Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

2003 eclipse update

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thuener will become famous soon enoughThuener will become famous soon enough
2003 eclipse update

so i recently posted my loss to an unknown eclipse. Well, i would at the great mall in milpitas CA which runs rampant with rice rockets. How is this relevant to the story?

well, the car that i raced a little while ago was parked right next to me when i got out of work. I check it out, it's a V6 turbo... no wonder i got my *** spanked.. sigh..

oh well, i guess it's a small world.
Old 12-06-2005
Registered!!

jetblackLS1SS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Thuener
so i recently posted my loss to an unknown eclipse. Well, i would at the great mall in milpitas CA which runs rampant with rice rockets. How is this relevant to the story?

well, the car that i raced a little while ago was parked right next to me when i got out of work. I check it out, it's a V6 turbo... no wonder i got my *** spanked.. sigh..

oh well, i guess it's a small world.
You don't mention the guy talking to you or popping the hood so how do you know it was a turbo?
Old 12-06-2005
7thGen's Loudest Civic...4,000 watts and climbing...

usafcushman is on a distinguished road
he must have had a sticker that said "Turbo"... like the Mazda i was behind in traffic that had "VTEC", according to the stickers on the trunk... stickers never lie...

or maybe he saw an FMIC... that's a pretty good indicator right there, too...
Old 12-07-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
v6 turbo doesn't exist unless its a custom
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

Thuener will become famous soon enoughThuener will become famous soon enough
i checked out the interior and the outside of the car. I saw a turbo timer and an intercooler, but hey i could be mistaken. Does anyone here live in the south bay?
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

jetblackLS1SS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Thuener
i checked out the interior and the outside of the car. I saw a turbo timer and an intercooler, but hey i could be mistaken. Does anyone here live in the south bay?
You would have been able to hera it was a turbo when you raced it. They make fake intercoolers, I have seen many riced otu cars with them. Considering you said it had stickers and stuff all over it, I would go with that.
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
it doesn't really matter a stock v6 would still beat a manual ex anyways. Unless the ex was boosted or swapped. The old gen eclipses are slow for there class, but still fast though to beat economy cars.
Old 12-07-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
so what does this mean...we can add another car above us on the tree of cars not to race? kinda obvious?
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
If he had a turbo timer, its a good bet, (fake) IC or not, that he's turboed. As mentioned, I presume a stock V6 could take a Civic.

And you can't hear all turbos that well, some people don't need annoyingingly loud BOVs.
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gh0st
so what does this mean...we can add another car above us on the tree of cars not to race? kinda obvious?

check his other thread. He thinks the reason he lost so bad is because it was a turbo'ed V6. I'm telling him he would still lose even if he wasn't turboed...

stock for stock the eclipse is in a different class of car and would beat a virtually stock civic. If he had a Type S it would be a different story.
Old 12-13-2005
Mr_Casual

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
it doesn't really matter a stock v6 would still beat a manual ex anyways. Unless the ex was boosted or swapped. The old gen eclipses are slow for there class, but still fast though to beat economy cars.
WHOAA there buddy older gen eclipse are slow for there class? Your smoking homie. Well 3rd gen eclipse suck *** if that's what your refering to. The 1st and 2nd gen walk all over those piles. Now if he was turbod being a v6 you would had heard it, enless one of you had a loud muffler which drowned out the all outside. As for the type s I think it would be a good race between that and the v6 3rd gen eclipse but the 1st and 2nd gen GST will smoke a type s pretty good. I only say this from experience.That's stock for stock.

Last edited by Mr_Casual; 12-13-2005 at 04:46 AM.
Old 12-13-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Mr_Casual
WHOAA there buddy older gen eclipse are slow for there class? Your smoking homie. Well 3rd gen eclipse suck *** if that's what your refering to. The 1st and 2nd gen walk all over those piles. Now if he was turbod being a v6 you would had heard it, enless one of you had a loud muffler which drowned out the all outside. As for the type s I think it would be a good race between that and the v6 3rd gen eclipse but the 1st and 2nd gen GST will smoke a type s pretty good. I only say this from experience.That's stock for stock.

he said 03 eclipse, which is a 3rd gen. I'm not smoking anything considering you agreed with me....

The 2nd gens were fast. The third gen was too heavy for its class and underpowered for its weight.

