Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Civic Vs. Scion tC

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004
Back From The Banned!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
^^^ ahhh, very nice!
had a friend who swapped in a VR6 into a Jetta 3
Old 10-27-2004
Registered!!

SliCkCeLiGTS is an unknown quantity at this point
silly civics :P
Old 10-27-2004
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
Question

True-ness....D series is honda's black sheep, but WTF is up with people raggin on civics!? Why can't everyone just get along? Flame on the people driving civics thinking there're in a poket rocket, not the car itself. Civics are more of statement then a speed machine. Sexy azz show car. Next time anyone has a negative statement, ball it up into a nice smooth shaft and shove it up your

Old 10-27-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
im lovin the trolls.
Old 10-27-2004
Boosting Daily

EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
Talking

but yeah Gotti, IMO, ur auto is pretty nice
Old 10-27-2004
Registered!!

gdoggmoney is an unknown quantity at this point
vr6 modlist from clubrsx:

Shaved head, so altered base timing. High compression metal MKIV Vr6 headgasket(raises compression 1 full pt.)

Ported throttle body, intake manifold(s), exhaust manifolds, downpipe.

CAI, lightweight flywheel, autothority super aggressive chip, plugs with a smaller than normal gap.

*thinks*

Chopped off the third muffler too. Biggest restriction in the factory exhaust, it takes a 2.25" pipe and forces it through a 7/8" hole to stall the air and make the car silent.

PCV bypass, fresh head with hand cut valves also. 133k mile used bottom end.

Fresh lifters & oilpump. Ghetto rebuild. Here are pics:

http://www.baked.net/~crash/gallery/20040612

I'm the douche in the blue shirt who smoked lots of chron and drank lots of beer during
Old 10-27-2004
Registered!!

drjvic04 is on a distinguished road
Okay I gotta chime in hear.Even tho "arguing on the internet is like winning in the special olympics".

Automatic tranys
They can be just as fast as manuals. There are mods for auto tranys. I raced my auto trany a lot and people were suprised when Id keep up or pass them. Its not the trany its the driver.

TC 160hp
Civic 110-127hp

Both of these numbers aren't exactly earth shattering. Can a stock civic beat a stock TC yes. Can a purple monkey fly out of my A$$? Yeah!
Its mostly about the drivers. Who ever knows there car better will usually have the advantage.

Boosted cars
HP numbers mean nothing if you can't put the power to the street. For drag races torque is where you want your power. HP pulls you in the longer haul. Cars with lower HP #'s have and continue to beat Higher HP cars, why? Because they get there power to the street faster. Boost a TC boost a Civic they will both be in the same class yet again its about the driver.

D-series engines.
Certainly do not suck. Some people who go all motor and use D-15B,or just the standard D-15 put out mad horsepower. Don't just repeat crap you've heard it doesn't make it true.

Thats it!

"When I leave come together like butt cheeks"
Old 10-27-2004
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
there is a guy on honda tech with a d-16 that wastes vipers.
Old 10-27-2004
Registered!!

hwani.h22a. is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by drjvic04
Automatic tranys
They can be just as fast as manuals. There are mods for auto tranys. I raced my auto trany a lot and people were suprised when Id keep up or pass them. Its not the trany its the driver.
I don't know what to say. Auto tranny can be fast as stock manuals if modded enough.
Other wise, manual will always spank autos.
Unless we are talking about strict setup bracket race for cars with amazing WHP/WTQ, auto will not out-perform manual. Not yet.
I don't know which car you raced that you kept up with or passed, manual owner definitely didn't downshift or can't shift for ****.

TC 160hp
Civic 110-127hp

Both of these numbers aren't exactly earth shattering. Can a stock civic beat a stock TC yes. Can a purple monkey fly out of my A$$? Yeah!
Its mostly about the drivers. Who ever knows there car better will usually have the advantage.
They aren't earth shattering as you said.
Can stock civic beat a stock TC? NO.
can a good driver of civic beat a bad driver of TC? yes.
I hate when people talk like "the car" beat the other car.

This is why many ridicules civic owners.
They claim wins(which is totally understandable. bad drivers are out there. alot of them), and they talk like they beat the car, say stuff like "yeah, they aren't impressive at all".
You mean the DRIVER isn't impressive.
At the end, all the other dumb owners believe that their car is capable of beating the Car B(which supposively faster), which is not true, they go out there talk ****.
and then, when they get smoked, they claim ridiculous excuses or have that super-surprised look on their face.

