Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

BS Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004
I do a body good

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMURMILK is on a distinguished road
haha no Im not banning myself. Someone has to be the domestic man of this site, keep some people straight
Old 01-27-2004
Registered!!

Miss_Hatchy is an unknown quantity at this point
Good, I'd have no one to agree with me on certain subjects I just noticed that many frequent posters are "banning" themselves lately. What a stupid concept.
Old 01-27-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
you guys never seen the leingefeller(probally spelled wrong) vette have you. Sigh, I just wont deal with the incompitance in this thread......
Old 01-27-2004
I do a body good

haha talk about incompetence, you cant even fvckin spell lingenfelter
Old 01-27-2004
I do a body good

when you can learn to spell a legend, you come fvckin talk to me
Old 01-27-2004
I do a body good

http://www.fast-autos.net/lingenfelt...lter427tt.html

still not running 7's with a 427 twin turbo, get your facts straight jackass
Old 01-27-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Im not a domestic fan my dad is. Im more of a fan of JUN engine performance stuff. Go look up the stats on the car if you like and you will see I am very close in estimating what it is actaully capible of. Now I am off to a thread about civics not a car debate...
Old 01-27-2004
I do a body good

I just did. You were referring to putting a twin turbo in a 350, now what makes you think thats gonna be faster than a 427 lingenfelter twin turbo vette?
Old 01-28-2004
Registered!!

The new Vette now has a 6.0 FYI, although that doesn't change the fact that you are correct, Milk. I, too was a bit confused when he brought up Lingenfelter, because I am POSITIVE they do not run 7s I believe that high high 8s and 9s are really the maximum performance in true "street" trim, for any car.

But I'm sure you are wrong Milk, and Whitecastle is right. For some miraculous reason, the 6.0 TT vette will actually be an entire TWO seconds faster than the TT 427 lease: Okay, sure...even though we ALL know that going from 9s to 7s is NOT like going from 16s to 14s...entirely different ball game. Now he is off to a thread about Civics because you posted a good example that renders his claim null and void. Typical.
Old 01-28-2004
Registered!!

HERE is a 7 second Vette:

Weight: Race Ready with Driver 2,365 lbs

Manufactured to S.I.D Race Cars latest Design in CDS – basic 7.50 second Doorslammer chassis including funny car cage conforming to chassis specs & class rules.

Engine: 532ci Jeff Bull Race Engines Big Block Chevy, Jeff Bull Modified Dual Split Dominators.

Fuel: Engine- Methanol / Driver - Adrenalin

Horsepower: 1,050 BHP (aprox)

Transmission: ATI Pro Powerglide (2 speed) & Converter

The First full pass whilst still in `observed run` mode proved that the Vette had all the attributes of a 7 second car.

Yeah, but you can have the same performance by slapping TTs on a STREET car lease: When was the last time you went to the track? Don't you remember the guttural rumbling and heart shaking personalities of the sub 8 second cars? Don't you realize that 7 second quarter miles are only THREE more seconds than top fuel dragsters??? Perhaps now you understand our reaction to your ludicrous claim.

It's cool if your dad is the domestic fan, and you just happen to have a passing interest in them. I respect that But when you start to spew asanine rhetoric, and then just label the current discussion as useless because you're wrong...well that just plain sucks.

Last edited by Miss_Hatchy; 01-28-2004 at 01:54 AM.
Old 01-28-2004
Registered!!

HeartSoul is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by WhiteCastle
stop saying the mustang is a muscle car. Its a pony car....sheash.
And the cobra isnt a muscle car! its too freaking expensive.

Also the vette is not a muscle car some you people need to get that through your head . If you know your cars you would know its a SPORTS CAR! one of the finest in the world I might add. Dont even bring the c6 into this convo becuase that car OWNZ everything for the price.
Twin turbo that and you have a vette that does low 7's in the qaurter mile.
Mustang, Camaro, Firebird = muscle car...RWD, 4 seater, muscle car...the new cobra is 30-34K depending on how much u suck at buying cars that or the 30K is a bit out of your price range...thats pretty good for a 12 second car stock...
Old 01-28-2004
Registered!!

