Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Ticketed for excessive acceleration. WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Re: Ticketed for excessive acceleration. WTF?

Originally Posted by gearbox
are you sure it wasnt wrongstown?
No kidding. I hate NJ and their stupid little townships!
Old 10-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

$450 w/zero points

or

$0 w/zero point had you gone through the dispute process.

Hmm...tough choice. LOL!
Old 10-26-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

$450 w/zero points

or

$0 w/zero point had you gone through the dispute process.

Hmm...tough choice. LOL!
Old 10-26-2010
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

^ yeah if only I had known that there was a huge fee for them to drop points. I would have definately fought that b***h!
Old 10-26-2010
Registered!!

Through your misery we all learn.

Thx.
Old 10-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
No kidding. I hate NJ and their stupid little townships!
What do ya expect from the butthole of America. lol.

But in all seriousness, when I lived in TN I didn't pay a some fines (young and dumb) and realized I had a revoked license 5 months after the fact when I spent a week in jail for it (1 day= $100). No letter from the state or anything just "revoke it and he'll find out someday". So, you see, it can be worse. No offense but, to anybody living in TN: it's like a third world country there, get out while you can.

btw- That was the worst week of my life, liver 2 nights in a row.
Old 04-21-2011
Banned

antihonda can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
This is why people hate cops. Because they don't "serve and protect" anymore. They just try to maintain there inflated budgets by having things like quotas. They shouldn't be allowed to give me a ticket until they find my stolen $400 GPS!
cops do not have quotas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive told everyone ive ever met this, my uncle is a cop my grandfather was a cop my best friend is a cop, there is no such thing as a ticket quota!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antihonda
cops do not have quotas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive told everyone ive ever met this, my uncle is a cop my grandfather was a cop my best friend is a cop, there is no such thing as a ticket quota!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, there is
It really depends on where you are, and your city/county laws

I know for a fact that certain areas in California there are quotas, and there has been legal dispute about them active.
Also, almost all meter maids have a quota to fill as well.
Old 04-21-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice job bumping a 6 month old thread. I know here in Ontario cops don't have quotas... but again that highly depends on the area.
Old 04-21-2011
Registered!!

Sometimes there are unwritten quotas as well. I know some Nor Cal cops that have these.

This is a oooold thread! lol
Old 04-21-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

A troll digging through the street racing sub forum. Prolly jetted after realizing we're mostly anti-street racing
Old 04-21-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Actually, there is
It really depends on where you are, and your city/county laws

I know for a fact that certain areas in California there are quotas, and there has been legal dispute about them active.
Also, almost all meter maids have a quota to fill as well.
i dont know about other states, but it is against CA state law to have quotas by LEO agencies (police, chp, sheriff)

http://sandiegoticketking.com/index....st-Quotas.html

and two LAPD motor cops just won 2million in lawsuit for this same topic.

with that said, there is no "quota" per se, but there is the chief saying "i want you to get at least x tickets in x time period"
Old 04-21-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

It may be illegal but, that doesn't stop it from happening. Just look at all the people who smoke pot even though it's illegal.
Old 04-21-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
i dont know about other states, but it is against CA state law to have quotas by LEO agencies (police, chp, sheriff)

http://sandiegoticketking.com/index....st-Quotas.html

and two LAPD motor cops just won 2million in lawsuit for this same topic.

with that said, there is no "quota" per se, but there is the chief saying "i want you to get at least x tickets in x time period"
Yes, it is against the law, but there are Undocumented cases of quota filling, unofficial.

I think that lawsuit was the one i was referring to, couldnt remember where i found it though
Old 04-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by antihonda
That's the 3rd old thread you revive, all of them are in the racing section, your username is antihonda. care to just leave before you are banned?!?
Old 04-21-2011
Registered!!

^^ He's a troll but, gives us something to chat about. lol
Old 09-15-2011
Registered!!

purpleicious88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Responding to Nosepicker, hey guys my name is Haley and I own a 2008 Civic manual. I talked to a cop about a lot of driving violations and he said that if you're disrupting traffic in any way possible, you could get a ticket. The thing with accelerating too fast is you might be getting in the way of someone who is trying to change lanes into the lane you're in. Of course, it is their problem because they're the one trying to do something outside of their lane, but if you were to rear-end them, you would still be at fault. I agree that it shouldn't be a violation, but I can see how it technically is.

~Haley (2008 Civic)
Old 09-15-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Originally Posted by purpleicious88
Responding to Nosepicker, hey guys my name is Haley and I own a 2008 Civic manual. I talked to a cop about a lot of driving violations and he said that if you're disrupting traffic in any way possible, you could get a ticket. The thing with accelerating too fast is you might be getting in the way of someone who is trying to change lanes into the lane you're in. Of course, it is their problem because they're the one trying to do something outside of their lane, but if you were to rear-end them, you would still be at fault. I agree that it shouldn't be a violation, but I can see how it technically is.

~Haley (2008 Civic)
I guess I could see where that's coming from
I also think that it could also be categorized as road rage

But then, it depends on scenario too
If you're on a big empty road, going light to light.
I dont see why I can't gun it at every light as long as I'm under the speed limit.
Old 09-26-2011
Registered!!

danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about

I once honked my 152dB train horn at a police officer as I was driving by a traffic stop, he chased me down and gave me a reckless endangerment of emergency zone worker citation. If convicted, it would be a misdemeanor. Afterwards, he even went to my house to see if he could talk to my parents!! I'm 25!
The prosecution ended up taking it down to failing to yield to a emergency worker.. ~$128 bucks citation. I could have fought it, but I didn't have a guarantee that I wouldn't get a misdemeanor so I took the yield citation.
That was before I had a dash cam and a rear cam, I have them now in case I ever get pulled over again for something that stupid. I'll have evidence in court that I did nothing wrong (besides blast a cop with a train horn, which isn't illegal is Washington state ).

I just have two pocket camcorders, mounted with 2 L-shaped fence post bracket things and some sticky velcro, I set up an HD dash cam and 480 rear cam. Wise investment for anyone driving these days. Just leave them running whenever your in the car.. if I had this, I'd have fought the ticket and won easily. I wasn't endangering anyone with my horn.

Sorry to hear about your troubles in New Jersey.