Boosted cars
Cars with lower HP #'s have and continue to beat Higher HP cars, why? Because they get there power to the street faster. Boost a TC boost a Civic they will both be in the same class yet again its about the driver.
That because some retards bolt-on turbos, make lots of whp/wtq, and don't care about traction/suspension.
Which will not be the case for most "real" tuners with lots of whp/wtq, they will know how to handle it.
higher hp/tq cars will always beat lower hp/tq cars as long as drivers aren't stupid enough.
Boosted TC's 2.4liter will always be faster than boosted civic.
Class? yes, same class. TC just received better performance and bigger motor to begin with.

D-series engines.
Certainly do not suck. Some people who go all motor and use D-15B,or just the standard D-15 put out mad horsepower. Don't just repeat crap you've heard it doesn't make it true.
D-series "suck" in terms of performance. and between true performance enthusists.
D-series do not "suck" in terms of economic ability. They pump out enough horses to move around, and gets great MPGs.
However, when we talk performance, obviously D series engine isn't the wisest choice.
There are just better motors out there to choose from.
nobody said D-series can't put out serious numbers.
but with given equal parts, and similar amount of money, you'd be better off with other performance oriented honda motors.

"When I leave come together like butt cheeks"
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice and the lesson."
-- Bill Cosby (b. 1937)
Old 10-27-2004
Registered!!

fireDC5 is an unknown quantity at this point
on a side note, i had a scion TC rev at me today, i just laughed and i think he got the point that he wasnt worth my 2.50 cent/gallon gas
Old 10-27-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by fireDC5
on a side note, i had a scion TC rev at me today, i just laughed and i think he got the point that he wasnt worth my 2.50 cent/gallon gas
yo what up fireDC5, you in clubrsx right? if I remember correctly, you have some decent mods in your firepepper rsx.. including hondata.. or kpro.. I forgot...

obviously its waste of time to race one of those in your type-s.
Old 10-27-2004
Registered!!

Last edited by hwani.h22a.; 10-27-2004 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-27-2004
Registered!!

duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
So would you laugh if some beat down 6th gen civic revved at ya? I don't race, but I find it kind of funny how you can consider some people a waste of your time when you don't know exactly what they have. But the Scion TC since it's so new, would probably have few mods.
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

DOHHHHHHHHHHHH.

god knows what those civics have inside. either PURE riced out, or SERIOUSLY fast.
obviously I won't race, but I would be able to tell if this guy is joking or not when he's revs by how it sounds.

And obviously, ScionTC JUST came out, so it can't have much mods.
Unless he received TRD stuff. even with TRD SC, RSX-S with hondata+ mods will beat it.
get it now? jeez.
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

drjvic04 is on a distinguished road
I don't know what to say. Auto tranny can be fast as stock manuals if modded enough.
Other wise, manual will always spank autos.
Unless we are talking about strict setup bracket race for cars with amazing WHP/WTQ, auto will not out-perform manual. Not yet.
I don't know which car you raced that you kept up with or passed, manual owner definitely didn't downshift or can't shift for ****.

Wow we seem to agree a lot. But the guy I was racing was my friend, I know from first hand experience that hey knows how to shift. He has a 91 si hatch. I had just given my 88 maxima a tune up and we went for a drive on the freeway. Every time he would downshift and go Id be right there with him. And since I had the V6 I had a higher top speed then him which he didn't like too much.

Common misconceptions limit people from trying different setups. They hear things so much they take it at face value without testing it themselves.
Especially with cars there are few absolutes.

Some kid with CRX with I/E tried to run me at a stop sign. We both took off at the same time. He hit second then third and I was pulling hard on him. I shut it down because my street came up. My lil bro was with me and was sayin "man you had that guy". There have been plenty other cars that have thought since its an auto its a no go. Not every auto is made equal though.

The only reason I posted is cause there are so many here that down the 7th gen. If you want a sprots car buy one. Why buy a donkey and complain that its not a horse? Yeah there aren't that many mods for this car. The aftermarket takes time to catch up so be patient. I personaly love the way this car handles. I think that most people who complain about how slow the car is can't drive anyway!

oh well opinions are like #$$ holes!

Last edited by drjvic04; 10-28-2004 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Rsxtc
"Only 163lbs of tq?" Find me another naturally aspirated 2.4l 4cylinder engine which makes more/comparable tq, then talk. The only one i can think of is the K24 found in the TSX which makes 166lbs tq. Try not to forget that the tC makes about 50lbs more tq than an EX civic.

