Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

our cars are slow...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAcoma is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2002 5speed LX sedan ..so no, I dont have an SI. and I live in east TN for whoever asked
Old 12-13-2002
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: NAcoma
I have a 2002 5speed LX sedan ..so no, I dont have an SI. and I live in east TN for whoever asked[hr]
hehe thats cause u got an lx.....
Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Speedracer32
[hr]Originally posted by: SoNiCcIvIc
EX civics have no speed limiters.[hr]
where did you find this info?[hr]
They are only limited by the engine speed ie redline in 5th gear
Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
no they arnt. they are limited by areodynamic drag. the civic would have to make a lot more power over stock for the limitation to be gearing related.
Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
If whats stated in the manual is true, then we have a speed limiter. It goes on to say:

If you exceed the maximum speed for the gear you are in, you may feel the engine cut in and out. This is caused by a limiter in the engine’s computer controls. The engine will run normally when you reduce the engine speed by upshifting or slowing down. Before downshifting, make sure the vehicle speed is low enough that you will not activate the engine speed limiter in the lower gear. If you exceed the maximum speed for the gear you are in, the engine speed will enter into the tachometer’s red zone. If this occurs, you may feel the engine cut in and out. This is caused by a limiter in the engine’s computer controls. The engine will run normally when you reduce the RPM below the red zone. Before downshifting, make sure the engine will not go into the tachometer’s red zone.

I think the top speed really depends on the gear ratios that you have and max rpm's your engine can produce before the ECM limits power. So the various engine/trannies combo's may differ from each other... dunno. I always thought that the max speed was 124mph, now I'm not so sure.
Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

Cyclosporine is an unknown quantity at this point
that's the revlimiter you are talking about....ALL car have that...or you would turn your engine to pieces...

our have also a thing called governor...which cuts the fuel feed to the engine, no more fuel, no more power...you can't go more than the civic top speed depending on the model...unless your going down a 75° hill
Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

Falcon is an unknown quantity at this point
k... couple things

any model (exc. the ex) = speed limiter cause of the stock tires
EX = no speed limiter

no the rev limiter is not lower in fifth.. there is a thing called not being able to go faster (due to aero drag).. i think you reached that [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] (fastest ive ever been in my ex is 185km/h ... aka 115m/h ... there was a little more, but i could definately tell it was topping out ---- BTW i have an auto.. so i would think you could get a little better with teh manual gear ratios)

only solution.. more aerodynamic body OR more power
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

LadyBug is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a LX...I have gotten to about 115 and thats about where it stopped. Yes more power is definetly needed. $ is just the issue right now.

When people say my car is slow, i say "My car isn't slow! hehe...just not as fast as yours! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]"

Nacoma I live in TN also.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-20-2002
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
i heard that lx's are faste than ex's...
its been said before on this site... cant remember. whats the deal?

so lx 5spd's have limiters too?
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

03_silver_ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive had my 03 On I-70 E coming from Columbus OH toward Wheeling,on the 6 lane if you know what im talkin about, the needle got buried, which is at 140, It was tacin around 6300 in 5th, then let off, just wanted to see if the car could do it. I think the Ex is faster than an Lx, but theres only one way to find out !
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

jaegs is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont see how the hell the lx could be faster than the ex. as far as the diff speeds, i think it all varys and the road and wind conditions. on a calm hot day, perfectly flat pavement, my car hit 125 and was gonna keep going except for the railroad tracks rapidly approaching
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

Riva is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: WannaBFast
was it a coupe or sedan??? i bet it was an ex... those can go mad fast given the open road....

what color was ur car?[hr]
Why? Do the red ones go faster than the silver ones? . . . . [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
[hr]Originally posted by: AR
i heard that lx's are faste than ex's...
its been said before on this site... cant remember. whats the deal?

so lx 5spd's have limiters too?[hr]
I think this is in reference to the 1/4 mile times instead of top speed.. something about the LX being lighter.
Old 12-22-2002
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
[hr]Originally posted by: Riva
[hr]Originally posted by: WannaBFast
was it a coupe or sedan??? i bet it was an ex... those can go mad fast given the open road....

what color was ur car?[hr]
Why? Do the red ones go faster than the silver ones? . . . . [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][hr]
The silver S2000's are the fastest. so yes, the silver civics are faster too.