Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

A little Neon/SRT-4 Etiquette for Y'all.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
SRT's should really just stay off the Solo tracks. They're horrible cars for anything other than straight line bs
Old 09-30-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pharoh
SRT's should really just stay off the Solo tracks. They're horrible cars for anything other than straight line bs

The problem with the really deals with where they got droped class wise...

Stock they run D-Stock, where the Integra Type Rs and BMW 330 Ic rule...

Mildly preped they run STU... where EVO 8s and STis run...

More heavliy preped they run CSP.. where Miatas and MR2s rule... there's just no good place for them.

Grassroots motorsports campained one in D-Stock at the national Finals in topeka.. it came in 5th with a good driver behind the wheel.... However 5th was 2 seconds back from 1st.... thats a lot of time to make up.
There was also one run in CSP, and they ended up in 27th, 10.5 Seconds back from 1st. Dodge had it right with the Neon ACR, and they seem to have forgotten it in favor of the SRT
Old 09-30-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
nice rant
Old 10-01-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
just a few things...yeah, read my name...love the srt-4...I have no problem saying it's a neon...it's numbers speak for themselves...it is the single best bang for your buck car out there. someone else want to name a factory 13 second car for 20 grand or under? exactly.

oh, and the Neon ACR owns in aotocross That is the only other Neon that is halfway decent. And highly modified at that.

yes, rice is not restricted to imports, there are plenty of riced-out mustangs where I live

(on a side note, when comparing cars, always compare stock to stock and brand new to brand new...not any of these oh I could find a used this for this rock bottom price...I could just say I know someone selling their 92 viper for 14k and own all of those arguments...)
Old 10-01-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
just a few things...yeah, read my name...love the srt-4...I have no problem saying it's a neon...it's numbers speak for themselves...it is the single best bang for your buck car out there. someone else want to name a factory 13 second car for 20 grand or under? exactly.

oh, and the Neon ACR owns in aotocross That is the only other Neon that is halfway decent. And highly modified at that.

yes, rice is not restricted to imports, there are plenty of riced-out mustangs where I live

(on a side note, when comparing cars, always compare stock to stock and brand new to brand new...not any of these oh I could find a used this for this rock bottom price...I could just say I know someone selling their 92 viper for 14k and own all of those arguments...)
love the car but out the door you can get an evo RS. if you can live without air coniditioning and that will walk all over an srt-4. BTU stock you mean 14.0 sec car according to motortrend.
evo is 13.1 and sti is 13.4
Old 10-01-2004

TurboDreamZ is an unknown quantity at this point
k20 with nitrous on ITB.. no turbo.. str8 N/A.. still be cheaper.. i can get a civic coupe for 7gs.. drop the motor and mods bringing me at like 15-17 g's .. then srt is absolutly no match.. oh oh and im 3-5 g's cheaper.. im talkin about bang for the buck
Old 10-01-2004
Registered!!

someguy is an unknown quantity at this point
there is a lot of ignorance at work in this thread. there is also some truths. as for the domestic turbos, buick had one back in the day. i think it was a regal...fastest production car at the time. that would give a lot imports a run for there money. i am not taking either sides of the spectrum, just saying that would be awesome. besides i miss my v8...loved that sound.
Old 10-01-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
love the car but out the door you can get an evo RS. if you can live without air coniditioning and that will walk all over an srt-4. BTU stock you mean 14.0 sec car according to motortrend.
evo is 13.1 and sti is 13.4
well take a look at road and track. professional driver took it to a 13.3

hmmm...pay half the price for 2 tenths of a second slower than an evo...I like my chances

plus, in terms of drag...there is a pro srt-4...I do not know of a respectable evo or sti in drag running anything lower than 9's... (please keep in mind that although I do enjoy watching autocross, WRC, and drifting events, I am a drag guy at heart...the evo and sti are great in all three of those events...drifting they need a RWD conversion...but I am interested in drag only

