Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Civic DX crushed EVO VIII! ;)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
badodyssey is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic DX crushed EVO VIII! ;)

lol...can't wait to see the replies on this one! some of you will understand

This Sunday AM was nice. Cooler than I wished for, but sunny and bright out. I was headed to Home Depot, had to get some stuff for the house. I love heading out early in the morning on a nice quiet Sunday…wind in my hair, snarl of a high strung Honda motor in my ears…

I was on a barren, open stretch of 4 lane surface street. Separated by a median. A few well spaced lights, but not much cross traffic as it ran down the side of the local mall. I like running down here once in a while to let the Honda power plants breathe without getting on the freeway. Today was no different…the best part was, someone else had the same idea!

I saw it up ahead…a brand spanking new EVO VIII! Canary yellow….bad looking car! I pulled up next to him, glanced over…he looked at me, shaking his head in disdain…’I would school another today’ I thought to myself. I just smiled and nodded….

It was on…I dropped the car into “N”, revving the engine menacingly. Neutral? Hehehe…I had my trusty 92 civic sedan, DX trim….1.5 liter firebreathing monster under the bonnet! All 89 ponies made the car lurch up and down and I gunned it…blue smoke billowing from the 1.25 inch exhaust tip. I revved, let off the gas…listened as the loose muffler rattled against the rear bumper…oh yeah, this one was mine!

I had one hand on the steering wheel, on layed lazily on the shifter. I looked at my radio, pretending to ignore the light and the EVO…I was going to play with this guy! I glanced at the stop signal out of the corner of my eye, trying to make him think I wasn’t paying attention. I turned up the volume on my STATIC X cd, listening as the 2 way paper coned speakers buzzed and echoed hollowly through the car….it made my neck hair stand on end…or did the whine of the engine do it…who cared!

I saw the green light flash out of the corner of my eye. I dropped the mighty DX into “D” and hammered it! There was a split second delay as the tranny waited to kick in…BAM! I was off! I looked up…what the? Wow! I had dusted the EVO…where was he? Wait…he’s not behind? Oh ****!

I noticed the yellow dot on the horizon up ahead. ‘Muahahahaaha’….I thought to myself, my plan had worked. I made him ‘think’ he got the jump on me! I don’t think so grasshopper. I punched it harder…the floorboard creaked from the strain of my foot planting accelerator into it. The rubber pedal bent to my will. “come on!” I screamed…the DX finally shifted into 3rd……………there! BAM! Into second. I was off!

The 1.5 liter accelerated hard! A 3 legged chihuaha pulling a 50lb cement block came instantly to mind…I was catching him fast now!

I saw him brake lights…here’s where I would take my prey. As he waited up ahead for the light to turn green, I buried my foot further into it….all 89 ponies strained, screaming for mercy! I didn’t care dammit! I would win if it killed the motor! The speedo creaped skyward….37…………………………………….38……………………………….39……it was on! By the time I got to within 500 feet of the ‘blessed’ EVO, I was nearing the civic’s peak speed……57……..58……………………5…..9……yes! I had done it! I pushed this beast past it’s known limit!

I was on the EVO fast….just as I got next to him the light turned green.

Everything went into slow mo…I tuuurrrnnneeeddd mmmyyyy hhheeeaaaddd…toward him…our cars neck and neck. I glanced down at the tach…errr…hmmm…no tach…I looked at the speedometer: 61! Holy!! I had pushed the envelope. I pointed to him, slowly, then pointed to the door of my civic…tapping the sheetmetal just below the mirror…”after I beat you” I screamed above the din “I’ll go home and clean this spot of bird **** off my car!” ahahahahaha….this race WAS mine!

I looked down again, radio. I glanced up just as we cleared the intersection. I looked over…what the? Where was he now, had I passed him sooo fast I didn’t realize? Wait! There! That yellow dot again…it was him in the distance.

But then I saw it…and my chance. The flashing light….This would end now!

I pressed the pedal even harder…..whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…no, the DX was not crying…or maybe it was? I didn’t care, “You will take me to victory” I howled!

I blasted down the road…inching closer every second! I saw his brakes again…then that flashing light…his turn signal? I was after him…I closed, then got next to him…wow! This thing was fast! The turn signal…the brake lights…it’s a mitsu! I’m sure it was just electrical problems.

I blew past the sorry bastard, flashing the famous “L” out the pass window. He turned into Target, or as I call it “TARJAY”, French for “cheap”. He most likely was trying to get off the road, utterly embarrassed, before he wrecked his precious EVO…he was blind with rage, I’m sure.

I smiled to myself…I had fooled this wily foe. And I had won!
Old 05-30-2005
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

jayvo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow you're a really good narrator. you should write a book! lol
Old 05-30-2005
Registered!!

dxray is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 05-30-2005
I'm taking over!

Big Rob has a little shameless behaviour in the past
lol, spoken like a true ricer...j/k. Reminds me of the time that I yelled, "my car is better than yours," as I passed a chick washing her bf's 350z.
Old 05-30-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
haha wish I was there to experience it.
Old 05-30-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
i was waiting for the line "...and then i woke up"
Old 05-30-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
You must write for the F&F movies......lol
Old 05-30-2005
I'm taking over!

Big Rob has a little shameless behaviour in the past
No he shouldn't. Think about all of the writers that would lose their jobs. Do you want to explain to there kids that they can't even put rice on their table because they were out-riced?
Old 05-30-2005

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Big Rob
No he shouldn't. Think about all of the writers that would lose their jobs. Do you want to explain to there kids that they can't even put rice on their table because they were out-riced?
Hey man, you know what they say.... all is fair in Love and Rice
Old 05-30-2005
The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits. As seen on TV by QBoi.

Kadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the rough
Sounds like one of my kill stories. I like revving at people and getting them all hyped and ready to run at a light. The light turns green and I start to go regularly and they spin tires and cause a scene. I love it
Old 05-30-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Honda Civic DX owns you.
Old 05-30-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
thats some funny stuff
Old 05-30-2005

Originally Posted by Kadenx
Sounds like one of my kill stories. I like revving at people and getting them all hyped and ready to run at a light. The light turns green and I start to go regularly and they spin tires and cause a scene. I love it
I'm a big fan of that trick, especially fun if you can see a cop car up ahead and they can't cause there watching the light and waiting for the green.
Old 05-30-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Hurts2bStock
Hey man, you know what they say.... all is fair in Love and Rice
Isn't rice cheaper than gas now???
Old 05-30-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Big Rob
lol, spoken like a true ricer...j/k. Reminds me of the time that I yelled, "my car is better than yours," as I passed a chick washing her bf's 350z.

LOL...now that's funny!
Old 05-30-2005
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its always fun to rev on people in my auto lol, its all riced out, then I hit the switches and start bouncing and they get jealous woot woot lol
Old 05-31-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
f uck home depot
Old 06-01-2005
Da Drilla From Manila

bluesi05 is an unknown quantity at this point
your car goes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? i think your running lean! nice story though, got me laughing like a