectable by even valentine1 or the passport.
Old 01-31-2003
Retired Super Mod and STILL Pimpin' Yo Mama

Blk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to behold
You should get you one of those stealth radars.. I think they're made by Cobra.. They detect every kind of radar known to man and make your car invisble to speed detection. I think they cost like $5 g's though
I have one mounted behind the bumper of my twin turbo Si Type R....

Old 01-31-2003
Registered!!

Free7civicex is an unknown quantity at this point
The same thing happened to me a while back. Two people on a "crotch rocket" CBR bike and a lowered Chevy S-10 pulled up next to me at a red light (each of us in our own lane / 3 lane road). I don't know why, but the guy on the bike kept looking over at me to hint that he wanted to race.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Once the light turned green I took off normal, but the guys on the bike stayed right alongside me and kept looking over as I drove the speed limit. The S-10 on the far right stayed even with us too. I started to get pissed because I don't like when people ride right alongside of me at the same speed, so I downshifted and I started to pull from them. Of course I was no competition for the bike so he was on me instantly. The S-10 seemed to have a little trouble keeping up ([IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]S-10).

As I approached the next intersection I slowed up and quickly moved over into the turn lane to make a left. When I was doing this the guys on the bike downshifted so fast that they nearly popped a wheelie and shot off so damn fast that they were out of sight within seconds. Little did either of us know that a cop was sitting at the light facing us on the opposite side of the road. He saw what the guys on the bike did and he flipped a bitch and took off in their trail with lights flashing and siren going. When the guy in the S-10 saw the cop start to turn around and follow the bike he freaked out and slammed on his brakes coming to a stop along the side of the road.

About 15 minutes later I drove back along that same road to see if the guys on the bike got pulled over. They not only got pulled over, but the driver was arrested. It looked like the passenger was a teenage boy and the driver was an older woman (mother and son??). It took the cop about one mile of chasing the bike to catch up and pull it over!

I'm glad I didn't continue going straight through the intersection. I backed off just at the right time. The idiots on the bike couldn't have asked for any more trouble than they put themselves in that night.
Oh well, it taught me to pay more attention and if you have a crotch rocket not to race 127hp Civics and weak 4-banger S-10s.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

JMan50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I got pulled over but NO ticket! I saw that the light was going to change, and I was about 1000 Ft. away so I started to get on it. When I did there was the po po waiting there for me. He threw his lights on and I pulled in right where he was parked. I gave him my info and he asked the last time that I have been pulled over for a traffic ticket. I sat there for awhile, and was like[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] but then told him like '92 or so. the po po then goes back to his car, comes back and tells me that I need to slow down and have a good day! I said "Yes Sir! and THANKS" I am so glad that I did not get a ticket. (he said I was doing 48 in a 30, but I looked at the sign later and the limit is 35 soooo?)
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

murd0c is an unknown quantity at this point
man I would never want to get stuck in a sticky stiution like that!!
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: S2000man01
He could have the new lidar.... not detectable by even valentine1 or the passport.[hr]
Thats how i got nailed for speeding in minnesota on my vacation. Sux azz too cuz im usually doin mid 80's on the expressway and he got me for doin 78 exiting a 65 zone into a 60 zone. I was so pissed cuz i was like 10 minutes from the exit to the hotel i was staying at after a 6 1/2 hour drive out! Radar detectors are worth crap now with all the new technology thats out. Oh, and my detector is not TOP of the line, but it does have every possible band on it and not a single one went off when he got me.
Old 02-03-2003
Registered!!

Baghead is an unknown quantity at this point
He could have the new lidar.... not detectable by even valentine1 or the passport.[hr]
lidar = laser...not radar. lazer detectors = useless cause when they go off, you know youve been tagged already.
Old 02-03-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Baghead
lidar = laser...not radar. lazer detectors = useless cause when they go off, you know youve been tagged already.[hr]
You're forgetting something important about laser detection: It's effective if you pick up the signal getting bounced off a car in front of you - so if you're alone on the road you're SOL, but if you have company ahead, you have plenty of time...