I <3 the 03-04 Cobra...I dunno which is more desirable to me The Cobra for the power, or the 2005 Mustang for the nostalgic design.
Old 01-28-2004
Registered!!

greynotch is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by WhiteCastle
stop saying the mustang is a muscle car. Its a pony car....sheash.
And the cobra isnt a muscle car! its too freaking expensive.

Also the vette is not a muscle car some you people need to get that through your head . If you know your cars you would know its a SPORTS CAR! one of the finest in the world I might add. Dont even bring the c6 into this convo becuase that car OWNZ everything for the price.
Twin turbo that and you have a vette that does low 7's in the qaurter mile.
There is no way in hell that a C6 could ever run 7's with just big turbos..... DO you have any idea what it truly takes to run 7's? ****, you have to rip out all of the interior and useless electronics just to get into the 11's with a Vette.

Basically, if you want to run 7's, you have to gut the entire car and start from scratch with either an extremely high compression small block that can handle boost along with high compression before the boost, or you drop in a monster block with over 540ci's.....

The Mustang IS a Muscle car. Read any published book about late 60's automobiles or the revitilization of power and the automotive industry pretty much concludes that the Mustang is the very essence of a Muscle car.

Last edited by greynotch; 01-28-2004 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-28-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by Miss_Hatchy
HERE is a 7 second Vette:

Yeah, but you can have the same performance by slapping TTs on a STREET car lease: When was the last time you went to the track? Don't you remember the guttural rumbling and heart shaking personalities of the sub 8 second cars? Don't you realize that 7 second quarter miles are only THREE more seconds than top fuel dragsters??? Perhaps now you understand our reaction to your ludicrous claim.

It's cool if your dad is the domestic fan, and you just happen to have a passing interest in them. I respect that But when you start to spew asanine rhetoric, and then just label the current discussion as useless because you're wrong...well that just plain sucks.
PRAISE THE LAWD!!!! I have found another person that understands drag racing and the LIMITATIONS of street cars.

I am so sick and tired of hearing morons spout off stupid statements such as, "You can get a Camaro to run 6's if you change the air filter." Bwahahahhahaha
Old 01-28-2004
Registered!!

Yes you have found me he he he

Wait...you CAN'T get 6s with an air filter? o.

JK
Old 01-28-2004
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
totally OT but I HATE that damn fast autos.net it makes my car look slow. lol j/p sorta.........

the only list for celica is the 2002 celica GT-S. which is the only year they had a lower rev limiter of 7800 rpms. 2000 - 2001 & 2003 - 2004 all have rev limiter of 8400 rpms and are considerably faster then the 02's. *&*&^(*^ uninformed people. lol

ok ranting done you may carry on. BTW that vette is just sick.
Old 01-29-2004
Registered!!

HeartSoul is an unknown quantity at this point
a Z06 Vette can run high 11s stock if they got a good driver...they dont need to gut anything out...new Cobra's are running 9's with full interior and everything so the Z06 being a faster car stock im sure they can do/did a lil better than that.
Old 01-29-2004
Registered!!

Blainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by HeartSoul
a Z06 Vette can run high 11s stock if they got a good driver...they dont need to gut anything out...new Cobra's are running 9's with full interior and everything so the Z06 being a faster car stock im sure they can do/did a lil better than that.
Anything can be faster than anything for the right amount of money... however, the best performance value for the money, modded or not, is the 03-04 Cobra right now. Nitrous Pete put a net of ~$5000 into his car and ran 9's. There is a T-88 Turbo that will (or has) run in the MID 8's!!! Oh, did I mention this is all on STOCK INTERNALS. The engine on all of these is UNTOUCHED. Merely massive boost is producing these numbers.

