Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

new to the import scene any recommendations please?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idigturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
new to the import scene any recommendations please?

Hey I'm looking to get a civic. what year is the best? I see alot of 1996-2000 and should I find one with the b16 engine swap? thanks for the help
Old 08-20-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: new to the import scene any recommendations please?

The years and platforms that will give you the most street cred will have come with the more aggressive engines in them.

Side note you will always be the joke of tuners with any honda, even if you build a monster.
...I'm five years into my build I've heard every honda joke there is. and truth be told there are better platforms to start with that come stock with more power and rwd.

But the hondas to look for would be

Integra type R
Integra with a b16 or b18
crx B series
rsx-s with the k20 or k24
civic coupe with a swapped engine to B series or k series

and the s2000 but most people don't start with that platform to build, because they are
quite a bit more expensive.

Really If you really want a Honda I would find out which body style you like then find one with the most aggressive engine in it already, that you can.

There is also the Prelude which is an amazing looking car and should have been rwd, it can be built to track but the extended engine bay and position of the engine farther forward than a civic or teg, compared to the wheel base and car body make them harder to track well.
Old 08-20-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idigturbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice mac. What other tuners are good to start a build that people respect?
Old 08-21-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

IMO
For tunability, street cred, affordability and aftermarket support

The Nissan 240/silvia is the absolute best overall vehicle to build
the s13, s14 and s15 which are the different generations.

There are cars which have more power, or look newer, or handle better stock, but for the over all package the 240 is a great platform to build.

-light weight
-the engines can be built easy and make huge power numbers
-rwd (this helps for balance and front wheel lift on launch)
-low center of gravity
-independent rear suspension
-handle well

You can tune them to track with, autoX, drift cross, rallyX, drag.
Old 08-22-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

How much money do you have to play with at the moment? That will kinda dictate what you start out with.