Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

stupid maryland cop..

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wborocivex is an unknown quantity at this point
stupid maryland cop..

soo im with my bud leavin buffalo wild wings in hagerstown, maryland -- rollin in my 02 ex w/ 2.5 pipes, hi flo cat, and megan muffler... when a state cop rolls up on my *** in an unmarked and stops me on the on ramp to get on i-81 north IN THE POURING RAIN on the bend of the ramp.. WELL.. heres the charge... MODIFIED EXHAUST ON MOTOR VEHICLE.. CAUSING EXCESSIVE NOISE. he tells me in his own words -- anything not factory is illegal in maryland.. lmfao. btw i have PA tags.. i was driving in maryland for a total of maybe 5 minutes. sooo yes,, here is my story for ya'll to read.. leave me your thoughts.. btw,, me and my friends are def. goin to court for this sixty dollar nuisance.. not for hte money.. just for the win.
Old 11-30-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
good luck with that... i hate dumb cops... if he was cool he shoulda let you off with a warning since your not from the state...
Old 11-30-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Why are you going to court? If it's true then you'll lose, reguardless if you were driving for 5 minutes.
Old 11-30-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Why are you going to court? If it's true then you'll lose, reguardless if you were driving for 5 minutes.
this dudes rite...
your car must obey all state laws even if u are just passing through
Old 12-01-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Look up the law, Read it, understand it. That will give you your best chance in Court.
Old 12-01-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Personally I would call Megan and whoever made the cat and ask them if they are aware of this law. Generally they will give you a Federal LAw that says it is perfectly legal to change parts on your car if it still meets local regulations and preforms the same function or better than the OEM part, that proves the cop wrong, but that is not what he wrote you a ticket for.

The ticket was for to loud of an exhuast, so call Maryland State Patrol and find out what the max sound is for a car. Then get your officiall measured and notorized, if it is under the legal limit, he looses.

The part about not be able to modify your exhuast is BS though, there is no way they could pass a law like that and have it hold in court. The aftermarket companies would even fight for that, but agian, that is not what the cop wrote the ticket for.

Good luck

BTW, this should probably be in the legal forum.
Old 12-01-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by wborocivex
soo im with my bud leavin buffalo wild wings in hagerstown, maryland -- rollin in my 02 ex w/ 2.5 pipes, hi flo cat, and megan muffler... when a state cop rolls up on my *** in an unmarked and stops me on the on ramp to get on i-81 north IN THE POURING RAIN on the bend of the ramp.. WELL.. heres the charge... MODIFIED EXHAUST ON MOTOR VEHICLE.. CAUSING EXCESSIVE NOISE. he tells me in his own words -- anything not factory is illegal in maryland.. lmfao. btw i have PA tags.. i was driving in maryland for a total of maybe 5 minutes. sooo yes,, here is my story for ya'll to read.. leave me your thoughts.. btw,, me and my friends are def. goin to court for this sixty dollar nuisance.. not for hte money.. just for the win.
Its a state ticket.. you can just ignore it... You will not be able to go to PA for 10 years or so though .
Old 12-01-2005
Registered!!

wborocivex is an unknown quantity at this point
you mean maryland?
Old 12-01-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
ya I mean Maryland..bahh why did I have PA on my mind
Old 12-01-2005
Registered!!

hk2ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a ticket for the same thing in ny and if my buddy can't get me off the ticket(retired nypd) than Im gonna go to court and fight it. A guy that I work with has a 5th gen and was ticketd for same thing went to court and got it dismissed then the same trooper that gave him the ticket pulled him over on his way back to work from court and gave him another ticket and said"evrytime I see you I'm gonna pull you over", now thats a a55hole cop(excuse me Trooper).
Old 12-02-2005
Broken Arm, How Am I Suppost To Shift

