Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

my gfs 99 GTP

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
my gfs 99 GTP

ok, so today i drove my gf's 99 GTP. she has 2 mtx 10s and an amp i bought for her back in highschool. i didn't really like it.
in fact, the only thing i liked was the subs. but its cool, power everything, and even a HUD in the car. here are my problems with it.
the throttle is mushy, even with the supercharger. the brakes are mushy, and no they don't need replacement, im just comparing to the civic. the suspension is mushy. everything is just mushier compared to the vic. i mean i even felt slow in the car. and it has 2x the hp as my ride. anyone else ever compare vehicles to their civic? like my throttle response is way tighter than that car. i don't understand. but still its a nice ride.
id rate it a 8 out of 10.
Old 10-02-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya i drove a grand am for my rental. Its supposed to be much faster but sure didn't feel like it. Also yea suspension was terrible. Felt like I was hauling a boat.
Old 10-02-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
buried a G6 GTP the other day. wasn't impressed.
Old 10-02-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
just about all American cars I have driven is very similar in your description.... maybe except for the Ion Redline....
Old 10-03-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
just about all American cars I have driven is very similar in your description.... maybe except for the Ion Redline....
i hope you meant the ion was worse. cause an ion don't have **** on the GTP. anyway i don't believe its all cars. my buick had a great throttle response and it was an 89 N/a.but it also had 220 ft pounds of torque. i just expected more cause her car has F/I. granted it is stock but still. i think it has alot to do with the weight. its like 3800 pounds or something. she likes it and thats what she cares about lol.
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
My 02 Alero, which ended up being a total POS and fell apart...but before that,
170hp, 200 torque... had the 'performance suspension' and it wasnt too too bad, the throttle was fairly crisp for a domestic, and the suspension was so-so. But the breaks, new or not, were the biggest let down...it even had the 4 disks
Old 10-03-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
yeah the gtp is weird i felt exactly what you felt and it doesnt seem that quick for have a sc
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
i have seen a few at the track with boost upgade kit that were running low 13's. in fact there was a hole club there one day at carlsbad. there were a few in the 13's but most were running low 14's. now i never got to drive one but a low 13 for that car is pretty quick.
Old 10-03-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by MajinB
i hope you meant the ion was worse. cause an ion don't have **** on the GTP. anyway i don't believe its all cars. my buick had a great throttle response and it was an 89 N/a.but it also had 220 ft pounds of torque. i just expected more cause her car has F/I. granted it is stock but still. i think it has alot to do with the weight. its like 3800 pounds or something. she likes it and thats what she cares about lol.
hmm... actually, I thought the Redline's brake pedal feel is alright..... not Euro or Jap like... but ya know, not too bad