Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Pissing off a Mustang Cobra owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keegs can only hope to improve
Talking Pissing off a Mustang Cobra owner

Picture this: 9:30 at night, I'm heading to work in my 94 Black Civic EX (Just bought, no performance mods yet) and I am approaching a red light, at that red light is one car: a highland green drop top 90 something Mustang Cobra. I was just slowing down for the red light and was still doing about 30, the Mustang dead stopped at the light, the light changes to green while I'm about 100 feet or maybe more behind the Mustang in the lane beside him, so I quickly accelerate and blow by the Mustang while he's just starting to cross the intersection. Obviously offended by my little import passing his "muscle car" he starts trying to catch me, I only have about half a mile before I turn off into the plaza I work at and he was just catching up to my rear bumper when I braked and hit the turn signal to enter the plaza. I'd call that a cheap thrill of a win for a "ricer"
Old 05-28-2010
Registered!!

SrtBrad is on a distinguished road
Re: Pissing off a Mustang Cobra owner

Try racing at the track.
Old 05-28-2010
Registered!!

Nah. That's the safe responsible thing to do.
Old 05-28-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

No... seriously... go to a track. Racing on the street is irresponsible and just plain stupid. Not a lot of people on here support street racing so you won't get a lot of support for it here.
Old 05-28-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

*sigh*
I hope you get pulled over one day. Just sayin.
Old 05-28-2010
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

The more street racers we get off the street the better...
Old 05-28-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.rasr.info/index.htm
Old 05-28-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

how is this even considered racing?
Old 05-28-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I dunno..

My posts were more directed at his second post, which his rebuttal about track racing..
Old 05-28-2010
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prodresurgence will become famous soon enough

Really!? I thought almost all you guys are street racer type kids. Thats really refreshing to hear. I apologize for my assumptions.
Old 05-28-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Hell no, not a lot of people on this forum race and it's not accepted here as well. The reasoning for my response was also his second post.
Old 05-28-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

most of us dont race, we like to keep our cars from being destroyed or impounded
Old 05-28-2010
Registered!!

SrtBrad is on a distinguished road

This is a great forum!!! I'm all for racing at the track.
Old 06-10-2010
Registered!!

Yeah, I wouldn't call my actions "racing" I'd call it being stupid and going for a cheap thrill. I was just relaying a "Street encounter" which is a part of what this forum is titled, so it in itself recognizes street racing and in a way supports it by giving a voice to it's participants. I do not approve of illegal street racing, that's how people die. Do I approve of nailing the gas once in a while? Well... I don't think many people on here wouldn't. My second post was sarcastic, I realize it doesn't come across well online sometimes
Old 06-10-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Ahh okay... sarcasm is hard to understand on the internet haha... everyone stomps it here and there
Old 07-16-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

depends on what you're doing. if your gunning it through traffic at 150km fallowing another car or any act that puts other traffic in danger then i disagree with the situation. however i live in the burbs/country. we have many wide, long, multi-lane roads that hardly anyone drives on. i see nothing wrong with to cars dragging off a red with no one or any property to damage anywhere around. and yes i do know we could get in a crash.
Old 07-16-2010
Registered!!

sup_mario is an unknown quantity at this point

That's kinda dangerous man. You should go on a track.
Old 07-16-2010

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

d17a2 plus bolt on's = no way in hell am i showing up at the official dragway, lol. but thx for the concern =D
Old 07-16-2010
Registered!!

Mr.VTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMr.VTEC has a spectacular aura about

I dont street race...I mean I have before but that was when i first got my licence....I dont do that crap anymore.....but there are times when I like to get on it a little bit. and if I ever did street race again...it would be with someone I know.....and on some back road where no one ever goes....not downtown mainstreet. But yes I would love to take my Civic to a strip on day
Old 07-16-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Most mustangs owners are dunbasses. I have mustangs all the time come up to me at a red light and rev at me. I look at them and laugh and give them a thumbs down. I think its funny when a 5.0 wants to race a 4 cylinder. I mean come on dude. I am having a nice casual day with my wife either going out to eat or something else and you get some dunbass wanting to race. Sometimes I hate how people think of civics.

The last time I street raced was like 5 yrs ago. Its stupid and puts everyone on the road at risk even if you are on a back road at midnight. That one second someone can drive out and you can hit them. And ya I think most people on this site do not street race which is good.
Old 07-22-2010
Registered!!

CivicLX09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mac25
d17a2 plus bolt on's = no way in hell am i showing up at the official dragway, lol. but thx for the concern =D
Why not? Take it bracket racing. I plan on taking my completely stock '09 LX sedan automatic.
Old 07-23-2010

well probabley because i have no idea what bracket racing is, lol
Old 07-26-2010
Registered!!

Kobraa is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you were imagining the whole thing. I bet the mustang didn't even notice your car lol. I used to own a mustang and now I own a civic. Someday I will also have another mustang or the new Gen Camaro SS.
Old 07-26-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are all assuming a stock civic can accelerate from 30 to breaking the speed limit within half a mile.
Old 07-27-2010
Registered!!

Kobraa is an unknown quantity at this point

30 to what maybe 45 in half a mile? How can that not be done?
Old 07-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kobraa
30 to what maybe 45 in half a mile? How can that not be done?
Old 08-09-2010
Registered!!

honda1996 is an unknown quantity at this point

dude don't worry about that there is a lot of people that race there D-series,and when you go to the track try to find a car that is similar to yours and then it would be a fair race.

just have fun with what you have.
good luck and have fun
Old 08-12-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

hondas do well in the FWD drags, but that is not the best of them. go to track days instead, or just your friendly autoX.
Darg racing is not the only way to race.
Old 08-12-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kobraa
I think you were imagining the whole thing. I bet the mustang didn't even notice your car lol. I used to own a mustang and now I own a civic. Someday I will also have another mustang or the new Gen Camaro SS.
go away, troll.
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

02CivicKing is an unknown quantity at this point

I just roll my window down, as they rev their engines, and simply tell them "HEY, You may be faster but I get better gas mileage!"

Quick Reply: Pissing off a Mustang Cobra owner