In my mind... MUSCLE CAR= a car that is fast as ***** AND cheap, specifically non-performance, even economy cars with go-fast parts and engines dropped in. For instance, the GTO was originally built of of the Pontiac Tempest.. def. not a performance car. Also, while officially Mustangs and Camaros are PONY cars, it is undeniable that a BOSS 429 Mustang is a Muscle Car. Take a typically 289 or 302 powered 3000lb body and drop a built 429 in it that put down 375hp and 450ft/lbs CONSERVATIVELY. If thats not a muscle car, nothing is. So, some cars could go either way on whether or not it is a muscle car, but to say that Mustangs are, in all cases, not muscle cars is dumb, as is saying that muscle cars are DEAD. (oh, and a Corvette L88 is as much a muscle car as anything else... the new corvettes, and many others, are sports cars, but the L88, that is a muscle car)
Old 01-29-2004
Registered!!

Rock on Blaine!!! I love GTOs, but refuse to pay the premium price that accompanies the name for a car that WILL be driven on the street, so my fiance and I are planning to pick up either a Tempest or Lemans, depending on which year we decide to purchase. Technology definetely has its advantages in new imported cars, but there is something to be said for the simplicity of a classic car as well imp:
Old 02-01-2004
Registered!!

WhiteCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Here you go....click on this link to see a bolt on 99 Cobra, and what Mustangs are capable of....this car has NO POWER ADDER.
http://home.comcast.net/~wicked46/cosby1162.wmv end of story

Enjoy

Last edited by WhiteCivic; 02-01-2004 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-02-2004
I do a body good

that car has a complete heads, cam job amongst a whole **** load of other thing, its not like he has just intake and exaust

and what are u proving with that video?

no one ever said mustangs dont respond to mods.

Last edited by IMURMILK; 02-02-2004 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2004
Registered!!

yah I thought that was the one thing we had all agreed on
Old 02-03-2004
Registered!!

Just quite a few "wives tales" in this post. Like " A 99newer V6 can beat a 96-98GT" umm okay. Yes you are correct, Bob Cosby's 99Cobra is probably one of the fastest bolt on NA 4V around. But there are numerous 2V GT's running (12.teens) with the stocknon-ported heads/cams. I used to like the import scene, unfortunately I found that it was tainted with "bench racers", "street racers", and alot of...."my friends brother told me this would work." I don't think that all import enthusiasts are that way. I just heard a lot more of that around the import scene. Yes there are some imports that are fast. I personally raced against a AWD Turbo Talon/ Eclipse (not sure which) that ran low 10's. This car was a RACE car, 1 seat..full cage,no interior, 4 slicks, etc. This is the minority though. Chances of a 4cyl car beating a car with a much bigger motor is slight at best. I'm not quite sure where this thread is headed..I just wanted to clear up some Mustang misconceptions. thanks and yes I have a Civic (for sale)
Old 02-03-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by WhiteCivic
Just quite a few "wives tales" in this post. Like " A 99newer V6 can beat a 96-98GT" umm okay...

...I just wanted to clear up some Mustang misconceptions. thanks and yes I have a Civic (for sale)
Have you ever DRIVEN a 96-98GT? You also missed a key factor while gathering your "wives's tales"...AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION lease: A 99+ 5spd V6 that can run low to mid 15s has a very good chance of beating the 1st generation 2 valve 4.6 auto. Even if the V8 were to squeak by 1 or 2 tenths, that is still **** poor and pathetic performance for 2 more cylinders...hence the 1999 head/intake revamping. I am like you, and try VERY hard to avoid bench racing, as well as street racing actually. I only like to analyze claims that have been shown possible on tracks, with controls in place.

There are many Mustang misconceptions (believe me it makes it hard for me to try and learn about the import world when I see so much incorrect information about domestics and imports alike), but the above is not one of them.
Old 02-03-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
THis is why I dont race in straight lines, To much arguing on What car is faster then this/that. Thats why I like autocross and Pro solo, it puts more emphisis on drivers skill rather then car. So when I beat you on track I can say "I'm faster then you" rather then "My car is faster then your car"

Just a shameless plug here but if you guys/Girls like Drag race type compition, check out Pro Solo .... Its like a drag race with turns. THink of the fun!!!!
Old 02-03-2004
Registered!!

