Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Sunday's AutoX video. My Civic, friends GT3 and Z4 with GoPro

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicexracer will become famous soon enough
Sunday's AutoX video. My Civic, friends GT3 and Z4 with GoPro

Had a fun day at yesterday's AutoX. Got to use my new HD GoPro for the first time. Picked one up because my other camera has been acting up, even though it worked for my runs yesterday...

Course was good and car felt good but my driving sucked. My best run was my second with a 57.725. 3rd run I tried to be a little more brave going into one of the turns, stayed on the throttle but should have gotten on the brakes earlier. Ended up over shooting and locking up the brakes. Would have easily been my fastest run. I think my last run I was just not pushing hard enough.. Still ended up taking 1st out of 13 in class but just barely. Looking to get fresh tires and other goodies to widen the gap some more..

Here's my video with the GoPro
http://youtu.be/P5dDokKt5hk

In-car video with my old camera
http://youtu.be/ExgcZpGWqzM

Here is my friends '07 GT3. Riding shotgun on his first run with the helmet pov. His first run was a 54.640(made a typo on the video) but he dropped 2.5seconds from his first to last run and pulled a 52.104. That's 5.621second faster than me lol. He took first in his class out of 3.
http://youtu.be/KVmhpynTSY8

Here is my friends '04 Z4. Again riding shotgun on his first run with the helmet car. We ended up catching up to the car the left in front of us and got red flagged to stop. Because of this he ended up getting a re-run. His best time of the day was a 56.136. That's 1.589seconds faster than me. He took 6th out 16 in his class
http://youtu.be/NP2cL13xGdc
Old 04-18-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Sunday's AutoX video. My Civic, friends GT3 and Z4 with GoPro

Niiice site! must be a pain to set it up, though. Very high speed layout too. better than the site in nashville.

You 3rd run was really going nicely... Oh well, that's life...

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-18-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2011
Registered!!

The organizers/course designers always setup and mark off the course the day before the event. This way they ensure safety and when they get there in the morning of the event, they just throw the cones in the boxes and setup timing.

Some pictures from the event...

Name:  5632629452_77a5b6f763_oa-1.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  65.5 KB
Name:  5632047791_26a71284c2_o-1.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  64.3 KB

The GT3 I got the video in. Not me in this picture though.
Name:  5631690125_8deeff0b2b_o-1.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  63.2 KB
Name:  5631692579_203c587f72_o-1.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  38.5 KB

The Z4 I got video in and me in the pic riding shotty
Name:  5632208082_95c2acb3d8_o-1.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  42.6 KB
Name:  5632209078_e862ac09e3_oa.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  257.4 KB
Old 04-19-2011
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

good lord that gt3 was fast. you had some great runs, was this ur 1st event of the season?
Old 04-19-2011
Registered!!

haha yeah I love riding in the GT3, better than a roller coaster . I asked him if I could co-drive it at one of the national tour events. Said I could be his tire warmer lol. He's afraid I would beat him but I honestly highly doubt I would. I'm not entirely used to RWD cars, esp one with such high power/low weight on r-compounds. Chances are it wont happen though.

This particular event would be my 5th of the season already lol. It was just the first points event for my SCCA region.

Another picture from another photographer
Name:  110417wdcr15a.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  55.2 KB
Old 04-19-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Yeah! pissing dog action!
BTW, porsches with the RR configuration are even trickier... they pack an awesome launch, though.
reminds me of the oldee beetle, but with much more suspension and oomph...
It makes seem so much easier, except for the tail out somewhere in the slow section
Old 04-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
...reminds me of the oldee beetle...
Seen the new Beetle? Looks sleeker but, will it perform?

@ civicexracer: Nice driving. Did I see your first run was 6 seconds faster than the first run in your boy's Porsche?

Last edited by lazlong; 04-20-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-20-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lazlong

@ civicexracer: Nice driving. Did I see your first run was 6 seconds faster than the first run in your boy's Porsche?
I wish... I made a typo on the video. It was a 54.640, not 64... There's no way I would have beat him, esp that badly, on this course. I've only gotten "close" to him a couple of times. One event earlier this year I was .819 seconds behind him. BUT, my car does better on smaller/tighter courses and he was on street tires(Bstone RE-11) that day. He says I've beat him before but I don't think I have..
Old 04-20-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by lazlong
sorry, the new one is a golf with diff cover so FF... nothing except for looks from the beetle, unfortunately...