Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Blower vs. blower...the epic battle

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
badodyssey is an unknown quantity at this point
Blower vs. blower...the epic battle

This should be in the 'kill' section, but this is all about blowers so bear with me!

2 of them, locked in mortal combat...one small and light, one sinewy and sleak...a true story of victory and defeat...one badged with an "H" and the other a fad, destined for eventual agony, just like the 'new' beetle.....

I speak of a war this morning. On the Ohio 80, coming in for work. I switched last night, the other manager was sick...and what a splendid move to take the early shift!

I blast onto the freeway, feeling frisky this morning. The cool AM temps here in Ohio were exsilerating to say the least. I popped in my Godsmack CD and put the petal to the polyester based carpet fibers.

I hit the onramp fast! Pushing the Falkens to there limit. The car stuck like glue however, making me feel really good. The traffic was a bit heavy at this moment in time. it's usually light, but a few semi's and a string of cars in formation threw a wrench into my 'blast' plans. or so they thought!

I kept it in third, listening to the blower whine with glee...watching the tack quickly rise, speedo doing the same. I quivered with excitement. The supercharger is the best thing to happen to me since...since I was born.

I rocketed onto the turnpike off the ramp, squeezed between 2 semis....then I saw it! dead in front of me! A string of cars...and in the last spot it sat. I looked it over, subconciously checking lanes, mirrors, tach, speed...

It looked 'ok'. Clear tails on a 'Dark Silver' (hint) colored body, graphite BBS style wheels, black and red racing stripes running from top to bottom of the rear quarter, angled front to back near the rear wheel (kinda gay looking), black.......roof and mirrors (dead giveaway), stock looking parts otherwise.

Yes, it was a cooper S...a Mini cooper S. Looked hunkered down, seemed he dropped it a bit more than it already is, wasn't sure however...no time to guess, I wasn't interested (sort of). This whole mental intake of parts and colors was processed by what's left of my aging brain in seconds...blasting past trucks, looking for an opening, speed increasing...scan mini...and blasting on down the Ohio 80. All pretty easy and just habit.

I shot past him and the line of cars in front of him. pushing the petal harder, I didn't care if he chased or not. I was having fun and just looking for some open road to cruise on...I watched the mirror. watched....watched...YES! he shot out from behind his lead car and came after me. I slowed a bit, down to about 80.

The Mini came up close behind me...too close. I looked in the mirror. Man, that guy looked old! The driver was a bit older than I, his passenger an OLD guy! It was on...

I waved out the back window, dropped the mighty, blown Si into 4th and hammered it. Blower whining, I quickly pulled away from him, shot around some slow traffic, him trying to keep up. It was easy, too easy. I dropped speed again, 75, and he came back up on me. Moved over into the middle lane, he followed. He was scared. He'd been schooled by a seemingly harmless Ep Hatch.

This went on for about 30 miles. He would never pass me. I'd blast once or twice here and there for fun, watching as he dropped back and then would try and catch me. he wouldn't of course, until I let off the accelerator and dropped speed to near 'legal'.

I shook my head in disgust. what a tiny light car, complete with blower, and my mighty, underated Si dusting it easily time after time. I was gleeful. I switched discs, watching my mirrors. maybe he'd try and race past me...would I keep him from passing? would I squirt behind him and show him how to ride a bumper? I'd never know...the fear of EP was written all over his bespeckled face. He knew he's lost.

The last 12 miles were uneventful. A boat load of semis', some construction...and I was satisfied. I kept to about 72, him slightly back, in tow of the vivid blue rocketship. At my exit I slowed and got over in the offramp lane...he slowly passed me, honked and waved. The smile that creased the old mans lips let me know that he indead knew he'd been whooped.

Hours later now I ponder. Will he trade his Mini S for an Si? would he try and add more parts to compete next time? Would he look for a helpless cavalier or ZX2 to 'dust' in revenge? no one knows...not even I.

**A little side to this story. The cooper S never impressed me. when I sold Honda We had 2 over a 2 year period on trade. I drove them and thought that stock the Si was at least as quick, smoother and maybe even a hair faster.

peace all!
Old 05-27-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
wow thats one hullava a story. good kills. and you made it so vivid lol
Old 05-27-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
cooper-s weak! sorry, just the movie italian job hyped it up, I mean like 16x hp at the crank for a supercharged car, I would expect way more than that.
Old 05-27-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Then go buy the John Cooper Works package. CooperS is a bit like a Civic, not so much a straightline car, the S on does mid/low-15s stock.
Old 05-27-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
cooper is worst than a civic....
even if you werent supercharged I would have my money on the si.
Old 05-27-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
you are a good story teller, but you exaggerate a little too much. anyway cool fun.
Old 05-27-2005
Broken Arm, How Am I Suppost To Shift
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

down_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusted
Dude. You really like ..need to take up wrighting as a career...fVckin Awsome story tellin skills
Old 05-28-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
2.0L>1.6L, big surprise. good story though.
Old 05-28-2005
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice
Old 05-28-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by diskreet
you are a good story teller, but you exaggerate a little too much. anyway cool fun.
exaggerate? me? no! what's the point of writing something worth reading, if it's not worth reading
Old 05-28-2005
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
That hurts to read, please type it up in word and use spell checker.
Old 05-30-2005
Registered!!

lol...well, seeing as how on 3 forums, your the first complaint...all I can say is: don't read it then! you sound like my wife!!