^^^ here here, but it's a simple way to compare 2 stock cars that were not intended (from the factory) to be handling gods.
Old 02-03-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by Miss_Hatchy
Have you ever DRIVEN a 96-98GT? You also missed a key factor while gathering your "wives's tales"...AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION lease: A 99+ 5spd V6 that can run low to mid 15s has a very good chance of beating the 1st generation 2 valve 4.6 auto. Even if the V8 were to squeak by 1 or 2 tenths, that is still **** poor and pathetic performance for 2 more cylinders...hence the 1999 head/intake revamping. I am like you, and try VERY hard to avoid bench racing, as well as street racing actually. I only like to analyze claims that have been shown possible on tracks, with controls in place.

There are many Mustang misconceptions (believe me it makes it hard for me to try and learn about the import world when I see so much incorrect information about domestics and imports alike), but the above is not one of them.
I OWN A 98GT!!! IT has 125,000 miles on it. It is an AUTOMATIC, it has pullies,exhaust, (NO headers), and 4:10's and I run 14.43@94.97mph. I ran 14.90 with just 4:10s in 90 plus degree heat and humidity. So yes...I have driven one. Low to mid 15's in a 6cyl?...( I have yet to see low 15's) are a far cry from high 14's. Your 6cyl/5speed has a bit of a weight advantage to my auto/8cyl engine. Every 100lbs is about 1/10 in the 1/4. And in my opinion 14.10 sounds and IS a lot slower than 13.90. As for racing the road courses...it does look like fun but I have to get done with drag racing 1st.

Adam
Old 02-03-2004
Registered!!

Well then I am surprised we are even having this conversation...I'm in no way ragging on 96-98s (I adore ALL SN95s) but Ford deprived them of the torque necessary to keep up with 94-95s and 99-04s (V8s, that is).

And no, not everyone thinks that 1 or 2 tenths of a second in the quarter is a big deal...at least I don't It could mean win or loss on the street, and to many people that's important.
Old 02-03-2004
Registered!!

I OWN A 98GT!!! IT has 125,000 miles on it. It is an AUTOMATIC, it has pullies,exhaust, (NO headers), and 4:10's and I run 14.43@94.97mph. I ran 14.90 with just 4:10s in 90 plus degree heat and humidity. So yes...I have driven one. Low to mid 15's in a 6cyl?...( I have yet to see low 15's) are a far cry from high 14's. Your 6cyl/5speed has a bit of a weight advantage to my auto/8cyl engine. Every 100lbs is about 1/10 in the 1/4. And in my opinion 14.10 sounds and IS a lot slower than 13.90. As for racing the road courses...it does look like fun but I have to get done with drag racing 1st.

Adam
That was sorta her point. You have a '98 SN95 GT with the 4.6 WITH 4.10 gears and you run a 14.43? The week after we bought the '88 Notchback I ran it at Atco and she ran a 14.62 with stock everything. I'm talkin 2.73 gears, stock airbox, stock exhaust, with cats.... Now, the 5.0 tends to be more torqy, the notch weighs a few hundred lbs less, and it was 5-spd, but the theory holds true..... that the 4.6's were very weak.
Old 02-04-2004
Registered!!

Blainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura about
Low to mid 15's in a 6cyl?...( I have yet to see low 15's) are a far cry from high 14's. Adam
Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords pulled a 14.94 with a 99 V6 5-speed. Yes, that is 'mag racing' but if they can do it, then it can and has been done. Not many will do that well, but obviously it can be done. My car ran a 15.5@90 with a crappy 2.331 60ft with K&N, Duals, heavy Bullitt wheels, and half-tank of gas. That trap and the 60ft indicate I could EASILY be in the low 15's with a little practice even though my car is not any faster than stock probably with these mods. So, my car is capable of easy low 15's with practice and yours ran a 14.9 w/ 4.10s. Put 4.10's on mine and you are no longer significantly ahead, if at all. You can't argue with the facts, a 96-98 AUTO GT is in the same league as a 99+ Manual V6. PERIOD.

Quick Reply: BS Mustang