Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Emm thr33 VS t3h EssEye of DOOM!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005
ricer hatin' motha!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAstage2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Emm thr33 VS t3h EssEye of DOOM!

Heh, I got a kick out of this one.

I had just finished setting up the new cable internet service for my lady at her new place. I was leaving the apartment when I noticed that my left rear tire was really low on air, so I stopped by the local gas place to fill it back up.

As I’m sitting there checking my tire pressure a blue E36 M3 pulls up to get some fuel. It’s pretty nice, I’ve always had a soft spot for these cars. I’ve always wanted one. They would make an absolute awesome track car or weekend auto-x racer. But I digress...

After he gets out and fiddles with the credit card machine he walks over to my car and asks engages me in one of the strangest automotive discussions I’ve had in a while;

Him: Hey man, did you paint that car that color or did it come that way?

Me: Its stock, I haven’t touched the paint.

H: Oh, it looks like my paint but a bit faded (his blue is darker). I thought you were trying to paint it up like a German sports car.

M: No.

H: Nice brakes (he notices my larger then stock slotted rotors), got anything else done to it?

M: Quite a bit actually.

H: Engine mods?

M: Well it’s a stock Honda block with bolt ons and cams.

H: Oh, so no forced induction or NOS? That’s too bad, I was going to ask you if you wanted to run 'em.

M: And why wouldn’t you want to now?

H: I don’t want to waste my gas.

M: DO you have any mods?

H: Dinan intake, ECU, clutch/flywheel and a short shifter

M: I think I could take you.

H: *laughs*

M: I tell you what. You keep that gas receipt and I will pay you that amount if you beat me, as long as there is SOME space between out cars (EG, not staggered side-by-side).

H: and If you win? Not like that’s likely....

M: 20 bucks?

H: Only if I get to look under your hood.

M: Ill show you mine if you show me yours.

H: Grins and walks over to pop his hood.

Granted I’m not too into bimmers, but I figure I would be able to spot FI, nitrous taps or any other major mods. Seemed to be completely stock except the intake, like he said... and was rather dirty, lol shame.

I popped my hood and he gave it more then a once over. He asked what kind of header I had. I told him it’s a stock Honda piece with the heat shield removed. He mentioned something about stock Honda headers not being tubular and laughed and said it didn’t matter. (In fact, I have an OEM JDM ITR header).

He even peeked into the car to check if it was gutted (which it isn’t of course).

He then asked me how big the engine was, and if it was stroked. Again, I told him No, it has completely stock internals except the valvetrain, cams, clutch and flywheel.

Him: You’ll pay for my gas huh?

Me: yup.

Him: you’re on.

We further discussed where to do this and what not. We settled on an area that’s still being built up. No residential yet, and long straight roads with stoplights that aren’t even working yet.

He asked me if I wanted to do best 2 out of 3. I told him once should be fine as long as no one misses a shift. He agreed and told me he would only take cash and not check or credit card.

I just shook my head and pointed forward.

We had agreed to go on a 3 honk start. He was even kind enough to give me the beep. I told him beep once to let me know you are ready and ill do the last 2.

We line up and he does a cheesy burnout (actually a nice one, but its on street tires, so its lame because it does jack **** for helping traction... only thing it does is draw attention and ball up your rubber at the tread edged causing loss of traction).

He backs up and lines up again. I bring my revs up as does he. He honks once.

I get ready and proceed with the other 2.

From the start he jumped a half a car on me. My tires are already balding and FWD sucks nuts for launching to begin with, especially with an open differential.

As 1st gear wound out I started to close the gap and at the 1-2 shift my front bumper was almost even with his.

I shift into 2nd and break the tires loose for a second. As the RPMs climb past 7200 I start to pull slightly on the M3. I’m looking at the tach, the road, the tach again then my side window and back at the road. As my tachometer reached 8500RPM I prepared to shift to 3rd. I glanced over briefly to see that we had now completely changed places with his front bumper at my side door.

I also saw one of the funniest looking expressions on this guys face. Sort of like the look my dog gives me after I pick up his ball and pretend to throw it for him.

3rd gear came and once again my almost dead tires lost traction for a split second. My pull wasn’t as strong as before, but I was still slowly walking away from him. 3rd gear goes by pretty quickly and at this point near the fuel cut and the 3-4 shift I was a good car in front of the BMW and its overly cocky pilot... I shift into 4th only to stay on it for a second or 2 more. I then got on the brakes to make sure he knew I was shutting down.

We both come to a stop in a cul-de-sac and he pulls up next to me.

Him: Dude, it’s not cool to hustle people like that! I knew you had some built motor when you offered to pay for my gas.

Me: I swear to you, the block is 100% stock along with all the internals. Of course it’s out of an Integra Type R, and I do have higher then stock compression from the headwork, but I told you about that. Plus I had it dyno tuned and that really helped.

He didn’t say anything at that point. He just shook his head and threw a wadded up twenty into my window and drove off rather quickly doing a pretty neat dfitooo maneuver around the corner and onto the main cross road.

Anyway that’s by tale of ownAr ship and bad sportsmAnship for today.

-joe

Cliffs Notes: I raced an E36 M3 for 20 bucks. I Pulled ~2 cars on him by 4th gear. He was pissed and thought I had more in my motor then I really do.
Old 08-12-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
i'd think you'd definitely be in the 13's. when are you going to go run at the track?
Old 08-12-2005
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Cool story!
Old 08-12-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
at first I thought it was a new M3. Love those cars.
Good kill. Now get some new tires so u can really stomp him next time.
Surprised he actually payed up. Some dude shot and killed this other guy at the track over a $50 bet a few weeks ago cause he wouldn't pay up. Gotta be careful round here.
Old 08-12-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
wow. that's worth prison for the rest of your life. a $50 cop-out. some people.
Old 08-12-2005
ricer hatin' motha!

honestly. Ive had people bone out on me w/o paying before. I just laugh at their dumb asses and flame the crap out of them in the intraweb. thats all the time they deserve from me.
Old 08-12-2005
ricer hatin' motha!

bhahaha i had someone PM me asking how much it cost to build up my D17!
Old 08-12-2005
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
that was the best story I have read on this site, granted the best stories are never from 7thgen drivers. Maybe you and s2000 man need to run...
Old 08-12-2005
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
...and then you two can collaborate and make the greatest kill story ever...

**tried to edit my first post to say that, but it wouldnt let me
Old 08-13-2005
Sekz God

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice... What's your next goal for your car btw? It must have been downright embarassing to be beaten that bad for that guy..
Old 08-13-2005
ricer hatin' motha!

Next goal?

RIght now Im at ~190WHP, 10WHP shy of my all motor goal. Im running a sock intake manifold and throttle body and thats my major bottle neck. More then 10WHP worth of clogging going on there.

After that?

More head work. major PnP job should net me somewhere upwards of a 215-220WHP total. After that Ill add a thicker head gasket to decrease compression and add a low pressure turbo. 300WHP should be fun till I get something with RWD and torque.