Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Too Much Work?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TrikzLane is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Too Much Work?

Anyone know how much it would take to make a civic sedan into a full bore autocross car and still be a daily driver? Probably 150-200 hp, 195/40/16s or 17s, stripped interior, racing seats, the works. and it would be nice to have , so i would need to find a swap that wouldn't make me
Old 05-22-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Too Much Work?

Very, very few people modify an autocross car to that extent. Why would you not just run one of the lower closer to stock classes?
Old 05-22-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

have you ever been in an event?
If not, go there and check yourself. the stock class guys could easily beat a car that is not fully prepared for its class due to the pax.
you should first start by reading the rules, full bore autoX does not hold much meaning until you talk about the classes
Old 05-23-2012
Registered!!

TrikzLane is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I've never done AutoX, but i've always wanted to. I think i'd want to shoot for a street prepared class and then get to the street modified class
Old 05-23-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

any car that is mechanically sound and nothing falling apart from the car can go to an autocross.
recommend going to one wuith your car as is.
i modded mine before going out and now have some wrong parts left on the shelves, simply because i did a wrong setup.
driving lessons and getting rides on others' cars will make you faster than modding the car.

recommend highly to go to an event before modding the car.
for example, i remove front sway bar sometimes (i am already in SP sionce i was not willing to change the car back to stock again.
were you thinking on installing stiffer front sway bars by any chance?
that's bad idea...
Old 05-24-2012
Registered!!

KurtzN1 is an unknown quantity at this point

In my opinion, it's best to take a stock car out first. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and a lot of people that autocross don't change much except tires and brakes/fluid. Don't get ahead of yourself by changing out a bunch of variables that are meant to fine tune the car when you don't know what your baseline is.

Just go, it's not a wheel to wheel race. Most people that say they do, never end up going. So, just go. You're going to have a great time, regardless.