down_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusted
If you take the citation to court, you'll win. THE CAR ONLY HAS TO OBIDE BY THE STATE LAWS THAT IT IS REGISTERD IN!!!. Take it from some one who use to Race Out in Ontairo California. then moved to vegas and Registered the car... Its common sence... how are you suppost to know what the Aftermarket laws are in every 50 states?? your not.. and a court will agree... I've been in the same situation before.... Take window tint for example.... CALIFORNIA has the strictest Tint laws in the country.. but Vegas is very leniant due to the fact that its gets damn hot here.. Example.. I have 5% on ALL my windows (minus the windshild) now in california, its illigal to tint the drivers and passanger side front windows.. but in vegas.. its not.. When i drove out to cali, i had 2 CHP and one county cop drive up my *** and run my plates.. but couldnt do **** because of where my car was registerd... ExAMPLE 2; In California. if your caught street racing, its a mandatory 6 months in jail (correct me if im wrong) Suspended license for a year. and on 2 occounts the cops made the 2 kids watch as they crushed there cars.. they've seen stoped doing the whole car crushing thing ( somthin to do w/ mind fu#king the kids but yea..) but if i were do go down there and race my car, and be unfortunite enought to get caught.. all they can do is impound my car for 30 days and wright me up some tickets.. because.. Im not from that state, not registerd there, nor. know there laws.. .......... Sorry for the long explaination of a subject that really didnt need it..
Old 12-02-2005
Broken Arm, How Am I Suppost To Shift

down_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusted
Originally Posted by hk2ronin
I got a ticket for the same thing in ny and if my buddy can't get me off the ticket(retired nypd) than Im gonna go to court and fight it. A guy that I work with has a 5th gen and was ticketd for same thing went to court and got it dismissed then the same trooper that gave him the ticket pulled him over on his way back to work from court and gave him another ticket and said"evrytime I see you I'm gonna pull you over", now thats a a55hole cop(excuse me Trooper).

tell your buddie he can take the trooper to court for hurassment.... the court will agree..
Old 12-02-2005

00blackss is an unknown quantity at this point
Good I hate how all the ricers are runnign around Hagerstown with their annoying loud exhaust.
Old 12-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
If there is a decibel limit, the cop didnt' measure it with any tools or equipment... If there is no limit, call the prosecutor up and just talk to him saying the law is BS and is only based on opinion of the cop. Thats how I got my ticket dropped before I even went to court.
Old 12-03-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Down_
If you take the citation to court, you'll win. THE CAR ONLY HAS TO OBIDE BY THE STATE LAWS THAT IT IS REGISTERD IN!!!. Take it from some one who use to Race Out in Ontairo California. then moved to vegas and Registered the car... Its common sence... how are you suppost to know what the Aftermarket laws are in every 50 states?? your not.. and a court will agree... I've been in the same situation before.... Take window tint for example.... CALIFORNIA has the strictest Tint laws in the country.. but Vegas is very leniant due to the fact that its gets damn hot here.. Example.. I have 5% on ALL my windows (minus the windshild) now in california, its illigal to tint the drivers and passanger side front windows.. but in vegas.. its not.. When i drove out to cali, i had 2 CHP and one county cop drive up my *** and run my plates.. but couldnt do **** because of where my car was registerd... ExAMPLE 2; In California. if your caught street racing, its a mandatory 6 months in jail (correct me if im wrong) Suspended license for a year. and on 2 occounts the cops made the 2 kids watch as they crushed there cars.. they've seen stoped doing the whole car crushing thing ( somthin to do w/ mind fu#king the kids but yea..) but if i were do go down there and race my car, and be unfortunite enought to get caught.. all they can do is impound my car for 30 days and wright me up some tickets.. because.. Im not from that state, not registerd there, nor. know there laws.. .......... Sorry for the long explaination of a subject that really didnt need it..
Not true at all. The court will merely tell you that you should have been aware of the laws of the states that you were visiting or merely passing through. Now granted maybe you got a generous Judge, but on most accounts they will say, to bad, so sad. This isn't another country, it's just another state.