Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/60-honda-civic-racing-drift-drag-autox-time-attack)
-   -   A little Neon/SRT-4 Etiquette for Y'all. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/60-honda-civic-racing-drift-drag-autox-time-attack/168296-little-neon-srt-4-etiquette-yall.html)

Pharoh 08-11-2004 07:57 PM

A little Neon/SRT-4 Etiquette for Y'all.

ok...first of all let's have a little lesson in the newly found religion of
Domest-o-Rice. This is ever growing illness brought on by Neon drivers who believe that the advent of the SRT-4 means that all Neon's shall be the fastest sport compacts on the road without challenge....

here's your lesson boys and girls.....(specifically azzhole who I'm sure saw my 7thgen w/username plate frame today).

This is a Neon.......This is also YOU.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...684_6_full.jpg

This is a Dodge SRT-4....This is NOT you.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...390_1_full.jpg

Just because somone made this

Doesn't mean that this
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...684_6_full.jpg

is this

Your uniwiper and $10 wheels are most impressive. I also liked the no name exaust and homie pose you threw at me on the way by as you nearly slammed into the back of a bus you dumb fcuktard.

[/RANT]

allmotor 08-11-2004 08:05 PM

man for some reason even if neons were faster then they r i would never buy one

2k2redcivic 08-11-2004 08:08 PM

lmao thats hysterical!!!

sorry to say but the srt 4 is faster than ur k20 swap civic/
and if you turbo it it will be close but you'll have spent more money on the civ than the price of the srt 4 :shrug:

Taryon 08-11-2004 08:19 PM

I used to have a silver '01 Neon LX, but then got my silver '02 Civic Si-G :D Mind you, I never riced out my Neon.. nor my Civic for that matter :p but the Neon was nice.. had a 4 disc in-dash CD player! Wait, what are talking about here again? Oh yes.. stupid wannabe's :p

abmerop18 08-11-2004 08:21 PM

haha. i hate neons, but the srt-4 isnt too bad

i like how the srt-4 owners never call it a neon srt-4 either, they always just refer to it as an srt-4 :rofl:

acesfull 08-11-2004 08:23 PM

great post!!! like the lil picture swap you have going on. without them i would of got confused. :)

sp3cialk 08-11-2004 10:32 PM

haha

meseetree 08-11-2004 10:46 PM

i like the story i hate neon's but i love the new srt-4

NorthernNinja 08-11-2004 11:01 PM

I had a neon, it wasn't bad... It drove good, handled decent. I agree with the SRT-4 faster then K20 swap civic statement too.

poor jaysun 08-11-2004 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by 2K2REDCIVIC
lmao thats hysterical!!!

and if you turbo it it will be close but you'll have spent more money on the civ than the price of the srt 4 :shrug:

If you think about it.
A SRT-4 without turbo is putting down small numbers [Dodge claimed 150 hp; same as the non-turboed PT Cruiser]. Therefore, a civic with only a K20 Swap is putting down Honda claimed 200 hp.
A civic with a K20 swap may not beat the SRT-4 but remember the K20 isn't TURBOed and the SRT-4 is a 2.4L and the k20 is a 2.0L, SRT-4 has a larger displacement but without the turbo set up still doesn't produce more hp than the K20
BUT
Turbo (Stage 1) the K20 (same playground) and the SRT-4 isn't the big kid on the block anymore.
I personally know
http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...32108_0801.JPG

CdnSilverStreak 08-11-2004 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Poor Jaysun
If you think about it.
A SRT-4 without turbo is putting down small numbers [Dodge claimed 150 hp; same as the non-turboed PT Cruiser]. Therefore, a civic with only a K20 Swap is putting down Honda claimed 200 hp.
A civic with a K20 swap may not beat the SRT-4 but remember the K20 isn't TURBOed and the SRT-4 is a 2.4L and the k20 is a 2.0L, SRT-4 has a larger displacement but without the turbo set up still doesn't produce more hp than the K20
BUT
Turbo (Stage 1) the K20 (same playground) and the SRT-4 isn't the big kid on the block anymore.
I personally know

Yes, believe him. I know personally. Too bad you couldn't race the 3 SRT-4's during Street Wheelers Jay. That would have been something... :)