2.4L vs. 2.0L vs. 2.0L...I'll take the 2.4 every time, on top of the fact that its overbore limit is an insane .008

I told you people to stop comparing used vehicles...new vs. new only. cause anyone can make up some bullshit about how they can get an r34 skyline for 10 dollars...

new vs. new, stock vs. stock, the srt-4 is the best performance deal in the united states currently...that's a direct quote from road and track I have the article framed

oh and just one other thing...guess who was this year's all-motor pro FWD NHRA champion? you got it, a Dodge Neon
Old 10-01-2004
Banned

^^that's not saying that I don't like any other car, just defending my neon

sti's, evo's are cool...a little too ricey for me but that's just my own little opinion you can disagree if you want...but they throw down the numbers and I respect that. if you're an autocross or WRC or drift kind of guy, those two are the cars for you

if you're a drag kind of guy, the srt-4 is the car for you. take a look at psi-fi...25 grand to have a car in the low 11's
Old 10-01-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by someguy
there is a lot of ignorance at work in this thread. there is also some truths. as for the domestic turbos, buick had one back in the day. i think it was a regal...fastest production car at the time. that would give a lot imports a run for there money. i am not taking either sides of the spectrum, just saying that would be awesome. besides i miss my v8...loved that sound.

It was a Regal better known as the Grand National. Fastest year was the 1987 and the GNX variant was even faster...but super rare. They were 13 sec cars out of the box. Fastest production car of the 1980's. V6 Turbo.
Old 10-01-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
^^that's not saying that I don't like any other car, just defending my neon

sti's, evo's are cool...a little too ricey for me but that's just my own little opinion you can disagree if you want...but they throw down the numbers and I respect that. if you're an autocross or WRC or drift kind of guy, those two are the cars for you

if you're a drag kind of guy, the srt-4 is the car for you. take a look at psi-fi...25 grand to have a car in the low 11's

Actually, the STi and Evo 8 arnt the cars to have in their respective Stock class (A-Stock)... they still get beat badly by the Old C4 corvettes.
the only place they seem to do will is in ESP, where they get to beat up on Pony cars.

and you are absolutly right, if Drag racing is your thing then the SRT is a great car to get. But I dont, which is why I have little to no intereste in it. Now if Dodge came out with an ACR version of the SRT.....
Old 10-01-2004
Banned

if dodge had an ACR version of the srt-4...sigh lol

how about an AAR SRT-4? I could give it some orange paint, black hood, black slotted stripes

yeah, those goddamn c4's lol...hard to leave a car stock though
Old 10-01-2004
Autocross Junky

Stock Classes in SCCA autocross are deceptive.... as the cars arnt really stock.

You can change the shocks, you can change the filter element, you can run any tire that you can fit, you can run any wheel that matches the stock size, you can change the front anti-roll bar but not the back and a hand full of other things...

so what happens is you get Corvettes showing up with $3,000 per corner shocks....

Best quote I ever heard regarding the stock classes... " I cant afford to run stock" and that came from a BSP corvette driver.

Last edited by Zzyzx; 10-02-2004 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-01-2004
Banned

^^^^ hahah that's a great quote

yeah, suspension mods are nice, but without anything but the filter element you're making maybe 10 hp more...need more mods lol

and yes, if you own a corvette, you're going to pay
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

V2Civic03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Neons suck! Dodge in itself sucks! Wouldnt buy a truck or a car from them. Sorry but im really anti-dodge, or chrystler. Whether theyre fast or not, still peices of sh*t.
Old 10-05-2004
Registered!!

V2Civic03 is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry if i got carried away but its just how i feel!
Old 12-28-2004
Love doesn't exist, only blood.

pyrofoam should not be trustedpyrofoam should not be trustedpyrofoam should not be trustedpyrofoam should not be trustedpyrofoam should not be trusted
well laddies, what about the focus with mustang motor swap? thats a fast pony, no? aww fack it, who cares anyways. rhonda the honda will be k20'd one day.
Old 12-28-2004
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
dear God don't revive old threads.