I think stock gst would probably be ahead early, then the Type S would win in the high end.
Old 12-13-2005
Mr_Casual

Hey you said old gen eclipse. I don't think 2000-05 is very old that's why I asked.About the rsx type s you think but I know. Like I said I know from experience cause I raced one. Start to finish he didnt come close to me. Please don't start with this driver stuff either this guy has been racing for years. It was a ok car don't get me wrong but it needs a few mods to keep up with the tubo gens.
Old 12-13-2005
Registered!!

Hey you said old gen eclipse. I don't think 2000-05 is very old that's why I asked.About the rsx type s you think but I know. Like I said I know from experience cause I raced one. Start to finish he didnt come close to me. Please don't start with this driver stuff either this guy has been racing for years. It was a ok car don't get me wrong but it needs a few mods to keep up with the tubo gens.

its considered old because the redesigned one is already out.

old = " distinguished from an object of the same kind by being of an earlier date"

The year eclipse he was talking about is in the thread title, so you should know when i meant old gen eclipse it was referring to the 3rd gen. Just say you made a mistake and not try to cover it up geeze. In the end you agreed with me. As for the type S, i'll take your word for it. I don't own either car and don't really care.

Please go troll somewhere else.
Old 12-13-2005
Mr_Casual

Hate to beat a dead horse but saying a old gen is way to general. Try to be specific next time there are for 3 old generations.Tha'ts like saying remember the old civic model there tons of them but without saying what year how is anyone supposed to know. Stop trying to start a post war.
Old 12-13-2005
Registered!!

Hate to beat a dead horse but saying a old gen is way to general. Try to be specific next time there are for 3 old generations.Tha'ts like saying remember the old civic model there tons of them but without saying what year how is anyone supposed to know. Stop trying to start a post war.

Originally Posted by TemjinX2

The year eclipse he was talking about is in the thread title, so you should know when i meant old gen eclipse it was referring to the 3rd gen.
I'm assuming your a eclipse fan so you know what year each gen is. Did you even read the thread topic? The whole topic was about a 2003 eclipse. That is a 3rd gen. Its called reading comprehension. If you don't understand that i seriously can't help you. Just try taking some more english classes.

Honestly just say you made a mistake and you thought i was talking about the 2nd gen eclipse and not the third and leave it at that. You already agreed with my basic description of the 3rd gen eclipse. Let the thread die.
Old 12-14-2005
Mr_Casual

Stop being a bitch alright. It don't matter that the post was about a 3rd gen. Check your post "it doesn't really matter a stock v6 would still beat a manual ex anyways. Unless the ex was boosted or swapped." NEW SENTENCE... "The old gen eclipses are slow for there class, but still fast though to beat economy cars." That's where I got the 2nd gen question from. That's why I asked now your just being a ***. You want to keep going we can keep going.
Old 12-14-2005
Mr_Casual

WHOAA there buddy older gen eclipse are slow for there class? Talk about reading comprehension. That mark at the end of the sentence is called a QUESTION MARK. It mean someone is writing in the form of a question. Now maybe you didn't complete grade school but it is pretty basic. Why couldn't you have just answered with a no I'm talking about the 3rd gen instead of showing everyone what a troll you are. It's people like you who give Honda guys a bad name. Yes I like mitsubishi, yes I like 1st and 2nd gen Eclipses, and I am considering a 06 si that's why I joined this site. I have yet to talk bad about hondas at all. Stop with the attitude boy.

Last edited by Mr_Casual; 12-14-2005 at 02:20 AM.
Old 12-14-2005
Registered!!

WHOAA there buddy older gen eclipse are slow for there class? Talk about reading comprehension. That mark at the end of the sentence is called a QUESTION MARK. It mean someone is writing in the form of a question. Now maybe you didn't complete grade school but it is pretty basic. Why couldn't you have just answered with a no I'm talking about the 3rd gen instead of showing everyone what a troll you are. It's people like you who give Honda guys a bad name. Yes I like mitsubishi, yes I like 1st and 2nd gen Eclipses, and I am considering a 06 si that's why I joined this site. I have yet to talk bad about hondas at all. Stop with the attitude boy.

I never said you said anything bad about Honda's. Apparently you were the only one special enough to think i was talking about a 2nd gen eclipse. As for education, i have a Bachelor of Arts from a UC. Your the one that started calling me names, which shows your level of education.

I like the 2nd gen eclipse, it was just too small of a car for my lifestyle. The new SI is a nice car and priced very well when compared to the other civics in the 8th gen lineup.

Anyways, i'm not going to debate about the mechanics of writing paragraphs and sentences. Think whatever you want. I'm not going to argue with you anymore.
Old 12-17-2005
Mr_Casual

Arts huh? Fair enough case closed!