2k2redcivic 08-12-2004 12:19 AM

jayson

your basically comparing a rsx to the srt im talkin stock

i know the srt is a neon with a turbo but its stock!
srt is still only $19,000

poor jaysun 08-12-2004 01:33 AM

jayson

your basically comparing a rsx to the srt im talkin stock

i know the srt is a neon with a turbo but its stock!
srt is still only $19,000

Why stop at the SRT-4?
How about the WRX STi

The point is everyone knows about the SRT-4 and what it can do.
The real point of tuning is creating something no one expects. Such as a Honda Civic sedan with a K20A2 swap and turbo. Even SRT-4s don't see it.
Getting the most out of your engine for the least money.
SRT-4 is an OK platform BUT it's still a Neon on steroids. Only time will tell.
Like anything else something better will always come along.
Probably the SRT-6 (Neon with a V6)

EternalVTEC 08-12-2004 02:03 AM

lmao thats hysterical!!!

I've said it once, ill say it again. ANYONE CAN BE FAST WITH A TURBO!! wheres the pride in bolting on a little fan that forces your engine to make power, as opposed to tuning the engine to get the most out of it.

like someone else said, before the turbo, no one cared about them, they were easily beaten, and were considered uncool. now, dodge takes a neon body(aslo mitsu lancer platform), takes the EVO engine(which is basicly a plain jane 4 banger before the turbo), de-tunes it, deprives it of the AWD. gives it a useless ricer wing. and makes it a wanna be EVO.

i have more respect for someone who beats me with an N/A. they require more skill and knowledge to make power.

big freaking whoop, your car goes psssst when you shift, ooooooh! im impressed(end sarcasm) :_please:

:shake:

Got Boost??? 08-12-2004 02:32 AM

they require more skill and knowledge to make power
nope just more money

BTW the srt4 does not have a 4g63

JetBlu01 08-12-2004 02:50 AM

yeah a SRT4 is faster than a STOCK RSX S but not mod the RSX S with like I/H/E and lol hondata then its a different but that is alot of $$ in mods just to beat that STOCK SRT4 ya know

doubledeuce2k2 08-12-2004 09:14 AM

i thought the point was that neons are the new civic. every kiddie that buys one thinks they are paul walker in their neon es.

as for the discussion that has ensued, 100 N/A hp per liter displacement is impressive. but so is getting 250hp into a neon and keeping it under 20k.

taz757 08-12-2004 09:29 AM

Um, I hate to say it, but I think I'd take a Neon over my Civic, for a few reasons.

First off, I'll state that I owned a 95 Neon before I got my 01 EX.

First, the Neon has more power, stock for stock, than any Civic. My little brother and I raced (sold the car to him), and he'd whoop on me, *every* time. Both cars are AT, so it's just basically to see who could mash the gas first. Neon has more torque.

Secondly, the suspension. How many Civics do you see used in these celebrity races and whatnot? Absolutely none. They were using Neons in them for awhile because of the suspension. It's hella tigher than the Civics, stock for stock. I couldn't corner anywhere near as hard as I could, before lowering and adding an RSX-S sway bar.

I definately wouldn't mind having a Neon R/T (or if I could find it, ACR). They'd make good little road course cars, and maybe even a half-way decent AutoX car.

taz757 08-12-2004 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by JetBlu01
yeah a SRT4 is faster than a STOCK RSX S but not mod the RSX S with like I/H/E and lol hondata then its a different but that is alot of $$ in mods just to beat that STOCK SRT4 ya know

Stock SRT-4: $20,000.
Stock RSX-S: $23,500.

Add the I/H/E + Hondata, and you're looking at probably another $2500 or so. Overall, the RSX-S is going to be way overpriced if you want to try and run down an SRT-4.

HyaBoosta 08-12-2004 09:44 AM

LMAO you just called someone a FCUKTARD! LOL

aznboysrfr 08-12-2004 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by JetBlu01

rsx s with i/h/e/hondata will get you around high-mid 13's

unfortunately, an srt4 with i/h/e/chip will get u low 13's

REDchirp 08-12-2004 10:32 AM

lmao thats hysterical!!!