"Join a tC forum?". I am a member of one. Just putting you in your place.
the k24 in the accord, element, cr-v and TSX are quite close. among other 2.4L(166) and close (within 100-200 cc's), so are the 2.4L(162) motors found in the camrys (essentially the same as the tC, i know), the 2.3L(160) in the mazda 3s, the 2.5L(165) subaru SOHC in the impreza and legacy, the 2.5L (180!)the sentra SE-R and altima 4cyl also come to mind. just putting you in your place.

good kills/deaths btw.
Old 10-28-2004
Boosting Daily

Talking

Originally Posted by drjvic04
oh well opinions are like #$$ holes!
Hehe, yeah, everyone's got one!
Old 10-28-2004
Boosting Daily

Originally Posted by hwani.h22a.
god knows what those civics have inside. either PURE riced out, or SERIOUSLY fast.
Well said

i respect someone alot more that takes a slow econo car such as the civic and made it a speed machine vs. someone that bought an already fast car that's stock.
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

Rsxtc is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dragoon
the k24 in the accord, element, cr-v and TSX are quite close. among other 2.4L(166) and close (within 100-200 cc's), so are the 2.4L(162) motors found in the camrys (essentially the same as the tC, i know), the 2.3L(160) in the mazda 3s, the 2.5L(165) subaru SOHC in the impreza and legacy, the 2.5L (180!)the sentra SE-R and altima 4cyl also come to mind. just putting you in your place.

good kills/deaths btw.
so tell me exactly how is the 163ls tq that the tC produces considered NOT impressive compared to the other engines that you mentioned? Sometimes, you should think before you speak out.

you know what's NOT impressive? The 114lbs tq that the d17 puts out.
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

NaSh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
so tell me exactly how is the 163ls tq that the tC produces considered NOT impressive compared to the other engines that you mentioned? Sometimes, you should think before you speak out.

The 2.2-liter, DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine design is very powerful, yet compact. Producing 240 horsepower and 162 lb.-ft. of torque, it has one of the highest specific outputs

close enoughs to that with .2L smaller...you can figure out the car
Old 10-28-2004
Boosting Daily

Exclamation

/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/
Originally Posted by EternalBlue_Vic
Next time anyone has a negative statement, ball it up into a nice smooth shaft and shove it up your
Old 10-28-2004
Boosting Daily

Talking

Originally Posted by NaSh123
The 2.2-liter, DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine design is very powerful, yet compact. Producing 240 horsepower and 162 lb.-ft. of torque, it has one of the highest specific outputs

S2k
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

Rsxtc is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by NaSh123

I guess now all 4 cylinder engines are being compared to the F22C found in the s2k? If that's the case, then every 4 cylinder engine would be deemed inefficient. If everything was based on liter per horsepower/torque output, how would the d17 fare against the f22? The f22 only has .5 liters of displacement on it. Is the d17 a piece of **** then?

My point with the scion's engine was that isn't a POS as someone had earlier mentioned.
Old 10-28-2004
Boosting Daily

The d17 isn't a POS on what it was designed to be. Reliable econo car. Remember, VTEC-E. If Honda wanted it to be a quick car, they would have designed it with dual cams and true VTEC.
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

1320Racing is an unknown quantity at this point
^Are you from La
I know a guy in La owns a TC and a white RSX-S
Old 10-28-2004
Boosting Daily

i find it comical how all these peeps lately have been coming on the boards flaming civics. It's like Bin Laden running into the white house screaming JI'HAD!!!!
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point

nowhere in your original post did you say anything about it being impressive or not, you merely challenged someone to find engines similar in size with similar torque output, and I found several. it may be impressive, but obviously it's nothing special. sometimes, you should think before you speak out.
Old 10-28-2004
Boosting Daily

Originally Posted by 1320Racing
^Are you from La
I know a guy in La owns a TC and a white RSX-S
\/\/
heh...i aint even a scion owner.
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
i think its time for RSXTC to shut his mouth...coming on a civic site to bag on the civic...pretty stupid if you ask me
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
we all know most of our cars are slow on here, so we don't need any more bad mouthing from a TC lover...just leave it alone...the guy beat TC in a race. leave it at that and shut up

Quick Reply: Civic Vs. Scion tC