No offense but ur way Fuc.king wrong here... even if he bought a 2003 used civic for 13K and then turbo'd it for 3K installed, and had the motor built with Pistons ($450), rods ($650, and sleeved the fu.cker ($210 from darton), and had a Return Fuel setup ($600), and 550 c.c. injectors and turned up the boost to 16 PSi which is what teh SRT-4's are running right? That little punny D17 powerplanted civic would smoke the shit outta that SRT-4 by a solid .75-1 seconds in the 1/4 and hell if he kept teh k20 and got a cybernation "STAGE 1" turbo setup and i stress on the first stage, he'd still kick the srt4's ass all day long...

OK lets compare now:

SRT-4 04' since they have lil more power and run the Low 14's.... 23K :_doh:

vs.

Civic D17 turbo, fully built motor, and return setup on 16 PSI.... 20K Tuned :_bow:

Civic k20 swap= 18K+cybernation stage one kit at 9 PSI= 23K :hgrin:

WHICH WOULD YOU THINK WOULD COME IN LAST??? :evil:

REDchirp 08-12-2004 10:38 AM

BTW... the new SRT-4's don't go for 19K... lol they are advertised to start at 19.9K with nothing in it, no CD, no upgraded wheels, all that stuff adds up...

and WTF are people trying to compared a Turbo'd car to a N/A car for? thats like me comparing an STi to a 2g eclipse GST in a drag race.... just not on the same levels... might still even be turbo, but different drive-trans..... c'mon people don't make urself look like an ass for no reason

2k2redcivic 08-12-2004 10:46 AM

actually red chirp you wrong in a lot of ways.
gimme a break, 1st im talkin new, 2nd the srt stock runs a 13.7 and i have proof, 3rd the price of the srt is $19,000 (thats what my best friend bought his for). :2pimp:

4th and most improtant all that work u named barely beats the srt and you still didnt factor in labor!!! :_disgust:

and the d17 will cost more than that do build and boost, and how reliable do you think it will be. i mean come back to earth. :argue:

so congradulations you like alot of people in this post MISUNDERSTOOD!!! :evil: :evil:

btw: its not nice to curse @ people, comeon how old r u? :tdown: :nono:

Pharoh 08-12-2004 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by taz757

Secondly, the suspension. How many Civics do you see used in these celebrity races and whatnot? Absolutely none. They were using Neons in them for awhile because of the suspension. It's hella tigher than the Civics, stock for stock. I couldn't corner anywhere near as hard as I could, before lowering and adding an RSX-S sway bar.

You don't think a HUGE financial contribution to the event had something to do with that??????

They use Celica's as well.

REDchirp 08-12-2004 11:35 AM

wait... dont' wanna get this thread locked or anything by stupid ass kid fights, but please read the quote that YOU said in reference to the k20 swapped civic, is it just me or were you not talking about Used stuff obviously... do civic coupe come wiht k20's in the US now? if so where can i buy one... lol the point is, ur comparing apples to oranges don't get off topic, and where is this 13.7 timeslip... i've heard of the fastest stock SRT-4 in the world even ran was at superhigh elevations (colder atmospheric temps) and was winter time and only ONCE... on average the srt-4's run low 14's... trust me I've seen many many many go to the track here in tampa and run low 14's sometimes barely breaking into a 13.95 or so.... never any better... so the point is don't change you mind when arguing first off (unless you fix your post first :) ) and secondly the SRT-4's....

... ARE STILL JUST A NEON!!!

Zzyzx 08-12-2004 11:37 AM

Not another of these dam "SRT-4s suck/SRT-4s Kick every things butts" threads.... :shake:

I have one thing to say about them.... I haven't been beaten by one yet....

2k2redcivic 08-12-2004 11:44 AM

actually u need to read the thread from the beggining, i saw someone was saving up for a swap so i used that for a comprison, so thats the point im trying to make. and as far as u seeing a 14 sec srt they cant drive. as soon as i get to my boys house ill figure out how to get the time slip on here. so this obviously had and still has nothing to do with you so take your "kid fight" elsewhere.

thanks for another thread ruined children

Zzyzx 08-12-2004 12:01 PM

14 Sec??? wha??? I dont race in straight lines......

Pharoh 08-12-2004 12:02 PM

Honestly people...I started this thread as a joke and to pick at the moron I see on the way home from work everyday.